Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
I've been following this guide pretty closely, how is it possible to put zero points into vitality and to defeat diablo in hell difficulty? He one shots me even while I have meat shields, makes no difference that my acid fiends are attacking him, he's able to snipe me. My resists are all maxed out so just trying to figure out what i'm missing.
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
jmw_man wrote:I've been following this guide pretty closely, how is it possible to put zero points into vitality and to defeat diablo in hell difficulty? He one shots me even while I have meat shields, makes no difference that my acid fiends are attacking him, he's able to snipe me. My resists are all maxed out so just trying to figure out what i'm missing.

Cast fiends on him, optionally cast elvensong for summoned mobs, cast mythal, spam poison avatar/rain of fire on him. Recast fiends when you see their number starts to go down. Takes 1 minute or less.
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
Bardamu wrote:
jmw_man wrote:I've been following this guide pretty closely, how is it possible to put zero points into vitality and to defeat diablo in hell difficulty? He one shots me even while I have meat shields, makes no difference that my acid fiends are attacking him, he's able to snipe me. My resists are all maxed out so just trying to figure out what i'm missing.

Cast fiends on him, optionally cast elvensong for summoned mobs, cast mythal, spam poison avatar/rain of fire on him. Recast fiends when you see their number starts to go down. Takes 1 minute or less.

That's just it, he kills me with one shot as soon as I see him, essentially killing me as I'm casting fiends on him.
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
jmw_man I didn't have any problems with Diablo in Hell difficulty and i am also a Caster Druid (mainly seer with corruption support). What spells do you have and how do you fight him?
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
Hunting banshee on left click, acid fiend, motw, mythal, and elven song on right click. I tend to hold shift when left clicking so I don't miss and end up running into the mob I'm fighting. I try to avoid having my acid fiends reach zero, but they don't last long with some bosses, seems like they last forever with mephisto for some reason. Anyhow, approach target, get acid fiends on the target, then cast mythal and elven song sometimes, and by the time I'm don't casting those, my acid fiends are sometimes depleted removing the opportunity for me to start attacking. All of these skills are maxed out.
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Do you have maxed Poison Flash? It greatly increases survivability of Acid Fiends. Well my build is different, i am focused on Elemental + Hurricane with Acid Fiends support (maxed Plague Avatar and also i've put some points into Poison Flash). I have mythal at base lvl 1, same to Elvensong.

I found that Hunting Banshee is a bit disappointing, i think this spell needs some great items to be viable and powerful. However even without cool items it should be enough to kill Diablo in Hell difficulty.

What's your char level?
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
TheNewbie wrote:Do you have maxed Poison Flash? It greatly increases survivability of Acid Fiends. Well my build is different, i am focused on Elemental + Hurricane with Acid Fiends support (maxed Plague Avatar and also i've put some points into Poison Flash). I have mythal at base lvl 1, same to Elvensong.

I found that Hunting Banshee is a bit disappointing, i think this spell needs some great items to be viable and powerful. However even without cool items it should be enough to kill Diablo in Hell difficulty.

What's your char level?

I don't, I'll have to take away from somewhere else as I only have 12 points available to spend and I can put 20 points into flash.

My character lvl is 111
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
You should put some into Poison Flash. +15% life per base level, so it's really something. I was killing Diablo at lvl 112 if i remember correctly. Killed his servants in 2 secs with Hurricane and then spammed Elemental on him. He died in like 30-40 seconds without even killing me, but my merc and Acid Fiends kept dying. Maybe try to respec your char and try other spells just vs Diablo? Someone suggested Rain of Fire, well nah. It's trash. I tried to build my char with RoF as boss killer, but Elemental is way better. You just need high cast rate.

Honestly i don't find Elvensong too interesting. Better just to kill mobs :P Mythal is cool as it increases our damage, however i keep it at base lvl 1. Maxing out damage spells is more useful i think. Acid Fiends deal really decent damage with their Poison Flash (ofc if we have maxed Plague Avatar), so they should be able to damage Diablo too. They just need survivability.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
jmw_man wrote:That's just it, he kills me with one shot as soon as I see him, essentially killing me as I'm casting fiends on him.

I'm guessing but I think you may be dying to his opening move which is to cast Flamestrike (the pillar-of-fire-from-the-sky thing). It's a good idea to be moving when Diablo appears since the FS targets where you are standing so it will miss if you're moving.

Fighting Diablo as a caster, I always keep moving whenever I'm not casting, basically about 60-80% of the time.

HTH
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
Captcha wrote:
jmw_man wrote:That's just it, he kills me with one shot as soon as I see him, essentially killing me as I'm casting fiends on him.

I'm guessing but I think you may be dying to his opening move which is to cast Flamestrike (the pillar-of-fire-from-the-sky thing). It's a good idea to be moving when Diablo appears since the FS targets where you are standing so it will miss if you're moving.

Fighting Diablo as a caster, I always keep moving whenever I'm not casting, basically about 60-80% of the time.

HTH

You know, part of the issue is that, he's not even paying attention to the fiends, my fiends aren't even dying to him, he's going after me only.