[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
You're at lvl59 in normal. You can make a Void rune word in a T2-T3 balanced Axe after that. It's a long time I played throwing sin, but I always leveled with THUL rune word in throwing knife and stormcrow skill. When you get the Void weapon, mana problems will gone, so you can go with full maelstrom.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The guide is gonna be updated within 1 week. From what a see in the patch notes, the build will be exactly the same as before. Whychwind might be a new addition to the build thanks to the lvl 100 upgrade for it, will have to test that tho.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Istaryu wrote:The guide is gonna be updated within 1 week. From what a see in the patch notes, the build will be exactly the same as before. Whychwind might be a new addition to the build thanks to the lvl 100 upgrade for it, will have to test that tho.

What do you think now about maelstorm vs storm rows?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tempmail wrote:
Istaryu wrote:The guide is gonna be updated within 1 week. From what a see in the patch notes, the build will be exactly the same as before. Whychwind might be a new addition to the build thanks to the lvl 100 upgrade for it, will have to test that tho.

Storm crows is entirerly different. It is a weapon damage based build, maelstrom is dex stacking. Also it is absolutely trash for farming, since all the missiles home in on one enemy, and if the target dies, the missiles dont seek a new target, they just disappear.
tempmail
Cog
204 | 3
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Istaryu wrote:
tempmail wrote:

Storm crows is entirerly different. It is a weapon damage based build, maelstrom is dex stacking. Also it is absolutely trash for farming, since all the missiles home in on one enemy, and if the target dies, the missiles dont seek a new target, they just disappear.

What about bossing? A good Storm Crows build vs a good maelstrom build. Who would be better at bossing in your opinion?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
tempmail wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
tempmail wrote:

What about bossing? A good Storm Crows build vs a good maelstrom build. Who would be better at bossing in your opinion?

For bossing, storm crows is gonna be a lot stronger.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
I am progressing trough the game, and im gonna record the first clear of every uber.

Here is some lvl challenge. Apologies for the quality, im gonna fix it for the next video.
LonelyBloody
Skeleton
2 | 0
All sockets should be amethysts/io runes by lvl120''

Did they change io rune ? id says attack rating for summon

Im new to Median btw did i miss somethings here ?:P
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
LonelyBloody wrote:All sockets should be amethysts/io runes by lvl120''

Runes and runewords were reworked this patch, its fal rune now. Because you cant downgrade runes anymore, i suggest collecting amethysts for everything but the shield, and use fal runes in shield.
LonelyBloody
Skeleton
2 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
LonelyBloody wrote:All sockets should be amethysts/io runes by lvl120''

Runes and runewords were reworked this patch, its fal rune now. Because you cant downgrade runes anymore, i suggest collecting amethysts for everything but the shield, and use fal runes in shield.

Thx man :) do mercenary matter with this build ?