Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Cheno wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Eventually I managed to kill him with higher PDR. However, I am having serious issues with finding upgrades to the gear. I'm now hitting the dmg ceiling possible with the gear I have. Lvl 126, Bremmtown was a joke, Kabraxis didn't want to die yet, I hope to do him soon but it's slow. My luck with crafting has been pretty bad and I already have pretty good equipment now so I don't know where to upgrade. My hopes are now to find a Dead Lake Lady or Black Sun Spear to improve some gear.

Unfortunately this is where many casters hit a steel wall where you need good gear to progress (be it crafts or SU/SSUs). Some casters have powerful, reworked midgame sets that carry them all the way to endgame such as light and cold sorc. We don't have that luxury. There are no Xis runewords that we can use, and honorifics don't do the job so we're at the mercy of randomness. IMO, the crafting system needs improvement but until that changes, everybody's experience with the build beyond 130 will be vastly different.

I managed to find a
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (101 - 118) to (105 - 124)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 488
Item Level: 105
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Strength)%
Amazing Grace
4% Chance to cast level 50 Blizzard on Death Blow
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
+(20 to 40)% to Spell Damage
+(130 to 170)% Enhanced Damage
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
and the oil worked, so it carried me pretty far, it even worked better than
Dead Lake's Lady
Dead Lake's Lady
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 40
Required Dexterity: 449
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+4 to Amazon Skill Levels
+4 to Paladin Skill Levels
+200 Spell Focus
50% Block Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
(21 to 25)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +25%
Socketed (3)
on bosses due to more socket space for pierce. I wasn't pierce capped and ran with Rapture, so it worked out pretty great but that is obviously RNG. I honestly don't know what else to run instead, maybe go for 2-piece set bonus until you have some crafts to take over?

Oh, so Aeterna is good as well? I found one as well :)

Well it's probably better than many of your alternatives. The set weapon is only really worth it if your gear is in such a bad state that the set bonus can make up for the poor stats. I did Uldyssian with
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

Amazing Grace
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
, so I would say that it's a fair temporary option.

Interesting, and you socketed -res jewels? Like the unique one? Also curious what shield you use.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Cheno wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Cheno wrote:
NotCube wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:Eventually I managed to kill him with higher PDR. However, I am having serious issues with finding upgrades to the gear. I'm now hitting the dmg ceiling possible with the gear I have. Lvl 126, Bremmtown was a joke, Kabraxis didn't want to die yet, I hope to do him soon but it's slow. My luck with crafting has been pretty bad and I already have pretty good equipment now so I don't know where to upgrade. My hopes are now to find a Dead Lake Lady or Black Sun Spear to improve some gear.

Unfortunately this is where many casters hit a steel wall where you need good gear to progress (be it crafts or SU/SSUs). Some casters have powerful, reworked midgame sets that carry them all the way to endgame such as light and cold sorc. We don't have that luxury. There are no Xis runewords that we can use, and honorifics don't do the job so we're at the mercy of randomness. IMO, the crafting system needs improvement but until that changes, everybody's experience with the build beyond 130 will be vastly different.

I managed to find a
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

Amazing Grace
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
and the oil worked, so it carried me pretty far, it even worked better than
Dead Lake's Lady
Dead Lake's Lady
Grand Scepter (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 36 to 40
Required Dexterity: 449
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+4 to Amazon Skill Levels
+4 to Paladin Skill Levels
+200 Spell Focus
50% Block Speed
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
(21 to 25)% to Energy
Regenerate Mana +25%
Socketed (3)
on bosses due to more socket space for pierce. I wasn't pierce capped and ran with Rapture, so it worked out pretty great but that is obviously RNG. I honestly don't know what else to run instead, maybe go for 2-piece set bonus until you have some crafts to take over?

Oh, so Aeterna is good as well? I found one as well :)

Well it's probably better than many of your alternatives. The set weapon is only really worth it if your gear is in such a bad state that the set bonus can make up for the poor stats. I did Uldyssian with
Aeterna
Aeterna
Broad Sword (Sacred)

Amazing Grace
+(3 to 5) to All Skills
+100 Spell Focus
(20 to 50)% Cast Speed
(10 to 20)% to Strength
Socketed (6)
, so I would say that it's a fair temporary option.

Interesting, and you socketed -res jewels? Like the unique one? Also curious what shield you use.

