164 | 9
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
NotCube wrote:
OverSky wrote:When we respec to vit build for The Void & Nymyr's Light, instead of
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Shields

'ZodLo'
Runeword Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
40% Block Speed
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
40% to Strength
40% to Vitality
+15 Life after each Kill
(11 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of 500
, perhaps we can use
Sangreal
Sangreal
Paladin Shields

'OhmSol'
Runeword Level: 70
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura
-10% Base Block Chance
25% Attack Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Life
+33 Defense
? I think Demon Blood will give us more life.

Sadly Demon Blood Aura isn't what it used to be. When I tested Sangreal vs Wall of Fire, the latter gave slightly more hp. This is because with all the %life from gear and charms, an extra 20% life won't do much. On the other hand, 40% more vit on a max vit spec is significant. The difference is only ~500 life though. So if you don't have an On, Sangreal will work just fine.

Demon aura is actually 25% down from 50%
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
supersage10 wrote:
NotCube wrote:
OverSky wrote:When we respec to vit build for The Void & Nymyr's Light, instead of
Wall of Fire
Wall of Fire
Shields

'ZodLo'
Runeword Level: 85
+1 to All Skills
40% Block Speed
40% to Strength
40% to Vitality
+15 Life after each Kill
(11 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Attacker Takes Fire Damage of 500
, perhaps we can use
Sangreal
Sangreal
Paladin Shields

'OhmSol'
Runeword Level: 70
Level 1 Demon Blood Aura
-10% Base Block Chance
25% Attack Speed
40% Hit Recovery
+(10 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Life
+33 Defense
? I think Demon Blood will give us more life.

Sadly Demon Blood Aura isn't what it used to be. When I tested Sangreal vs Wall of Fire, the latter gave slightly more hp. This is because with all the %life from gear and charms, an extra 20% life won't do much. On the other hand, 40% more vit on a max vit spec is significant. The difference is only ~500 life though. So if you don't have an On, Sangreal will work just fine.

Demon aura is actually 25% down from 50%

Ah thanks, I didn't know this before. When I look around the wiki it still says 50% life so I got it from there.
Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
Hello NotCube this guide is awesome I've been following it for a while in my singleplayer im finally reaching the higher levels, I'm posting because I have a few doubts about mercenary gear.. I'm using the act 5 from hell difficulty, he already has a pretty good bogspitter roll in crown base with a lot of ED.. i found my first qarak's will ever and he's using that too with ko runes and IAS MO (what IAS% should he reach? i couldnt find info on his breakpoints, he's around 100~ when he has a buff on or something) he's using the robe of leaves and you said in the guide, with a few ko/diamond to increase strenght and i had to throw other gems in his gear for resists because all resist MOs werent enough.. then i crafted gauntlets and greaves with creepy shrine, got some ok rolls, using the champion of triune is good or should i go for other belt option you given? I also found the shrill of sacrament boots but they seem really bad, why you recommend those i cant understand why would i give those to my merc, is it because of the exorcism skill? can the merc use this?
and something about gear farming, where do you recommend to farm the end game items? i have most crafted items because i cant find any of these SU or SSU whatever they are (remember im singleplayer so i dont have anyone to trade my other items haha)
thanks for reading my noobie questions.. guide endorsed!
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Aesti wrote:Hello NotCube this guide is awesome I've been following it for a while in my singleplayer im finally reaching the higher levels, I'm posting because I have a few doubts about mercenary gear.. I'm using the act 5 from hell difficulty, he already has a pretty good bogspitter roll in crown base with a lot of ED.. i found my first qarak's will ever and he's using that too with ko runes and IAS MO (what IAS% should he reach? i couldnt find info on his breakpoints, he's around 100~ when he has a buff on or something) he's using the robe of leaves and you said in the guide, with a few ko/diamond to increase strenght and i had to throw other gems in his gear for resists because all resist MOs werent enough.. then i crafted gauntlets and greaves with creepy shrine, got some ok rolls, using the champion of triune is good or should i go for other belt option you given? I also found the shrill of sacrament boots but they seem really bad, why you recommend those i cant understand why would i give those to my merc, is it because of the exorcism skill? can the merc use this?

IAS breakpoint depends on the weapon he's using. For Qarak's Will, you want 89 IAS for 10 fpa, or 147 for 9 fpa. Imo 89 is enough. FHR is also important for him. Make sure he has at least 86 FHR.
Champion of the Triune belt is good for Force Blast proc to weaken enemies. Remember we're not building him to kill things, more for buffs and some crowd control. Same for Shrill Sacrament, which is for Nightmare proc that massively slows enemies. Even with this no PR setup, he should survive in Fauzt, which is one of our 2 farming spots anyway. Ofc if you want to make him more tanky, then swap the triune belt for
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
or
Celestia's Ribbon
Celestia's Ribbon
Plated Belt (Sacred)

Defense: (3271 - 3680) to (3583 - 4031)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 1
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
15% Attack Speed
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(11 to 15)% to Strength
+(31 to 50) to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (2)

Celestia's Myth
(Amazon Spear Set)
, and give him
Erawan

Erawan
Body Armors

'LemKoCham'
Runeword Level: 83
15% Combat Speeds
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
(27 to 30)% to Strength
(27 to 30)% to Vitality
Physical Resist (13 to 15)%
(15 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
and
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)

Aesti wrote:and something about gear farming, where do you recommend to farm the end game items? i have most crafted items because i cant find any of these SU or SSU whatever they are (remember im singleplayer so i dont have anyone to trade my other items haha)
thanks for reading my noobie questions.. guide endorsed!

