Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I need a strategy to deal with Astrogha.
Banshees are tricky to manipulate given the darkling spawns are likely to pull a banshee towards them, right into where Astrogha throws his statue balls, and three guesses how that ends. I've already done the following and am struggling:

- 170 pierce, tooltip has 4-5K damage per banshee, 4 banshees.
- no minions to control for him throwing statues on himself
- leaving the area to de-aggro him so I can attack again.

Is there a good cold oskill that can help (single-target high damage, low aoe), or would a different spec be warranted for this fight?
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Hailstorm on amulets. Cast it and the aoe is small. Damage is average since you can’t stack it without Astrogha to teleport, but it is a safe way to dent through.

Only adverse effect for this fight is that it lasts a couple seconds, so make sure to step back if a totem pops under it.
Mizael
Black Reaper
29 | 1
Awesome guide, and nice picture btw :D
greenfever
Dark Huntress
11 | 3
There are no MaeK orbs for the weapon
tbone503
Edyrem
803 | 23
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Not a huge deal but it looks like they dropped the highest you can get from 5 skills down to 4 skills on druid helms with the last reset. Pretty sure they did the same with all classes.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
tbone503 wrote:Not a huge deal but it looks like they dropped the highest you can get from 5 skills down to 4 skills on druid helms with the last reset. Pretty sure they did the same with all classes.

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes

ty for the comment!

we are aware of this. We already found a lot of other Errors/typos/not updated affixes/ in gear lists and will make an update next days... no build breaking errors though...
We are working on other stuff to make the guide an "actual guide" as well :)
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tbone503 wrote:Not a huge deal but it looks like they dropped the highest you can get from 5 skills down to 4 skills on druid helms with the last reset. Pretty sure they did the same with all classes.

greenfever wrote:There are no MaeK orbs for the weapon

Corrections made. Thanks for the feedback. :D

OrphineM wrote:I need a strategy to deal with Astrogha.
Banshees are tricky to manipulate given the darkling spawns are likely to pull a banshee towards them, right into where Astrogha throws his statue balls, and three guesses how that ends. I've already done the following and am struggling:

- 170 pierce, tooltip has 4-5K damage per banshee, 4 banshees.
- no minions to control for him throwing statues on himself
- leaving the area to de-aggro him so I can attack again.

Is there a good cold oskill that can help (single-target high damage, low aoe), or would a different spec be warranted for this fight?

Unfortunately Banshee is not ideal to fight Astro since it's an auto target spell that also deals a small aoe damage, so unless you can outdamage his heal you have to find something else to handle this. As previously suggested, you can use Hailstorm oskill found on amulets (i have a nice one if you need). I've also done Astro with rain of fire, but that took a bit longer because of the fight's mechanics.
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Updated my first post on Page one with some fancy endgame Oskill options as well as the Early Game for an OSO (oskill only "guide")
We will provide a nav link from Main guide to this section.
End1Ga
Cultist
22 | 0
Hello (: Thx for awesome guide. I have a question. Is it possible to farm Duncraig if i have only 2/3 core items for storm build? I have Aerin Nexus and Nor Tiraj Wisdom, but dont have Forest Defender
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
End1Ga wrote:Hello (: Thx for awesome guide. I have a question. Is it possible to farm Duncraig if i have only 2/3 core items for storm build? I have Aerin Nexus and Nor Tiraj Wisdom, but dont have Forest Defender

If you can manage to get 3 Bolts (slvl 50+) you should do fine in Dunc. Simply craft a Circlet with 2-3 all skill and innate Lightning pierce (since Druid skills from Druid Helms won't affect Stormfront slvl ).
Below slvl 50 I recommend staying in Poison Spec and farm k3k and dunc with it until you either gather more items for the cold or storm Spec for mid/andgame.