Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Jampula
Horadric Mage
1052 | 36
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
masochista wrote:i'm playing this build SSF, killed athulua, now farming sigs. Damage with HB is great, but I'm wondering if going with faerie fire wouldn't be better for survivability at this point? Does strength factor give that much spell damage at this point?

Faerie Fire absolutely. That avoid is just too good to miss for a very minor dmg boost.
OverSky
Jungle Hunter
29 | 0
For storm version, is it theoretical possible for us to reach 5 beams (Stormclash lvl 100)? Or 4 beams is the max already?
User avatar
Bardamu
Azure Drake
166 | 47
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
OverSky wrote:For storm version, is it theoretical possible for us to reach 5 beams (Stormclash lvl 100)? Or 4 beams is the max already?

It is theoretically possible, but even considering all max rolls on core items it would require an insane amount of luck and/or tg in order to get different
Atomus
Atomus
Jewel

Item Level: 120
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
+1 to All Skills
+25 to all Attributes
+1% to Experience Gained
to socket and reach that level.
Easiest way if you wanna try is being in the same game with a Sorceress who has maxed Familiar skill and standing near her to get her +skills aura (credits to Morty for the strat).
Mr_Ali
Stone Warrior
34 | 1
Has anyone tried to make a build around this item?
Eye of the Storm
Eye of the Storm
Viper Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 77 to 83
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 660
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.26 per Strength)%
+2 Projectiles to Mind Flay
Level 20 Eagle Stance
75% Cast Speed
75% Hit Recovery
+75% to Lightning Spell Damage
-50% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(45 to 60) to Mind Flay
Maximum Lightning Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
. Looked it up and it seems to go cheap so could be a good alternative to stormclash?
User avatar
Bardamu
Azure Drake
166 | 47
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Mr_Ali wrote:Has anyone tried to make a build around this item?
Eye of the Storm
Eye of the Storm
Viper Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 77 to 83
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 660
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.26 per Strength)%
+2 Projectiles to Mind Flay
Level 20 Eagle Stance
75% Cast Speed
75% Hit Recovery
+75% to Lightning Spell Damage
-50% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(45 to 60) to Mind Flay
Maximum Lightning Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
. Looked it up and it seems to go cheap so could be a good alternative to stormclash?

Unfortunately Mindflay number of projectiles scale with base points put into Slayer from the unholy tree (1 every 9 points), and that coupled with the fact that max cast rate speed with bow is 8 fpa would lend to a massive loss of damage and efficiency if compared to Stormclash setup. On top of that, we wouldn't really need Eagle Stance either since Fiends synergy with Symbiosis, our passive of choice and eventually Mana Sweep on switch already provide great sustain for our life and mana.
Mr_Ali
Stone Warrior
34 | 1
Bardamu wrote:
Mr_Ali wrote:Has anyone tried to make a build around this item?
Eye of the Storm
Eye of the Storm
Viper Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 77 to 83
(Druid Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 660
Item Level: 120
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.26 per Strength)%
+2 Projectiles to Mind Flay
Level 20 Eagle Stance
75% Cast Speed
75% Hit Recovery
+75% to Lightning Spell Damage
-50% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(45 to 60) to Mind Flay
Maximum Lightning Resist +10%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (6)
. Looked it up and it seems to go cheap so could be a good alternative to stormclash?

Unfortunately Mindflay number of projectiles scale with base points put into Slayer from the unholy tree (1 every 9 points), and that coupled with the fact that max cast rate speed with bow is 8 fpa would lend to a massive loss of damage and efficiency if compared to Stormclash setup. On top of that, we wouldn't really need Eagle Stance either since Fiends synergy with Symbiosis, our passive of choice and eventually Mana Sweep on switch already provide great sustain for our life and mana.


The item gives 2 extra beams to 3 total but the cast rate is a problem I didnt know about which is a shame. It could be a lot easier to get one item rather then 3
User avatar
Immaniz
Imp
5 | 0
Great guide, realy enjoying my first median season following your instructions!
currently doing the last 125 ubers and looking forward to try the 130 ones!
From the storm endgame list im only missing spiritwalkers now, so i´m about to finish my engame gear, which leads me to some questions:
- Arent we using UMOS because the regular ones provide better use for us or is it a budget thing?
- What bonus would you suggest for the sleep charm? spelldmg, -resist or +1sk (pls dont tell me i have to grind astrogha!!! -.- killing him with lvl37 thunderstone from basilisk hide was quite some pain..)?
- are there realy no better alternatives for spirit walkers? its expensive and we have no benefit from the 30% phys/magic dmg. Are we sure it is better than good crafted ones because of +2sk instead of ene and lightningdmg? we are losing quite some basearmor with them as well, which is kinda huge due to the insane passive bonus from lifeshield.
mortimer_85
Core Lord
372 | 139
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Immaniz wrote:...
- Arent we using UMOS because the regular ones provide better use for us or is it a budget thing?
...


