Caster Druid

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
You know, part of the issue is that, he's not even paying attention to the fiends, my fiends aren't even dying to him, he's going after me only.

That's odd. He should keep standing in the middle where he spawned and start fighting your minions before he's about to go after you. Ofc if you kill his servants fast enough. At least that's what happened when i fought him.

I think key point is to kill his servants as quick as possible. Too bad you dont have Hurricane. It's truly great spell, especially vs hordes of mobs. It's quite bad vs bosses, but perfect as crowd control spell. I don't know how it was before, but i read 1.6 changelog and seems like they remade it. All i can say is that Hurricane is worth of consideration.

Ofc now i am much stronger than i was before when i killed him for the first time, but i was curious how i will deal with him now. Well, same like i did before, just now it took 9 seconds instead of 30. Haven't even used MofW. He just stands and attacks my minions.

Recorded short vid: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TX9beG ... sp=sharing
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
TheNewbie wrote:You know, part of the issue is that, he's not even paying attention to the fiends, my fiends aren't even dying to him, he's going after me only.

That's odd. He should keep standing in the middle where he spawned and start fighting your minions before he's about to go after you. Ofc if you kill his servants fast enough. At least that's what happened when i fought him.

I think key point is to kill his servants as quick as possible. Too bad you dont have Hurricane. It's truly great spell, especially vs hordes of mobs. It's quite bad vs bosses, but perfect as crowd control spell. I don't know how it was before, but i read 1.6 changelog and seems like they remade it. All i can say is that Hurricane is worth of consideration.

Ofc now i am much stronger than i was before when i killed him for the first time, but i was curious how i will deal with him now. Well, same like i did before, just now it took 9 seconds instead of 30. Haven't even used MofW. He just stands and attacks my minions.

Recorded short vid: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TX9beG ... sp=sharing



I have difficulty with Ghom as well, those arrows from the tower hurt me pretty bad, 1 arrow takes 25% of my life, how much defense and life do you have?
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
My life and defense currently is 6491 and 43,212, respectively. I noticed when you were fighting Diablo, it looked like he was frozen. Maybe that's the other part of my issue.
jmw_man
Invader
8 | 0
Oh nevermind, i see that your life is almost 12k, were you able to get that without putting points into vitality?
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
Now i have 86k defense and almost 12k HP. Yeah he's always a pain, as you could see in the video he's even more dangerous than Diablo to me :D

I think you should respec your char to different build and after killing Diablo just return to what you have now. Someone told me there's offline tool that allows you to respec the char without using Belladonas or Akara's reward, ofc if you're playing SP.

About life, i have 12k from Laser Focus Crystal and Sunstone of the Gods as well as items. If i unwear charms and items my HP drops to 7200. And yes, i didn't put a single point into vitality.

Ah and btw, Diablo was frozen from Gehenna - my merc Brandistock RW. It has 20% chance to cast 32 lvl Frozen Crown on melee attack. I don't think it's a reason, because when i was killing Diablo in Hell for the first time, my merc got different RW without chilling stuff.

Image
Swagkitten
Invader
9 | 0
TheNewbie wrote:Now i have 86k defense and almost 12k HP. Yeah he's always a pain, as you could see in the video he's even more dangerous than Diablo to me :D

I think you should respec your char to different build and after killing Diablo just return to what you have now. Someone told me there's offline tool that allows you to respec the char without using Belladonas or Akara's reward, ofc if you're playing SP.

About life, i have 12k from Laser Focus Crystal and Sunstone of the Gods as well as items. If i unwear charms and items my HP drops to 7200. And yes, i didn't put a single point into vitality.

Ah and btw, Diablo was frozen from Gehenna - my merc Brandistock RW. It has 20% chance to cast 32 lvl Frozen Crown on melee attack. I don't think it's a reason, because when i was killing Diablo in Hell for the first time, my merc got different RW without chilling stuff.

Image




first, as it was already said, just cast your acid fiends on his face and blast him with whatever spell. your acid fiends dont have to live that long as you can just recast them. you are probably dying to his snipe flamestrike, to counter that, just keep moving, cast once or twice, move again, never stop moving, i'm sure it's a matter of skill and not a bad build. (it seems your build isn't that great tho)

second, hunting banshee is not a good boss killer, it should be on the slow side if you are using that spell, try to find an amulet with +X to hailstorm, it will make boss killing much easier. if you still wanna use banshee, it is surelly possible, gonna be pretty slow tho.

third, median is a mod where you die a lot, it's common for casters to be dying to stuff like fortress (ghom's towers). it is possible to make yourself tankier with better items or build, but in the end of the day, what really matters is skill, how you move, where you stand, etc.

Keep trying, this game has its flaws, but i've been playing for years. i'd play this over d3 anyday.
TheNewbie
Thunder Beetle
54 | 1
i'd play this over d3 anyday.

I am playing D2 since 16 years. Mostly played vanilla, but i've also tried a lot of mods and MXL Sigma is definitely one of the best, or even the best. Too bad i found it just 6 months ago. Should play it earlier. Btw i've played D3, finished twice with 2 different chars, farmed some stuff and got bored... then moved back to D2. D3 is decent but miles behind D2.
User avatar
adamo68
Abomination
147 | 55
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is anyone playing Poison Druid at level 130+? I feel like I have hit a wall and I am curious what skills, items, stat priorities, etc yall are using to find success.

Thank you for your time.
OrphineM
Balrog
135 | 8
adamo68 wrote:Is anyone playing Poison Druid at level 130+? I feel like I have hit a wall and I am curious what skills, items, stat priorities, etc yall are using to find success.

Thank you for your time.


https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=cannabiscorvid

This is my loadout, pretty much does all ubers except like witch (just get some vit gear)
Swagkitten
Invader
9 | 0
how did you manage to kill astrogha and baal as poison?