Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
HurtSmash404
Azure Drake
162 | 0
So tell me, how is either Fire or Cold stronger than Poison Druid?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
HurtSmash404 wrote:So tell me, how is either Fire or Cold stronger than Poison Druid?

Fire And Cold are strong like poison is stronger in early/mid but becomes weak in end game due high poison Length on monsters/bosses
boozek
Son of Lucion
733 | 31
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Orr wrote:
HurtSmash404 wrote:So tell me, how is either Fire or Cold stronger than Poison Druid?

Fire And Cold are strong like poison is stronger in early/mid but becomes weak in end game due high poison Length on monsters/bosses

I agree, stared with Poison then switched to Fire Elemental (5 projectiles) + Rain of Fire on bosses.
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Orr wrote:

Really ? I thougth poison damage was applied every second, so what's the problem with poison lenght ? Because its effect takes at least 1 sec rather than instant ?
Thanks for your help
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
So, 1.4 brings a bunch of interesting buffs and some functional changes:

- Plague Avatar: damage increased by 20%
- Elemental: damage increased by 20%, flame uptime increased by 10%

And one functional change:

Feed the Pack:
Reanimate chance now determined by points spent into Werewolf Form. Previously this was based on hard points in FtP.
Now provides 10% + 1% strength per Base Level

Fire/Poison should be more usable flavors and should make the transition into the midgame and 120 content less bumpy. Passive choice now comes down to FHR from the bear passive vs the new wolf passive, and it's possible that Feed the Pack edges out the bear passive until the very late game when you don't need that strength bonus.

Although the wolf passive synergizes much more with force of nature...
Philby
Azure Drake
161 | 3
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
OrphineM wrote:So, 1.4 brings a bunch of interesting buffs and some functional changes:

Feed the Pack:
Reanimate chance now determined by points spent into Werewolf Form. Previously this was based on hard points in FtP.

Fire/Poison should be more usable flavors and should make the transition into the midgame and 120 content less bumpy. Passive choice now comes down to FHR from the bear passive vs the new wolf passive, and it's possible that Feed the Pack edges out the bear passive until the very late game when you don't need that strength bonus.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

Though I'm still wondering why it's recommended to switch from poison to Ice/Light damage by midgame. Is it because of the casting speed that allows you to stack more damage within a second ? Guys I feel powerfull with my plague avatar and I don't know when I will know it's become lame...
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Philby wrote:
OrphineM wrote:So, 1.4 brings a bunch of interesting buffs and some functional changes:

Feed the Pack:

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

Though I'm still wondering why it's recommended to switch from poison to Ice/Light damage by midgame. Is it because of the casting speed that allows you to stack more damage within a second ? Guys I feel powerfull with my plague avatar and I don't know when I will know it's become lame...

Most of the time you hit a damage brick wall by that point; bosses have nutty poison reduction so it kinda sucks, so you have to swap to another element.

That said pure poison can farm the likes of Teganze/Toraja fine, so if you just wanna set up camp and farm out those areas for the gear swap, you can't go wrong there.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
An update @Bardamu: Feed the pack's strength bonus is currently bugged and doesn't apply for gearing, so it lost that edge and I'd sooner lean towards the bear passive until it's fixed.
hongquan21
Skeleton
2 | 0
i have Absolute Zero, i want to build Glacial nova now, im lv 125
is that ok ?
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
hongquan21 wrote:i have Absolute Zero, i want to build Glacial nova now, im lv 125
is that ok ?

To build around Absolute Zero with Glacial Nova you need a lot of Shrines, jewels, ACs and patience to make it look decent. You can definitely try now but better be prepared for some failure :) you can PM me on discord or here for further stuff...