Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Pagan rites add now + spell ldmg, +laek , this guide definitely needs some minor tweaks
Azrasha
Lava Lord
99 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
OrphineM wrote:
Ventrell wrote:Hi, I´m a newbie with Dudus, so I have a couple of questions:
Due the recent 1.7 patch, what skill progession do you recommend? (like, from level 1 to 120 max X abilities)
Thanks in advance.

Max Pagan Rites from the fire/cold tree, max infected roots, 20 points barkskin (for full synergy), 1 point mythal, a few points in vine companion, rest into Harvesters/Harvest for big tanky meatshields. Once you get access to Symbiosis you'll want 4 points there and 26 points in Elvensong to get a cool 20 avoid.

As for early start: Put a point in Ember Spirit then Poison Flash. Use Ember Spirit and kill stuff. Once you hit level 13 and you find a nef rune or higher, you can cube runes by themself to lower them to the next lowest rune. Pay Akara a visit and look for a gray staff, ideally with one socket. Put jewels (not gems!) in until there's one socket left, then put Nef in for a really useful runeword with free teleport.

Looks like you've taken over this guide lol.. have a question

Should I still transition to a cold or lightning build for end game, or is poison considered superior now? Seems like the poison line got buffed a bit, and seems pretty powerful (haven't gotten to ubers yet, around level 95 right now and trampling everything i come across. NM diablo was a breeze and only took 5 seconds to kill with TU gear).

Also, if we are to transition to cold or lightning, what would be the genera setup/skills? Same as original post or has that changed?

Edit: Just hit level 100 and was going to switch from
Dubhdroiacht
to
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
but I lost 1.8k max damage with Infected Roots and only gain 10% pierce (this is in a sacred flamen staff with a +8 skills/28% pierce roll and 3x 2% psn damage jewels). Is it worth sacrificing that much damage for only a 10% increase in pierce? Currently have 53% pierce with Dubhdroiacht.
Ruubel
Onyx Knight
636 | 12
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Do not worry about a pierce at this stage. Resistances, damage.
caindarkk
Prowler
17 | 0
I would also be interested how (if at all) banshee build does compared to poison, how would you adjust skills for it, for 1.8?
I'm thinking:
max banshee, barkskin, rites, symbiosis,
20 pts harvesters
24/26 elvensong
1 pt mythal (would max last if possible)
1 pt SI
would be very thankful for any input!
Azrasha
Lava Lord
99 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
caindarkk wrote:I would also be interested how (if at all) banshee build does compared to poison, how would you adjust skills for it, for 1.8?
I'm thinking:
max banshee, barkskin, rites, symbiosis,
20 pts harvesters
24/26 elvensong
1 pt mythal (would max last if possible)
1 pt SI
would be very thankful for any input!

Personally, poison seems pretty good - I don't think I'll be switching (if at all) until at least 120-125

I'm currently 115 now and all ubers have been pretty easy. Haven't done all 115's yet but all 105-110 were a breeze. 115's are relatively easy as well. I've since switched to using Elverfolk staff + crafted helm, gloves, boots with a huge boost in pierce (still using Queen of Glass - all armors are too expensive for me currently). Lost a bit of damage like I said in my last post - but I've noticed my kill speed is a lot faster now in hell mode than it was before (possibly due to hitting 174fcr breakpoint that I was missing before as well).

I think the banshee build needs a lot of testing before switching at this point.. but it'd definitely be nice to know!
caindarkk
Prowler
17 | 0
ok so I jumped the gun and just switched.... it's not bad, considering what I have to work with, looking forward to that last +1 projectile at 26 banshee

https://tsw.vn.cz/char/Nyarlaforce
gigasbot
Prowler
16 | 0
I don't know about poison or ice builds but right now i am running fire, ember spirit build and is doing pretty fine, duncraig is a joke to farm,teganze is fine too... using mostly runewords till i get my hands on
The Searing Heat
The Searing Heat
Flamen Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 48 to 51
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 240
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.06 per Strength)%
Hunting Banshee Nullified
+3 Ember Spirit Projectiles
+(9 to 10) to Druid Skill Levels
+150 Spell Focus
25% Cast Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(25 to 40)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(20 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
15% to Energy
Physical Resist 5%
5% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (4)
and
Phoenix Beak
Phoenix Beak
Falcon Mask (Sacred)

Defense: 996 to 1101
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 500
Item Level: 105
Ember Spirit: +10% Total Damage
+(2 to 3) to Druid Skill Levels
20% Combat Speeds
+(20 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-(10 to 15)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Maximum Lightning Resist +(2 to 3)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (4)
, right now i have 150 fire pierce, and 15k life with maxed resists, the only issue is fauztinville
schardti13
Imp
5 | 1
Hi,
I think I'm joining the discussion now. :)
I'm having a lot of fun the early levels with this build. Getting used to the new skill names was rough as a new player, but I'm almost there.
Just a quick question: How do I get access to the werebear/werewolf skills? I'm not able to get any of those, although I'm high enough level and have spare points. Image
Thanks for the guide!
nondatur
Prowler
15 | 1
schardti13 wrote:Just a quick question: How do I get access to the werebear/werewolf skills? I'm not able to get any of those, although I'm high enough level and have spare points. Image

If you read the text of the level one skill you selected as caster/werewolf/werebear/hunter you should see:
"All other devotion skills will be locked if you select this skill."
Which means you can player caster, wolf or werebear but not both at the same time.
schardti13
Imp
5 | 1
Yikes...good to know, thanks. Meaning I have to start with this and then spec into the nature tree?