[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Heroebal wrote:I had a rift goblin in teganze straight up drop a jaxis rune. Would making a lily helmet (
Lily (Xis)
) be worth it for this build or should I just stick with(
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)

That helm is pretty bad, i would not recomment.

Ekital wrote:Meh the build is kinda deadish. The fauzt clearspeed is very lackluster considering the gearing.

Even with 12k dex and 18k maelstrom damage it just feels lackluster considering the investment.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=DextrousCunt

Maximum damage you're going to push is maybe 20-22k but it's kinda whatever.

This build was never meant to be a great fauzt farmer, but it doesnt mean its bad because it doesnt do great at something.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Istaryu wrote:
Heroebal wrote:I had a rift goblin in teganze straight up drop a jaxis rune. Would making a lily helmet (
Lily (Xis)
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Required Strength:
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)

Ekital wrote:Meh the build is kinda deadish. The fauzt clearspeed is very lackluster considering the gearing.

Even with 12k dex and 18k maelstrom damage it just feels lackluster considering the investment.

This build was never meant to be a great fauzt farmer, but it doesnt mean its bad because it doesnt do great at something.

Well.. the problem is that it's only good at duncraig. Not great for labs because it requires crazy dex scaling which makes life/resistance scaling close to impossible. Not great at early ladder due to the dexterity stacking requirement and reliance on charms. Not great for bosses because it doesn't really have high dps and relies on a multihit. Not good at fauzt so what is it good for? Dunc? Even for dunc there are much better choices. I just think the damage at the high-end gear is just too lackluster which prevents you from pushing this build into higher tier content. But to each their own I guess, if you want to buy 20x UMOs every season to barely do basic shit that other builds can do then hey go for it.
Reqence
Destroyer
6 | 0
Ekital wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Lily (Xis)
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Required Strength:
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)

Well.. the problem is that it's only good at duncraig. Not great for labs because it requires crazy dex scaling which makes life/resistance scaling close to impossible. Not great at early ladder due to the dexterity stacking requirement and reliance on charms. Not great for bosses because it doesn't really have high dps and relies on a multihit. Not good at fauzt so what is it good for? Dunc? Even for dunc there are much better choices. I just think the damage at the high-end gear is just too lackluster which prevents you from pushing this build into higher tier content. But to each their own I guess, if you want to buy 20x UMOs every season to barely do basic shit that other builds can do then hey go for it.

What cheap dunc farming build would you recommend?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Ekital wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Lily (Xis)
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Required Strength:
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)

I didnt struggle early ladder, and i think its great for bossing. Damage is certainly not the best, but the high avoid and block chance allows you to make a lot of mistakes at bosses that most other builds cant afford. And i think 10min uldy kill without any umos doesnt scream garbage damage.

Reqence wrote:What cheap dunc farming build would you recommend?

Bowzon is always gonna be the go to choice for fast dunc clears with low gear. Just a good crafted bow and tus/honorifics and its faster than most other builds at similar or slightly higher investment.
Reqence
Destroyer
6 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
Bowzon is always gonna be the go to choice for fast dunc clears with low gear. Just a good crafted bow and tus/honorifics and its faster than most other builds at similar or slightly higher investment.

Yeah i have a bowazon atm, my problem is that she is so squishy for my noob ass to play (just started to play this awesome mod). I die constantly in dunc, especially when you need to jump through a walls with that teleport skill. I crafted a decent bow like a Wulf guy said in his guide, but it's just so frustrating to play when you are new, im feeling that im running to my corpse like 70% of playtime haha.
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Yeah i have a bowazon atm, my problem is that she is so squishy for my noob ass to play (just started to play this awesome mod). I die constantly in dunc, especially when you need to jump through a walls with that teleport skill. I crafted a decent bow like a Wulf guy said in his guide, but it's just so frustrating to play when you are new, im feeling that im running to my corpse like 70% of playtime haha.

The trick is to kill them before they kill you. Teleport in, and start wyrmshotting instantly, if you have enough dmg, which isnt that hard to reach, they should die before they have a chance to hit you. If you get hit by a poison cloud, just potion it. You should be able to start moving before barrels explode because you cleared most of the enemies near your tp spot.
Reqence
Destroyer
6 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

The trick is to kill them before they kill you. Teleport in, and start wyrmshotting instantly, if you have enough dmg, which isnt that hard to reach, they should die before they have a chance to hit you. If you get hit by a poison cloud, just potion it. You should be able to start moving before barrels explode because you cleared most of the enemies near your tp spot.

Yeah i guess my problem is dmg atm, if i try to just wyrmshot my problems away i end up dying from dunc mobs, they are just zergrushing me to death, dunno maybe it's a l2p issue for me. Do you by any chance know a decently tanky but maybe abit slower in terms of damage build for consistent dunc farm?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Yeah i guess my problem is dmg atm, if i try to just wyrmshot my problems away i end up dying from dunc mobs, they are just zergrushing me to death, dunno maybe it's a l2p issue for me. Do you by any chance know a decently tanky but maybe abit slower in terms of damage build for consistent dunc farm?

Hammerzon. All you need is a honorific weapon mo'd with fcr, ed, max dmg, ewd, and maybe some leech if needed. Rest can be tus/honorifics Easy max block, lots of defense, decent hp pool and phys res. Use 1 point hammer of zerae.
Reqence
Destroyer
6 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Hammerzon. All you need is a honorific weapon mo'd with fcr, ed, max dmg, ewd, and maybe some leech if needed. Rest can be tus/honorifics Easy max block, lots of defense, decent hp pool and phys res. Use 1 point hammer of zerae.

Oh thank you so much, can i use this guide or is it outdated atm? viewtopic.php?t=23629
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1442 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:

Oh thank you so much, can i use this guide or is it outdated atm? viewtopic.php?t=23629

Yes, its fine, just make sure to use a sacred honorific war scepter as soon as you can, it will outperform tu4 war scepter fast, and even
Legion