Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Hrishi
Bone Archer
77 | 21
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Very nice guide, I enjoyed reading it very much. I am curious, what do you think about the possibility of an endgame pure poison spec'd caster druid? Would it be possible? How far could it go?
Orr
Monkey King
285 | 7
Hrishi wrote:Very nice guide, I enjoyed reading it very much. I am curious, what do you think about the possibility of an endgame pure poison spec'd caster druid? Would it be possible? How far could it go?

125 u can do alot of then belial is viable but will be hard due teleport/fast move.
End1Ga
Cultist
22 | 0
mortimer_85 wrote:
End1Ga wrote:Hello (: Thx for awesome guide. I have a question. Is it possible to farm Duncraig if i have only 2/3 core items for storm build? I have Aerin Nexus and Nor Tiraj Wisdom, but dont have Forest Defender

If you can manage to get 3 Bolts (slvl 50+) you should do fine in Dunc. Simply craft a Circlet with 2-3 all skill and innate Lightning pierce (since Druid skills from Druid Helms won't affect Stormfront slvl ).
Below slvl 50 I recommend staying in Poison Spec and farm k3k and dunc with it until you either gather more items for the cold or storm Spec for mid/andgame.

thx a lot for anwer
CircaG
Balrog
131 | 4
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Love this guide and build so far. This is the furthest I've been on any char. I have a question on getting the set.

I am currently level 124. I have been farming Kurast 3000 for the set as I'm pretty sure it has the highest drop rate for sets? I currently have only found the weapon of the Lone Wolf set. When I started farming Kurast, I would receive about 7-8 sets per run. Now, for some reason, the last 3 runs have only yielded 1 set (RNG RIP). Is there any easier way to find the last 3 pieces, or am I stuck in Kurast until I get the full set to switch to cold?

Thanks
mortimer_85
Djinn
520 | 230
Common Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
CircaG wrote:Love this guide and build so far. This is the furthest I've been on any char. I have a question on getting the set.

I am currently level 124. I have been farming Kurast 3000 for the set as I'm pretty sure it has the highest drop rate for sets? I currently have only found the weapon of the Lone Wolf set. When I started farming Kurast, I would receive about 7-8 sets per run. Now, for some reason, the last 3 runs have only yielded 1 set (RNG RIP). Is there any easier way to find the last 3 pieces, or am I stuck in Kurast until I get the full set to switch to cold?

Thanks

Bases of
Lone Wolf's Path
Lone Wolf's Path
(Druid Seer Set)

Lone Wolf's Claws
Lone Wolf's Fur
Lone Wolf's Maul
Lone Wolf's Track

Set Bonus with 2 or more set items:
+150 Spell Focus
+14 to Firedance

Set Bonus with 3 or more set items:
+50% to Poison Spell Damage
Poison Resist +50%

Set Bonus with complete set:
+1 Hunting Banshee/Ember Spirit Projectile
+6 to Druid Skill Levels
-30% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-30% to Enemy Cold Resistance
+19 to Nova Charge
+400 to Life

are overall more common. So k3k is a good spot for farming them. You will get quite some Shrines there too, so there are several options.

- Progress with Poison Build (Eerie/Shimmering crafted items) and do some of the 120s, if not done already. (Triune, Duncraig, Athulua, Kingdom of Shadow , un uped Judgement Day Charm and Quov Tsin (Gear check)).

- get to clvl 126 or do Athulua to reach baselvl 26 on Hunting Banshee (3rd projectile) and respec to Cold without the Set. WIth some nice crafts (Sacred/Eerie preffered ) and TUs you should do fine in Dunc and should also be able to do the 120s Ubers.

- you are lucky and can Gather the Stormfront core items before you get plenty of Shrines / or the Set (very unlikely) -> respec to Stormfront spec

Reagrdless of what path you may choose, you should be able to run better farming places like Dunc (SUs), Teganze (Essences, Runestones), Triune (Cycles) to further improve your gear.

We want to include a crafting section and a small Uber section in the future.
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Question on moving from
Dubhdroiacht
to
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
Runeword Level: 83
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
-(27 to 33)% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
Maximum Life and Mana +5%
Elemental Resists +(35 to 45)%
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Defense
10% Magic Find
. My sheet DPS goes down significantly with Elverfolk even with all Zod jewels with at least 1% PSD. The damage seems to be about the same overall regardless due to the pierce I think. Is that sheet damage loss normal?

Also for runes. I am currently 116 and can farm K3K quite easily with the early game gear. I currently fill my armor with Sol runes but at what point is it better to use No runes for the -pzn res. With Vine I have 450%+ PSD.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Waffle1209 wrote:Question on moving from
Dubhdroiacht
to
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find
. My sheet DPS goes down significantly with Elverfolk even with all Zod jewels with at least 1% PSD. The damage seems to be about the same overall regardless due to the pierce I think. Is that sheet damage loss normal?

Also for runes. I am currently 116 and can farm K3K quite easily with the early game gear. I currently fill my armor with Sol runes but at what point is it better to use No runes for the -pzn res. With Vine I have 450%+ PSD.

sheet damage is inaccurate because of poison spell duration, go for the pierce on new elverfolk --> more damage in shorter time
Waffle1209
Sasquatch
62 | 2
Crash wrote:
Dubhdroiacht
to
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find

sheet damage is inaccurate because of poison spell duration, go for the pierce on new elverfolk --> more damage in shorter time

Ya, I have been using Elverfolk, was curious about using No rune over Sol for more -ele res as early game gear seems to lack it aside from Elverfolk.
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Waffle1209 wrote:
Crash wrote:
Dubhdroiacht
to
Elverfolk

Elverfolk
Staves

'ChamIstVex'
+(7 to 8) to All Skills
+(60 to 80) Spell Focus
35% Cast Speed
+750 Defense vs. Missile
(21 to 30)% to Energy
10% Magic Find

Ya, I have been using Elverfolk, was curious about using No rune over Sol for more -ele res as early game gear seems to lack it aside from Elverfolk.

Yeah, just focus on getting No runes in the rest of your gear. The loss of MO space early on in hell sucks. But you desperately need pierce going into hell.
hoerdy
Skeleton
3 | 0
Anyone else following the midgame Ice budget build? I changed to it yesterday and since then I am struggling really hard. Less damage, less range. Might just return back to poison and try to farm lone wolf set
140 cold pierce, 350 cold damage, 2,7k-3,5k banshee damage, what am I doing wrong?