[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
kolyeah8
Azure Drake
173 | 5
arythia wrote:Can anyone tell me what the new skillplan is to max?

its literally discussed on the very topic page you posted on ^^

skillplan is the same, spare points go on way of the phoenix
arythia
Vampiress
39 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I was just confused because of the back and fourth, sorry. So you max pinnacle instead of way of the spider now?
Edited by arythia 3 years.
arythia
Vampiress
39 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
kolyeah8 wrote:

its literally discussed on the very topic page you posted on ^^

skillplan is the same, spare points go on way of the phoenix

I was just confused because of the back and fourth, sorry. So you max pinnacle instead of way of the spider now?
Maphyr
Acid Prince
47 | 1
Tasidon wrote:For another topic of discussion. I have found for farming getting broadside pts stack well with maelstrom build if you think pinnacle is a waste of points. Casting broadside will overfill my health globe without putting any thought into gearing for lifesteal. Which makes the build seem more noob friendly. I can face tank bremm and dunc packs as long as i cast broadside. I still have a 20 pointed doom which is working fine for at least up to 125 charms. Not saying this is "the new way to go" but it is a cushion for sure.

I'm liking this approach for a league starter, at least.
Tasidon
Sasquatch
60 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
arythia wrote:I was just confused because of the back and fourth, sorry. So you max pinnacle instead of way of the spider now?

This is what I'm running, which is not necessarily the same as the OP but does work well for my play-style.

Bosses
Max: Maelstrom, Doom, Perfect Being, Prismatic cloak
21-Point: Tiefling
6-Point: Blink
1-Point: Beacon

Farm
Max: Maelstrom, Broadside, Perfect Being, Prismatic cloak
21-Point: Doom or Tiefling (your choice, doom provides a more general character and tiefling provides a faster farmer)
6-Point: Blink
1-Point: Beacon
immune
Thunder Beetle
50 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
no one answering my question on the merc :( ?
Tasidon
Sasquatch
60 | 4
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
immune wrote:no one answering my question on the merc :( ?

Its a personal preference question, you have to answer that yourself. My opinion- I dont have good luck using those mercs on non tp characters, it seems like they die too often.
immune
Thunder Beetle
50 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Tasidon wrote:
immune wrote:no one answering my question on the merc :( ?

Its a personal preference question, you have to answer that yourself. My opinion- I dont have good luck using those mercs on non tp characters, it seems like they die too often.

I'm basically refering to just fautz and both can be kept alive very easily, they may have the odd mare. I'm just curious which adds the best kill speed, ive gone abjurer.. its improved slightly but nothing like it was a few seasons back, maybe a blood mage/shapeshifter?
Enigma
Heretic
409 | 17
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Great Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Maphyr wrote:
Tasidon wrote:For another topic of discussion. I have found for farming getting broadside pts stack well with maelstrom build if you think pinnacle is a waste of points. Casting broadside will overfill my health globe without putting any thought into gearing for lifesteal. Which makes the build seem more noob friendly. I can face tank bremm and dunc packs as long as i cast broadside. I still have a 20 pointed doom which is working fine for at least up to 125 charms. Not saying this is "the new way to go" but it is a cushion for sure.

I'm liking this approach for a league starter, at least.

Pinnacle takes me from 24-25k damage to 25-27k damage. Big jump for kill speed and boss killing. I'm a dex stacked with pinnacle at 24, 0 ways and beacon for move speed.

I've had no issue with survivability due to life after each kill being more than enough with potions and being able to evade things.

I think broadside would slow you down way more than it'd help.. It's just such low damage for a big skill commitment compared to Maelstrom spam.

Edit** Even at the start of ladder and while lvling I found the LAEK from MO's on Lo knife was more than enough to keep me alive with no life leech.

Max Maelstrom, Max doom, Max prismatic, Max Perfect being.
6 in blink
1 in Beacon (Or Gryphon if you prefer 5% light absorb [I tank quov sin without it])
1 in shadow refuge
Remainder in Pinnacle as a multiple of 6 (12, 18, 24).
Leftovers can wait for future +max skills or dump in shadow refuge(PR%) or Blink (Cooldown) and respect later as needed.
nazh202
Bone Archer
75 | 0
First, thanks for the guide, this build seems fun.
I just wanna ask how can you increase block rate/speed (other than charms that increase combat speeds) ? My sin is lv109 and has only 10% faster block rate (FHR and IAS breakpoints are reached)
p/s: I just found out that mystic orbs could.