WereBear Grillz- New Player Friendly Build

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Newbking
Sand Maggot
1127 | 5
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Werebear build sucks.
Harvesters make gameplay clunky. They get in the way and prevent proper attack lanes, meanwhile you keep getting hit.
Life Regen was surprisingly lackluster. High damage, but so many drawbacks make it unenjoyable.

AVOID THIS BUILD new players.
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
Newbking wrote:Werebear build sucks.
Harvesters make gameplay clunky. They get in the way and prevent proper attack lanes, meanwhile you keep getting hit.
Life Regen was surprisingly lackluster. High damage, but so many drawbacks make it unenjoyable.

if it not the yesiest one build, then i dont know what new players should play
Diaco
Void Archon
880 | 43
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies

Harvesters are not necessary for werebear. Only benefit you get from them is the movement speed. Regarding Life regen, werebear has no source of It besides symbiosis. If you are referring to the Life steal, you must be lacking a lot of dmg if It doesn't put you at full health after two swings.

Werebear is actually more newbie friendly than ever now that Lifeshield was replaced with Barkskin
lampogriz
Stygian Watcher
42 | 1
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
werebear suck. All melee chars suck in this patch.
caster druid is much more newbie player friendly btw
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
lampogriz wrote:werebear suck. All melee chars suck in this patch.
caster druid is much more newbie player friendly btw

That’s lazy to be honest. Not all builds are equal, you gotta learn how to play to your build’s strengths and minimize its weaknesses.

Like IRL.
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Bliyadolubov wrote:

if it not the yesiest one build, then i dont know what new players should play

They should play a char they like, isn't that why people play games, every build can get to at least mid-game. Werebear can go far without much effort.
Kirito
Invader
9 | 0
Completely outdated skill you say in this guide does not even exist anymore lmao you might 2ant to update it or delete it its useless
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Kirito wrote:Completely outdated skill you say in this guide does not even exist anymore lmao you might 2ant to update it or delete it its useless

What skill?
Victor
Cog
247 | 37
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Jampula wrote:
Kirito wrote:Completely outdated skill you say in this guide does not even exist anymore lmao you might 2ant to update it or delete it its useless

What skill?

He probably meant these changes:
Lifeshield -> Barkskin
Circle of Life -> Hunger

Still, the guide is mostly up to date as of 1.8 but lacks end-game content. An update in 2.0 will be great.
nejikisame
Skeleton
3 | 0
Guys i dont want to be rude but this guide is pretty bad... This endgame build doesnt work very well. Im not very good at this game but i did everything except Samael and Deimos on werebear and here is my built. Keep in mind its not the strongest possible build ofc but it worked very well for me until now. Im new on this forum so i will just tell you the names of items i use:
For farming:
Weapon: Nimmenjuushin
Helmet: Coldhunger
Armor: Wolverine Skin
Amulet: Beads of the Snake Queen
Shield: Lifeforge
Rings: Emphyrean Glory and Assurs Bane
Boots: Wind Runner
Belt: Lilith's Temptation
Gloves: Mercy ( rune XIS ofc)
Secondary weapon: Shamanka ofc
And with build i can farm whole Duncraig or Fauztinvile without any potions or even using Idol of scooglen, Its very tanky with solid dmg. You can clear whole map playing with one hand.

And build for uberbosses.
FULL WEREBEAR SET.
Armor: Candlewake
Boots: Wind runner
Amulet: Beads of the Snake Queen
Rings: Emphyrean Glory and Assurs Bane/Ripstar
Secondary weapon: Ofc Shamanka
And yes, set is very strong, it gives more dmg than gotterdammerung or any other weapon, it also gives 15% avoid dmg so with farie fire and symbiosis i have 52% avoid damage and over 20k hp and 300k def. I do Xazax in about 1 minute, same with Banisher of light. You can also pretty ez farm runestones on Spirit of Giyua, its not the fastest but very safe.

And here are my point is skills:
Werebear morph: MAX
Barksin: MAX
Symbiosis: MAX
Harvesters: 20 points to reach 20sec hp regen on symbiosis
Elvensong: 26 points to reach 20% avoid dmg on symbiosis
Faire fire: I have it on 7 points but you should put enough points to reach 20% avoid dmg.
Rest of points put into Idols of Scosglen or Hunger, it doesnt really matter to me. But i think its worth to put enough points into hunger to reach hit recovery frame point. And rest in IoS to have this extra def if needed.
And skill tree is pretty much the same for farming and bosses. Its only few differences for instance on Brother Laz you dont want Faerie fire bcs it destroys his totems so you can put point into survival instinct, its not good either but atleast it wont make it harder for you to beat Brother Laz.

So that would be it. And again i probably made some mistkaes in this build so im not saying its perfect, all im saying is that it works very well for me, much better than items suggested in this guide.