[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
prolexy
Destroyer
7 | 0
It might be possible to skip void and go for a craft instead.

I just went to kill hell countess to see how good it is for rune farming:

what u mean with craft?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
I just made the switch to Void as I entered Hell and the damage was really surprisingly low. The other surprise was how much mana it takes to sustain Maelstrom even though I rolled a 5 mana on striking Void.

Ok, I'm missing mana regen on 2 rings and dex from amethysts in most sockets but I played this before 2.0 and it was a breeze with void (and then it was only 1 mana on striking). So I'm a bit confused. I'm wondering if storm crows with ways might be better after all.

But this has been a great character to get some early uniques farmed!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Captcha wrote:I just made the switch to Void as I entered Hell and the damage was really surprisingly low. The other surprise was how much mana it takes to sustain Maelstrom even though I rolled a 5 mana on striking Void.

Ok, I'm missing mana regen on 2 rings and dex from amethysts in most sockets but I played this before 2.0 and it was a breeze with void (and then it was only 1 mana on striking). So I'm a bit confused. I'm wondering if storm crows with ways might be better after all.

Well, most of the builds damage comes from dex, and you dont have amehtysts/fal runes in your gear, you dont really have the right to complain about the damage being low.
FlexMantello
Destroyer
6 | 0
Since
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Runeword Level: 75
Adds 7-13 Damage
+(58 to 72)% Enhanced Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%
Physical Damage Reduced by (11 to 15)
+(3 to 5) Mana on Striking
2% Reanimate as: Random Monster
doesn't seem necessary anymore, what knife would you all recommend?
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Istaryu wrote:
Captcha wrote:I just made the switch to Void as I entered Hell and the damage was really surprisingly low. The other surprise was how much mana it takes to sustain Maelstrom even though I rolled a 5 mana on striking Void.

Well, most of the builds damage comes from dex, and you dont have amehtysts/fal runes in your gear, you dont really have the right to complain about the damage being low.

It was an observation rather than a complaint. I've played the game enough to have a good idea how much difference socketing will make - if I'm struggling in the Blood Moor, I'm fairly sure the end game will not be fun.

That said, I'm getting the impression that the game has become more difficult in some/many parts.
Captcha
Mangler
486 | 26
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
FlexMantello wrote:Since
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%

Presumably a sacred rare throwing knife (one of the 3 types, Balanced Knife being the top one for damage) and craft it with Abandoned shrine (dex craft).
When you get a roll you like, bless it (aba shrine again).

Then maybe buy/find one of the end game SUs (not all of them will be better for this build though).
FlexMantello
Destroyer
6 | 0
Captcha wrote:
FlexMantello wrote:Since
Void
Void
Weapons

'Sur'
Adds 7-13 Damage
Slow Target 20%
Regenerate Mana +15%
Cold Resist +40%

Presumably a sacred rare throwing knife (one of the 3 types, Balanced Knife being the top one for damage) and craft it with Abandoned shrine (dex craft).
When you get a roll you like, bless it (aba shrine again).

Then maybe buy/find one of the end game SUs (not all of them will be better for this build though).

Yeah, a sacred balanced knife to craft&bless is what I'm farming for right now. I'm only level 90, is K3K on Nightmare still a good spot to farm for this?
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I just used void in a sacred balanced knife until i found a zol rune at like lvl 117, i had no problems. But surely a craft will be better if you dont have mana issues, which i think you wont when you start grabbing charms.
brovet
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Do we not have to invest any point into skills like tenacity or endurance? I'm currently at lvl 114. I have blink 1, domain 3, shadow refuge 1, shadowrush 6, storm crows 1, maelstorm 25, wychwind 1, void gazer 1, doom 15, prismatic cloak 15 and I still have 23 points left. Should I just put them all into wychwind/void gazer? Thank you!
Loko22
Sasquatch
69 | 1
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
brovet wrote:Do we not have to invest any point into skills like tenacity or endurance? I'm currently at lvl 114. I have blink 1, domain 3, shadow refuge 1, shadowrush 6, storm crows 1, maelstorm 25, wychwind 1, void gazer 1, doom 15, prismatic cloak 15 and I still have 23 points left. Should I just put them all into wychwind/void gazer? Thank you!

I'm putting my extra points into those skills it actually a pretty high dmg skill for stationary single targets