-3 lightning pierce runes, yuls. Used some combination of the set before I bought
Astreon's Citadel
Astreon's Citadel
Aerin Shield (Sacred)

Defense: (4336 - 5059) to (5085 - 5933)
Chance to Block: 3%
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 500
1% Base Block Chance
+25% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+25% to Lightning Spell Damage
-15% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
+(4 to 6) to Slayer (Paladin Only)
+(4 to 6) to Mind Flay (Paladin Only)
+(140 to 180)% Enhanced Defense
+75 to Energy
Cold Absorb 7%
Socketed (4)
. I wanna stress that I didn't use that sword because I thought it was better than Dead Lake, I used it cause it dropped randomly and was better than the other options I had available. If you're pierce capped, then Dead Lake will net you more damage.
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:-3 lightning pierce runes, yuls. Used some combination of the set before I bought
Astreon's Citadel
Astreon's Citadel
Aerin Shield (Sacred)

(Paladin Only)
1% Base Block Chance
+75 to Energy
Cold Absorb 7%
Socketed (4)
. I wanna stress that I didn't use that sword because I thought it was better than Dead Lake, I used it cause it dropped randomly and was better than the other options I had available. If you're pierce capped, then Dead Lake will net you more damage.

What a coincedence. I also happen to have that shield!!! I will socket Yul in my sword as well to reach -170 ele pierce. What did you up and socket in the shield? Sorry for all the questions :D

Update: Added both sword and shield and added 150% dmg to my end total, still with the same pierce and other breakpoints. K3k is now nothing more but a half-sleepy grind. You can basically not be concentrated and farm and not die.
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Cheno wrote:-3 lightning pierce runes, yuls. Used some combination of the set before I bought
Astreon's Citadel
Astreon's Citadel
Aerin Shield (Sacred)

(Paladin Only)
1% Base Block Chance
+75 to Energy
Cold Absorb 7%
Socketed (4)

What a coincedence. I also happen to have that shield!!! I will socket Yul in my sword as well to reach -170 ele pierce. What did you up and socket in the shield? Sorry for all the questions :D

Update: Added both sword and shield and added 150% dmg to my end total, still with the same pierce and other breakpoints. K3k is now nothing more but a half-sleepy grind. You can basically not be concentrated and farm and not die.

It's basically the same as the weapon slows. Yuls if you are not pierce capped, crafted jewels if you are.

Edit: If you already had the shield, why didn't you use it already? Or if you were using it, did you socket it differently?
Muilpeer
Daystar
667 | 23
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheno wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Astreon's Citadel
Astreon's Citadel
Aerin Shield (Sacred)

(Paladin Only)
1% Base Block Chance
+75 to Energy
Cold Absorb 7%
Socketed (4)

It's basically the same as the weapon slows. Yuls if you are not pierce capped, crafted jewels if you are.

Edit: If you already had the shield, why didn't you use it already? Or if you were using it, did you socket it differently?

Well, I was still holding on to my Everfolk staff :) I thought somehow 2-H was better. But I already had the sword and shield waiting to be looked at. I just hadn't thought of adding Yul runes to the weapon and shield to add pierce. Glad I read your comment. I found this unique jewel as well that also gives pierce in all resistances and was thinking of collecting those to add pierce and totally forgot about Yul.

It's this one:
Farsight Globe
Farsight Globe
Jewel

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 80
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
Cheno
Heretic
434 | 23
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Muilpeer wrote:
Cheno wrote:
Muilpeer wrote:
Astreon's Citadel
Astreon's Citadel
Aerin Shield (Sacred)

(Paladin Only)
1% Base Block Chance
+75 to Energy
Cold Absorb 7%
Socketed (4)

Well, I was still holding on to my Everfolk staff :) I thought somehow 2-H was better. But I already had the sword and shield waiting to be looked at. I just hadn't thought of adding Yul runes to the weapon and shield to add pierce. Glad I read your comment. I found this unique jewel as well that also gives pierce in all resistances and was thinking of collecting those to add pierce and totally forgot about Yul.

It's this one:
Farsight Globe
Farsight Globe
Jewel

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 80
Can be Inserted into Socketed Items
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
-(2 to 3)% to Enemy Poison Resistance

Yea the problem with Yul is that it requires level 100, so you can only really use it on SUs without losing MO space but that jewel can be used in honorifics, TU and crafted gear without losing you 40+ levels on that item.
patrick_pkl
Gravedigger
191 | 4
Myxir wrote:
Cheno wrote:
Myxir wrote:
Cheno wrote:Been stronger for several patches in a row.

For rifts and some ubers sure but for regular farm dunc/fauzt there are better builds for fast farming.

The question was in relation to Mind Flay, not compared to other builds.

Still. I have endgame mindflayer and almost all mobs die by hitting one-two mindflay, farming is pretty fast. And since mindflay is a little more aoe skill than trinity so i think it's even better for farming.

Yep thinking more of uber dungeons or labs. Thanks!
Dimitry
Destroyer
6 | 0
Anyone have examples of good crafts for Boots, gloves, belt, sheild?
just their build in general? Here is mine at 140. BTW I found sky siege relic and am using it in the shield. It nets really fast fautz/ brem farming, also makes tanganze supper easy since the orbs the monsters shoot at you are slow if you tele on top of mobs right after they fire. You can clear everything without getting hit.
https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=Porker
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Ignore
Edited by daresso 3 years.
daresso
Sasquatch
65 | 2
Common Supporter Badge