WereBear Grillz- New Player Friendly Build

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Crash wrote:
ixvid_ wrote:I am playing full str wildfire Wearbear, but actually craft something better imo :)

Archon's Wrath
Archon's Wrath
War Hammer (4)

One-Hand Damage: 6 to 8
Required Level: 5
Required Strength:
Item Level: 10
Strength Damage Bonus: (0.14 per Strength)%
10% Chance to cast level 10 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
+(1 to 2) to Druid Skill Levels
30% Attack Speed
(41 to 50)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Undead
+(6 to 10)% to Fire Spell Damage
-3% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Requirements -40%
Socketed (1)
One-Hand Damage: 12 to 17
Required Level: 24
Required Strength:
Item Level: 36
10% Chance to cast level 19 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
+(2 to 3) to Druid Skill Levels
40% Attack Speed
(81 to 100)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Undead
+(11 to 15)% to Fire Spell Damage
-6% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Requirements -55%
Socketed (3)
One-Hand Damage: 19 to 26
Required Level: 42
Required Strength:
Item Level: 51
10% Chance to cast level 33 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
+(3 to 4) to Druid Skill Levels
50% Attack Speed
(131 to 150)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Undead
+(16 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
-9% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Requirements -60%
Socketed (5)
One-Hand Damage: 22 to 31
Required Level: 51
Required Strength:
Item Level: 85
10% Chance to cast level 43 Seal of Fire on Melee Attack
+(4 to 5) to Druid Skill Levels
60% Attack Speed
(171 to 200)% Bonus to Attack Rating
+50% Damage to Undead
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
-12% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Requirements -65%
Socketed (6)

why bother spending so many shrines when this TU is comparable or better in every way except maybe the banish proc.

tons more MO space for UMO experiment and such

Hmm.... i guess Banish at this slvl with 2 "fire" spells will give alot better result than TU. Just opinion based on how negative MDR could annihilate any char through usual firewall casted by shamans even with max fire res.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
As wildfire bear though you wouldn't be taking full advantage of banish proc, because wildfire only hits with fire damage right? You need a source of cold and lightning damage to really make that shine.
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:As wildfire bear though you wouldn't be taking full advantage of banish proc, because wildfire only hits with fire damage right? You need a source of cold and lightning damage to really make that shine.

There's also Balefire which hits with magic damage.. And still as i told - no matter he have no other damage sources (basically he have from sunstone of elements that adding 3-5 rainbow damage), the nature of "burning" fire (25 hits per second with no ND) will do much more then pair of extra elements.

PS: Just took a look at it.. It adding 30 damage/hit per skill level and 4 sec duration per skill lvl. If it have no any kind of diminishing return - lvl 40 banish mean 40*30=1200 extra damage per hit and 40*4=160 sec duration. With keeping in mind that he using wildfire it means 1200*25=30000 extra damage per second from wildfire only. and same damage increase for Balefire. Still it's something that need to be tested (i'm too lazy to make bear dru and craft wepen right now) so...
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
To my knowledge, there is no diminishing returns. Lvl 40 banish is 1200 damage per hit, per element.

That's a good point with Balefire and Banish. How often does Rend hit? It's a WDM skill so it'll carry Sunstone elements. If it's 25hits/sec, then Rend would make Banish twice as effective (twice as many elements).
Scalewinged
Cow Ninja
1293 | 61
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Semigloss wrote:To my knowledge, there is no diminishing returns. Lvl 40 banish is 1200 damage per hit, per element.

That's a good point with Balefire and Banish. How often does Rend hit? It's a WDM skill so it'll carry Sunstone elements. If it's 25hits/sec, then Rend would make Banish twice as effective (twice as many elements).

Frm what i know from changelogs: Rend (Thorn strike before rename?) was nerfed in number of hits, so i guess it's like 10-12,5 hits now. Not sure how many but at least not 25hits/sec Also don't forget Rend is not melee attack at all so Banish won't proc with it like it will with wildfire.
Alterayylmao
Skeleton
3 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does this build contribute into Physical Spell Damage or is it purely Weapon Damage?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Alterayylmao wrote:Does this build contribute into Physical Spell Damage or is it purely Weapon Damage?

Spell damage works only for spells. Rend is not a spell, its an attack.
wewenako19
Balrog
121 | 0
Anyone know how to
Kill uldy using bear form and 1 boss from void who attk u constantly waiting him to die by himself?
fregon13
Thunder Beetle
55 | 20
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Istaryu wrote:
schroedinger wrote:Hey, first of all, thanks for the guide. I have a question about weapon choice.

I have level 132 now but could not find neither Gotterdamerung nor Nimmenjuushin.
I am running with Kodiak on a sacred war axe, but I simply need more damage for some areas/bosses.
I was planning to make Instinct runeword (ohm-xis) on an ethereal war axe, but could not find any so far.
However, I found an eth giant axe, but I am not sure whether the attack speed will be enough with that base item.

Any idea/suggestion?

PS: playing in HC

Why are you using a 1handed weapon if you want more dmg? Shield does nothing for this build, because you have no dex. And instinct is for wildfire, not for rend.

Still can use Instinc (Xis RW) for rend build + plus cloudladder shield on swap wep +6 skill / +4 shield to boost your morphBear skill level " Str% and Vit %" of 10% each for free also add " extra physical damage then u can switch to shamanka and boost yourself again with Bloodlust for more dmg
arythia
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is this build/guide pretty relevant still? Anything I should change before I play it?