play something else

patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
I managed to find a wizardspike for trinity beam. How does trinitydin compare to standard unholy caster paladin? Similar or stronger?
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
patrick_pkl wrote:I managed to find a wizardspike for trinity beam. How does trinitydin compare to standard unholy caster paladin? Similar or stronger?

Been stronger for several patches in a row.
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
Cheno wrote:
patrick_pkl wrote:I managed to find a wizardspike for trinity beam. How does trinitydin compare to standard unholy caster paladin? Similar or stronger?

For rifts and some ubers sure but for regular farm dunc/fauzt there are better builds for fast farming.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Myxir wrote:
Cheno wrote:

For rifts and some ubers sure but for regular farm dunc/fauzt there are better builds for fast farming.

The question was in relation to Mind Flay, not compared to other builds.
Myxir
Cog
225 | 13
Cheno wrote:
Myxir wrote:
Cheno wrote:

The question was in relation to Mind Flay, not compared to other builds.

Still. I have endgame mindflayer and almost all mobs die by hitting one-two mindflay, farming is pretty fast. And since mindflay is a little more aoe skill than trinity so i think it's even better for farming.
Edited by Myxir 3 years.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
NotCube wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Almost 125 now, did everything except Quov Tsin, somehow he doesn't want to die, even with max 80 res and 135 Phys DR..
Managed to get gear -ele res to above 100. But still having a hard time with Quov and Teganze. Everything else is pretty much a walk in the park.

QT dies quite fast so I assume your issue is with staying alive rather than killing him? With those resists you can run across the beam and live with Vindicate + Tainted Blood + drinking a potion. Other than that its just a matter of dodging a little. Or you can put Slayers near him and walk around. This method is slower but safer.
For teganze, just keep 10+ Scourge up at all times and teleport around with them rather than walking on your own. Should have enough dmg to clear packs with either MF or Slayer if you had no trouble with anything else.

Eventually I managed to kill him with higher PDR. However, I am having serious issues with finding upgrades to the gear. I'm now hitting the dmg ceiling possible with the gear I have. Lvl 126, Bremmtown was a joke, Kabraxis didn't want to die yet, I hope to do him soon but it's slow. My luck with crafting has been pretty bad and I already have pretty good equipment now so I don't know where to upgrade. My hopes are now to find a Dead Lake Lady or Black Sun Spear to improve some gear.
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Muilpeer wrote:Eventually I managed to kill him with higher PDR. However, I am having serious issues with finding upgrades to the gear. I'm now hitting the dmg ceiling possible with the gear I have. Lvl 126, Bremmtown was a joke, Kabraxis didn't want to die yet, I hope to do him soon but it's slow. My luck with crafting has been pretty bad and I already have pretty good equipment now so I don't know where to upgrade. My hopes are now to find a Dead Lake Lady or Black Sun Spear to improve some gear.

Unfortunately this is where many casters hit a steel wall where you need good gear to progress (be it crafts or SU/SSUs). Some casters have powerful, reworked midgame sets that carry them all the way to endgame such as light and cold sorc. We don't have that luxury. There are no Xis runewords that we can use, and honorifics don't do the job so we're at the mercy of randomness. IMO, the crafting system needs improvement but until that changes, everybody's experience with the build beyond 130 will be vastly different.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
NotCube wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Eventually I managed to kill him with higher PDR. However, I am having serious issues with finding upgrades to the gear. I'm now hitting the dmg ceiling possible with the gear I have. Lvl 126, Bremmtown was a joke, Kabraxis didn't want to die yet, I hope to do him soon but it's slow. My luck with crafting has been pretty bad and I already have pretty good equipment now so I don't know where to upgrade. My hopes are now to find a Dead Lake Lady or Black Sun Spear to improve some gear.

Unfortunately this is where many casters hit a steel wall where you need good gear to progress (be it crafts or SU/SSUs). Some casters have powerful, reworked midgame sets that carry them all the way to endgame such as light and cold sorc. We don't have that luxury. There are no Xis runewords that we can use, and honorifics don't do the job so we're at the mercy of randomness. IMO, the crafting system needs improvement but until that changes, everybody's experience with the build beyond 130 will be vastly different.

I managed to find a
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (101 - 118) to (105 - 124)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 488
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
4% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Death Blow
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
+(20 to 40)% to Spell Damage
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
and the oil worked, so it carried me pretty far, it even worked better than
Dead Lake's Lady
Dead Lake's Lady
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 40
Required Dexterity: 449
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+4 to Amazon Skill Levels
+4 to Paladin Skill Levels
+200 Spell Focus
50% Block Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
(21 to 25)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +25%
Socketed (3)
on bosses due to more socket space for pierce. I wasn't pierce capped and ran with Rapture, so it worked out pretty great but that is obviously RNG. I honestly don't know what else to run instead, maybe go for 2-piece set bonus until you have some crafts to take over?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:
NotCube wrote:

I managed to find a
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

Amazing Grace
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
Dead Lake's Lady
Dead Lake's Lady
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

+200 Spell Focus
50% Block Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
(21 to 25)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +25%
Socketed (3)
on bosses due to more socket space for pierce. I wasn't pierce capped and ran with Rapture, so it worked out pretty great but that is obviously RNG. I honestly don't know what else to run instead, maybe go for 2-piece set bonus until you have some crafts to take over?

Oh, so Aeterna is good as well? I found one as well :)
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Cheno wrote:
NotCube wrote:

I managed to find a
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

Amazing Grace
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
Dead Lake's Lady
Dead Lake's Lady
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

+200 Spell Focus
50% Block Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
(21 to 25)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +25%
Socketed (3)

Oh, so Aeterna is good as well? I found one as well :)

Well it's probably better than many of your alternatives. The set weapon is only really worth it if your gear is in such a bad state that the set bonus can make up for the poor stats. I did Uldyssian with
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

Amazing Grace
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
, so I would say that it's a fair temporary option.