Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Delerion
Skeleton
2 | 0
With minion res giving us psn damage, do we MO it in addition to normal psd?

I'm assuming that gear section hasn't been updated to the new fiends that is.

Thanks!
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Delerion wrote:With minion res giving us psn damage do we MO it in addition to normal psd?

I'm assuming that gear section hasn't been updated to the new fiends that is.

Thanks!

Gear section hasn't been updated yet. For the question, minion resists > poison sd until cap, since it will both boost your fiends survivability AND your poison damage (and consequently your fiends damage since they inherit your poison stats).
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
3% reanimate is rather low. FHR is way more useful early on since you can save on MO space and put, in my case, more pierce into T4 gear.

Would be nice to cover fire spec too since, so far, it is actually great with the Elemental buff.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Johnny Impak wrote:3% reanimate is rather low. FHR is way more useful early on since you can save on MO space and put, in my case, more pierce into T4 gear.

Yeah at first I thought Feed the Pack base lvl rises it but when I realised synergy was Wolf Form I quickly switched to Circle of Life. FtP starts with a bit more LaeK but they even out at higher lvls.

Katamari
Katamari
Jewel

Required Level: 30
Item Level: 40
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
+5% to Summoned Minion Life
+5% to Summoned Minion Damage
+5% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+5 Life after each Kill
Is pretty perfect for poison build if you happen to find/trade some.
Nevermore
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
So.. Someone tried new hurricane skill deeply ? It`s viable on later bosses (120+) ?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hurricane is a channel skill. Which means anything that puts you in FHR cancels it. It hits everything in a large radius around you. Just by knowing this, it makes some harder bosses a pain. Depends on the AI of said boss. Baal was easy with this, at least on nightmare since he rubs back to you after teleport. Astrogha would be the biggest pain ever with this though. Need more testing for my part
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Nevermore wrote:So.. Someone tried new hurricane skill deeply ? It`s viable on later bosses (120+) ?

it's terrible due to its mechanics. it does good damage even without stacking stamina, but since it channels and anything that hits you breaks the channeling it becomes unusable unless you can amass ungodly amounts of defense, hp or avoid, which you can't do with a caster druid. also channeling takes more time than actual casting. you can farm dunc easily, but fauzt is the most annoying thing ever since necrobots will cut your channeling every second from a screen away, same thing on labs with erinyes. Also, no druid skill provides pmsd, and neither does any druid gear.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Diaco wrote:
Nevermore wrote:So.. Someone tried new hurricane skill deeply ? It`s viable on later bosses (120+) ?

it's terrible due to its mechanics. it does good damage even without stacking stamina, but since it channels and anything that hits you breaks the channeling it becomes unusable unless you can amass ungodly amounts of defense, hp or avoid, which you can't do with a caster druid. also channeling takes more time than actual casting. you can farm dunc easily, but fauzt is the most annoying thing ever since necrobots will cut your channeling every second from a screen away, same thing on labs with erinyes. Also, no druid skill provides pmsd, and neither does any druid gear.

From what I’ve seen here, it seems like it would be great for instances where you get swarmed when entering a level, notably higher labyrinth floors. As long as Harpylisks are not shooting at you.
Diaco
Void Archon
883 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Johnny Impak wrote:
Diaco wrote:

From what I’ve seen here, it seems like it would be great for instances where you get swarmed when entering a level, notably higher labyrinth floors. As long as Harpylisks are not shooting at you.

I guess it could be useful in that very specific situation? But higher labs have necrobots too, and you wouldn't be able to use it situationally because there's literally zero overlap between hurricane druid gear and any other caster druid build. honestly the only way i could see this skill working is if it added a defense bonus while channeling.
Edited by Diaco 3 years.
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Damage seems to be enough to use it when the need arise. Casters have % all spell damage on their gear too. Will test if I ever reach this point using elemental.