There are pretty much only 2 farming spots in the game for SU/SSUs: Duncraig for SU/SSUs, Fauztinville for rings/ammy/jewel/shrines as well as SU/SSU/SSSU. I also occasionally farm k3k at high levels for a change of scenery. k3k isn't bad at all, and when you're stronger you can farm it very quickly. Remember it can drop Black Sun Spear, Dead Lake's Lady, Astreon's Citadel, Black Dwarf, Tesseract, Ashaera's Armor/ Nor Tiraj and Shamanka, all of which we can use. Dunc is still your best bet though.
Aesti
Dark Huntress
14 | 0
awesome! his FHR is above 89 and his IAS if not 89 yet its close thanks for the help!
OverSky
Pit Knight
101 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
I guess our Mindflay sheet/tooltip damage top out at around 16-17k ? I'm currently sitting at lvl 139, cap EF with every charm up until before Laz (Viz-jun no waypoint is so not cool...) so it seems unlikely to push much higher.

Just wanna say thanks to NotCube for the extremely detailed and newbie friendly guide, very helpful for new player like me.

The build doesnt seem to have the most damage, most survivability or fastest farm speed, but it was extremely flexible and can do almost anything. Also it was quite fun as a first build :)
Raized
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Guide....First time playing Median XL and absolutely having a blast...Following it along with Raul's video and things have gone great...Lvl 112 right now but I have two questions.

I feel like I"m starved for Dex and Strength....I have 300/400/300/1000......Where do I get the Dex/Str to wear sacred gear...even a pair of heavy gloves is 484 str....???? I was watching Raul respec at 115 and he has 600/500/500/600 with 600 attribute points not even spent....I feel like I'm missing something. his Defense is also 48k while I'm sitting at 12k....

Also, the imbues that make an item rare....What should we use these on? Just slots where we can't get a rare sacred of the base?

And should we be reroll modifiers before we imbue/shrinecraft if it's superior?

Last question: Is there a way to get more than 3 honorific tokens? Or can you wipe an item of the MOs and start again?

Thanks...Really Really love the thread....fell in love with my favorite game of all time all over again...thanks to you!
OrphineM
Gravedigger
188 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Raized wrote:Great Guide....First time playing Median XL and absolutely having a blast...Following it along with Raul's video and things have gone great...Lvl 112 right now but I have two questions.

I feel like I"m starved for Dex and Strength....I have 300/400/300/1000......Where do I get the Dex/Str to wear sacred gear...even a pair of heavy gloves is 484 str....???? I was watching Raul respec at 115 and he has 600/500/500/600 with 600 attribute points not even spent....I feel like I'm missing something. his Defense is also 48k while I'm sitting at 12k....

He probably has the full 400 signets and all the charms. You'll be able to spec out of str and dex more and more as you get more charms. Charms that will give you more attribute points and are worth getting high rolled versions from if a range of rolls can occur: Butcher, Binding of Baal, Akarat, Creature of Flame, Zakarum's Ear. Don't forget you can MO in strength and dex in armor if you're just a bit short, or craft jewels that lower requirements on gear.

Raized wrote:Also, the imbues that make an item rare....What should we use these on? Just slots where we can't get a rare sacred of the base?

And should we be reroll modifiers before we imbue/shrinecraft if it's superior?

Last question: Is there a way to get more than 3 honorific tokens? Or can you wipe an item of the MOs and start again?

Thanks...Really Really love the thread....fell in love with my favorite game of all time all over again...thanks to you!

Answering these in order: Basically just use it on the first base you find for your crafts. You could always make throwaway chars, rush them through act 1 normal to get the charsi reward, and make more chars for more fast imbues. A crucify/blink assassin can blitz the quest in like 5-10 minutes from starting act 1 if you optimize your route.

Superior status isn't retained if you imbue to rare, so it doesn't matter.

Honorifics: Shenk should drop more if you kill him again. No way to wipe MOs off an item yet either. Remember you can bless sacred honorifics, so it's worth doing blesses for a good roll before MOing it to save some gold at your stage.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
OrphineM wrote:
Raized wrote: can you wipe an item of the MOs and start again?

No way to wipe MOs off an item yet either
you can only remove MO's in SP with the offline tools
NotCube
Grubber
337 | 161
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Raized wrote:Great Guide....First time playing Median XL and absolutely having a blast...Following it along with Raul's video and things have gone great...Lvl 112 right now but I have two questions.

Charms. Scroll of Kings, Zakarum's Ear, Horazon's Focus, Vision of Akarat to name a few. Crafted gear can also roll a large amount of +all attributes.
Regarding defense, it's all about how much base def your items have. Since Tainted Blood grants a large amount of %TCD, 1000 more base def, for example, is like 5-6k more at that level. Try switching to a crafted ancient armor/gauntlets/greaves etc. and you'll see a huge jump in def.

Raized wrote:Also, the imbues that make an item rare....What should we use these on? Just slots where we can't get a rare sacred of the base?

It's down to personal preference. I don't care about saving charsi's imbue so I usually just burn all 3 imbues to get 3 crafting bases asap, then wait for the others to drop. Though it's better to save them for rarer bases, like paladin shield, paladin helm, ancient armor etc.

Raized wrote:And should we be reroll modifiers before we imbue/shrinecraft if it's superior?

No. Imbue and crafting will reroll the item anew. All previous affixes will be lost.

Raized wrote:Last question: Is there a way to get more than 3 honorific tokens? Or can you wipe an item of the MOs and start again?

You can farm as many mark of infusion to reroll honorifics as much as you want. There's no limit.
You can't remove MOs from most items. Gotta remake the item or find another copy. The only exception is runewords: MOs applied after the rw is made will be removed when you unsocket the rune.

Edit: Ninja'd. People are fast. :)