It is more kind of a budget thing. UMOs that are of se for that build are especially:
Auriel's Focus
Auriel's Focus
Mystic Orb

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Armor to Add Bonus
+2% Bonus to Energy Factor
+25% Enhanced Defense
+15 to Energy
Poison Length Reduced by 5%
+10 Required Level
When you go Faerie Fire Uber skill this beauty helps a lot getting the Synergy cap
Lodestone
Lodestone
Mystic Orb

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Armor to Add Bonus
+5% to Spell Damage
Requirements +10%
+10 Required Level
this provides more spell damage and can be used if you go FoN Uber and put more points into str anyway
with more str the re comes less mana and this leads us to the third UMO
The Moon Crystal
The Moon Crystal
Mystic Orb

Cube Reagent
Cube with Any Armor to Add Bonus
10% Cast Speed
Cold Resist 15%
Lightning Resist 15%
Regenerate Mana +10%
+10 Required Level
It provides Mana regen and cast rate that open some space on the socketables for reaching cast rate and res caps and together with
Spirit Walker
Spirit Walker
Heavy Boots (Sacred)

Defense: 696 to 737
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 492
Item Level: 120
+1% Physical Resist per 18% Mana Regeneration
+(50 to 100) Energy Factor to Spell Damage
+2 to All Skills
(0 to 40)% Movement Speed
Jitan's Gate Cooldown Reduced by 1 seconds
-15% to Enemy Elemental Resistances
+35% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
Socketed (4)
it can even boost your PR%

Immaniz wrote:...
- What bonus would you suggest for the sleep charm? spelldmg, -resist or +1sk (pls dont tell me i have to grind astrogha!!!
...


Either CoV Sleep to boost your Synergy or Qvov Tsin Sleep when using Bloodlust from
Shamanka
Shamanka
Long Staff (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: 56 to 58
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 203
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.1 per Dexterity)%
+(3 to 6) to Sorceress Skill Levels
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Cold Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Poison Spell Damage
+(6 to 16) to Bloodlust
Maximum Life (31 to 40)%
Lightning Resist +(50 to 70)%
Fire Resist +(50 to 70)%
Socketed (4)

for extra 20% Spell damage.
If you wanna do Labs probably Laz sleep is best. The max res and % max life is a huge defensive boost and 50% cast rate means less needed on gear.

Immaniz wrote:...
- are there realy no better alternatives for spirit walkers? its expensive and we have no benefit from the 30% phys/magic dmg.
...


There are even better options. Especially when yo are capped on pierce already. A gg Ornate or Eerie craft can boost your Sd or Synergy more than those rare boots.
Also an endgame option is a Honorific blessed UMO project. But pay attention to the 7 extra req lvl per UMO when crafting one.
User avatar
Immaniz
Imp
5 | 0
thanks for the fast response!
was thinking about using auriels do get the max 200%edef on unique armors instead of the normal orbs as well.

So you would say that eerie/ornate boots > spirit walker?
I assume with lvl 140+, where u can get more manareg on rings/amu (since i go for 10%lightning first) u can get about 60% manareg (without the 30% from megalith im currently using), which is 3-4% phys res with spirit walker. Since i like the idea of getting laz sleep and therefore having enough fcr even without jewels/runes, moon crystals for manareq seem kinda weak. So i wont push manareq beyond the ~60%. I play with ON runes in Weapon or even some other items, which realy helps with survivability and negates manaproblems as well (since increased manapool = manareg) So the questions are:
- is 2sk more dps then the % lightningdmg + energy from crafted boots?
- is 3% physres more ehp (deffensiv value) then the ~2k more defense on max def crafted greaves?


Dont want to annoy you with my questions, but im trying to understand this beautifull mod! I find it very hard to evaluate +sk as a dps factor compared to things like %eledmg. Also as a new player, TG is very hard farmed atm, so i wanna know exactly what i should aim for BISgear-Setup before spending it :D
mortimer_85
Core Lord
372 | 139
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Immaniz wrote: ...
- is 2sk more dps then the % lightningdmg + energy from crafted boots?
...
-


it depends where you at. Every Spell has from slvl 29 upwards a constant min/max damage gain per slvl. At slvl 80 of Stormclash this flat value is approx 1.1% Total damage increase per slvl. If your Synergy is low (around 300%) or your total lightning Spell damage is low you can get much more total damage increase off an good Ornate or Eerie craft. If yo still need pierce good rolled Spirit Walkers are hard to beat by crafts.
For a better understanding how the damage of a spell is calculated you can also read this

Immaniz wrote:...
- is 3% physres more ehp (deffensiv value) then the ~2k more defense on max def crafted greaves?
...


this totally depends on the purpose and the stuff you want to do with this char. If farming fauzt and doing regular bosses up to Uldy is enough you can settle with the 25-30 PR from standard Endgame gear(TA trophy included) and will most likely never get into hit recovery.
To not get into that animation is much more useful than getting hit slightly less so PR + higher HP is imo better than higher defense.

If you want to go into Labs you either overcap your PR (cause it can be reduced by curses in there) and gear for max res and learn dodging cause the stuff in there hurts.
So in Labs you need more defensive layers to survive. High max res, high defense, high PR. Everything is valuable in there.