Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Swagkitten
Invader
9 | 0
I'm running full poison build and I'm doing pretty fine till now. (lvl 127 all 120 ubers done except baal, done toraja too). I'm going with Smax poison flash, 26 points into elvensong, Smax plague avatar, Smax Acid fiends. Only 1 dip into vine and lifeshield, 4 on simb and the rest in feed the pack ( i like the reanimates since the plan is rarelly getting hit, you can change it for CoL for kingdom of shadow and whatnot). mostly TU's and lojban runeword on druid staff. Note that spirit mask TU is a pretty good item for poison build, even if it only gives cold sd, that 40% minion res + 3 to all druid skills + reanimates is great, the 30% cold skill can be usefull if u feel fancy and wanna go hailstorm amulet, i didnt.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Swagkitten wrote:I'm running full poison build and I'm doing pretty fine till now. (lvl 127 all 120 ubers done except baal, done toraja too). I'm going with Smax poison flash, 26 points into elvensong, Smax plague avatar, Smax Acid fiends. Only 1 dip into vine and lifeshield, 4 on simb and the rest in feed the pack ( i like the reanimates since the plan is rarelly getting hit, you can change it for CoL for kingdom of shadow and whatnot). mostly TU's and lojban runeword on druid staff. Note that spirit mask TU is a pretty good item for poison build, even if it only gives cold sd, that 40% minion res + 3 to all druid skills + reanimates is great, the 30% cold skill can be usefull if u feel fancy and wanna go hailstorm amulet, i didnt.

Interesting choices and some good thoughts on the staff and spirit mask. I felt the same about Lifeshield too (100 life per point isn't great value).

How does elvensong work? The skill desc suggests that the life boost only applies to the elvensong minion itself. The Synergies section says "minion life +6% per base level" but that seems to be only the elvensong minion, not all minions since the main skill description shows the elvensong minion's life number going up with each level, it says nothing about minion life in general.

So what I'm not sure of from your post... are you using elvensong as an actual skill and you find it so good that it's worth maxing? Don't you just have to wait for it to wear off before you can kill the monsters you charmed?
Bardamu
Gravedigger
183 | 57
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:So what I'm not sure of from your post... are you using elvensong as an actual skill and you find it so good that it's worth maxing? Don't you just have to wait for it to wear off before you can kill the monsters you charmed?

26 points into Elvensong are required to reach avoid cap bonus from Symbiosis. That said, despite the long cd, the skill is still useful. Think about Dunc teleporting areas when you're fresh 120 for example.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Bardamu wrote:
Captcha wrote:So what I'm not sure of from your post... are you using elvensong as an actual skill and you find it so good that it's worth maxing? Don't you just have to wait for it to wear off before you can kill the monsters you charmed?

26 points into Elvensong are required to reach avoid cap bonus from Symbiosis. That said, despite the long cd, the skill is still useful. Think about Dunc teleporting areas when you're fresh 120 for example.

Ahhhhh I see, thanks. Hadn't got that far yet!
vitorlabes
Imp
4 | 0
Semigloss wrote:Just popping in to say Fire spec does very well leveling. I was able to complete all 115 Ubers using Elemental and RoF, with Fiend support. Currently lvl 118 in pretty much all T4 gear still and damage on Elemental is avg 15k per second, and fyi the flames stack with each cast (not same cast). So I can reach about 60k DPS, and 4 elementals covers most of the screen Infront of me (about a 90degree sweep). Good stuff. Anyways, have a good day y'all.

I'm playing fire too, lvl 121, and it feels great for most content. The biggest problem are the bosses that move a lot, like the tran athulua ones, since they don't stay in the fire, and dodge the elemental projectile (which is a little on the slow side). But other than that, the damage seems better than poison spec with TU's, so far
chuk15
Thunder Beetle
51 | 2
The updated hurricane skill is pure trash, avoid at all costs!! Requires godlike defense but caster druid has crap defense. Awful awful awful!
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
BTW does
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
work in a druid (flamen) staff?
The other staves give 6 sockets but they need 202 dex but a flamen staff T3 only needs a bit of str.
Swagkitten
Invader
9 | 0
Captcha wrote:BTW does
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find
The other staves give 6 sockets but they need 202 dex but a flamen staff T3 only needs a bit of str.

I don't think it works, if you get some charms you won't need to put points into dex tho. btw, when making runewords always put them on T4 or sacred items, as they can roll with maximum socket numbers. t3 flamen staff can only have 3 sockets if i'm not mistaken.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Swagkitten wrote:
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find

I don't think it works, if you get some charms you won't need to put points into dex tho. btw, when making runewords always put them on T4 or sacred items, as they can roll with maximum socket numbers. t3 flamen staff can only have 3 sockets if i'm not mistaken.

Actually the T3 flamen staff does roll with 4 sockets (it surprised me too). It would be a better way to make the rw since druid staff needs str and we have enough of that anyway. If T3 had only 3 sockets, next best option would be T4, since the str requirement isn't that high.

I saw in the docs that T3 could have 4 sockets, so I got a T3 and rerolled it to 4 sockets when I was making Lojban, so you can definitely get 4 skts on a T3 - but that rw specifically requires a druid staff, so it doesn't tell me if it would work with Elverfolk in a druid staff.

I guess I could just make it aand see, I thought it would be a quick question and answer that would save me bothering - wrong again! lol
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:
Swagkitten wrote:
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find

Actually the T3 flamen staff does roll with 4 sockets (it surprised me too). It would be a better way to make the rw since druid staff needs str and we have enough of that anyway. If T3 had only 3 sockets, next best option would be T4, since the str requirement isn't that high.

I saw in the docs that T3 could have 4 sockets, so I got a T3 and rerolled it to 4 sockets when I was making Lojban, so you can definitely get 4 skts on a T3 - but that rw specifically requires a druid staff, so it doesn't tell me if it would work with Elverfolk in a druid staff.

I guess I could just make it aand see, I thought it would be a quick question and answer that would save me bothering - wrong again! lol

Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find
works in any Stave. It is listed under Stave runewords. Same goes with Runewords that are listed under weapons. They work in any Weapon.
What base is best depends on the progression and stat allocation. When making
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find
the first time I usually have very low str unless I went Fire or Cold with TU Flamen Staff.