play something else

Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
DraX wrote:They also give PR, so less point in blessed life :) So why they're not that great? What is better in crafted boots?

Arguably too many optional or straight up useless modifiers, while the actually useful modifiers can probably be found elsewhere and in bigger quantities.

1) The phys resist is nice but optional.
2) Jitan cooldown reduction is useless.
3) Phys/magic damage is pretty much useless for Mind Flay builds.

Only redeeming qualities are +2sk, the pierce and the spell focus but you can probably get ornate or eerie crafts with better spell focus and with actual spell damage + lack of MO space compared to a craft. The +2sk doesn't compensate enough compared to a ornate craft with innate lightning damage, so it's somewhat easy to get something that is at least as good as Spirit Walkers. It's not that it's a bad item, just not desirable enough to go out of you way to acquire, considering they probably are pretty damn expensive, might even be the most expensive item for the boots slot. You could probably spend half of the tg on just shrines and you would have a competitive choice, compared to Spirit Walker.
Natasha_94
Imp
5 | 0
New player here, so i didn't get nef at council, what's the best place to farm it at in a1 ? or act 2 which is where i'm at right now.
koffi
Sasquatch
60 | 0
Natasha_94 wrote:New player here, so i didn't get nef at council, what's the best place to farm it at in a1 ? or act 2 which is where i'm at right now.

You can downgrade rune by cubing it, so if you got anything above nef you're golden. For upgrading you need 2x same runes in mxl.
More information about cube recipes can be found from documents https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube
Natasha_94
Imp
5 | 0
koffi wrote:
Natasha_94 wrote:New player here, so i didn't get nef at council, what's the best place to farm it at in a1 ? or act 2 which is where i'm at right now.

You can downgrade rune by cubing it, so if you got anything above nef you're golden. For upgrading you need 2x same runes in mxl.
More information about cube recipes can be found from documents https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/cube

Thanks!
Deckard_Lame
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Thanks for the build, this is so much stronger and beginner friendly than the SSF Bowazon I chose for my first character!
Deckard_Lame
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Just died for the first time and the character was level 72. I only died because I was being sloppy and started to feel invincible, lol...
Johnny Impak
Daystar
658 | 23
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
SSF is very noob friendly except on one aspect; It is a zero defense character. Sooner or later you will learn which mobs deal ranged attacks with defense check.

Manglers are a good example
Deckard_Lame
Acid Prince
48 | 1
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Johnny Impak wrote:SSF is very noob friendly except on one aspect; It is a zero defense character. Sooner or later you will learn which mobs deal ranged attacks with defense check.

I'm dying occasionally now, but I have not hit that wall yet. This is the only the 3rd character I've leveled with in this game, but I find the Warlock Paladin to be far more fun and stronger in general than a Bowazon or fire/cold sorc. I understand the game gets much tougher past level 120, but I play aggressive and have only died 16 times at lvl 110. Thanks for putting in so much work on this build, I really appreciate it!
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Which merc type would be most useful in Uber dungeons/rifts?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Deckard_Lame wrote:
Johnny Impak wrote:SSF is very noob friendly except on one aspect; It is a zero defense character. Sooner or later you will learn which mobs deal ranged attacks with defense check.

I'm dying occasionally now, but I have not hit that wall yet. This is the only the 3rd character I've leveled with in this game, but I find the Warlock Paladin to be far more fun and stronger in general than a Bowazon or fire/cold sorc. I understand the game gets much tougher past level 120, but I play aggressive and have only died 16 times at lvl 110. Thanks for putting in so much work on this build, I really appreciate it!

It's not that UHC is weak but Mind Flay is outperformed in the lategame by several oskills, so many people treat UHC as a good way to build oskill builds rather than to play Mind Flay. Mind Flay got a small damage buff but it still feels weak compared to oskills and maybe some of the stronger caster builds of other classes. That said, you can still do all of the ordinary content (lvl 130 content and below) with Mind Flay and small to medium gear investments.