[Not recommended as of 2.1] Maelstrom Assassin miniguide

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Reqence
Destroyer
6 | 0
Istaryu wrote:
Reqence wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Hammerzon. All you need is a honorific weapon mo'd with fcr, ed, max dmg, ewd, and maybe some leech if needed. Rest can be tus/honorifics Easy max block, lots of defense, decent hp pool and phys res. Use 1 point hammer of zerae.

Oh thank you so much, can i use this guide or is it outdated atm? viewtopic.php?t=23629

Yes, its fine, just make sure to use a sacred honorific war scepter as soon as you can, it will outperform tu4 war scepter fast, and even
Legion

Thanks for the help, i would've upvote you but i don't know how lol.
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Duncraig isn’t that bad for my assassin. Mainly the bottleneck spots are a pain. Also sometimes I think my system doesn’t pick u the barrels so duncraig gives me the most “why did I just die” moments.
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Reqence wrote:What cheap dunc farming build would you recommend?

Bowazon
Neutraldin
UHM Vessel spec
Rising Dawn Pally
Any caster sorc
Ekital
Grubber
310 | 11
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Heroebal wrote:Duncraig isn’t that bad for my assassin. Mainly the bottleneck spots are a pain. Also sometimes I think my system doesn’t pick u the barrels so duncraig gives me the most “why did I just die” moments.

Yes, it runs duncraig fine without issues but it's pretty bad anywhere past 120 zones.
Reqence
Destroyer
6 | 0
Ekital wrote:

Bowazon
Neutraldin
UHM Vessel spec
Rising Dawn Pally
Any caster sorc

Thanks!
ureiz
Dark Huntress
12 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Istaryu wrote:
Ekital wrote:
Istaryu wrote:
Heroebal wrote:I had a rift goblin in teganze straight up drop a jaxis rune. Would making a lily helmet (
Lily (Xis)
) be worth it for this build or should I just stick with(
Witchhunter's Hood
Witchhunter's Hood
Cap (Sacred)

Defense: (2136 - 2611) to (2161 - 2642)
Required Level: 90
Required Strength:
Item Level: 1
+(80 to 120)% Enhanced Defense
10% to Strength
10% to Dexterity
Maximum Elemental Resists +2%
Elemental Resists +(31 to 40)%
Physical Resist 5%
(16 to 20)% Bonus to Defense
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Witchhunter's Attire
(Assassin Claw Set)
)

That helm is pretty bad, i would not recomment.

Ekital wrote:Meh the build is kinda deadish. The fauzt clearspeed is very lackluster considering the gearing.

Even with 12k dex and 18k maelstrom damage it just feels lackluster considering the investment.

https://tsw.vn.cz/acc/char.php?name=DextrousCunt

Maximum damage you're going to push is maybe 20-22k but it's kinda whatever.

This build was never meant to be a great fauzt farmer, but it doesnt mean its bad because it doesnt do great at something.

Well.. the problem is that it's only good at duncraig. Not great for labs because it requires crazy dex scaling which makes life/resistance scaling close to impossible. Not great at early ladder due to the dexterity stacking requirement and reliance on charms. Not great for bosses because it doesn't really have high dps and relies on a multihit. Not good at fauzt so what is it good for? Dunc? Even for dunc there are much better choices. I just think the damage at the high-end gear is just too lackluster which prevents you from pushing this build into higher tier content. But to each their own I guess, if you want to buy 20x UMOs every season to barely do basic shit that other builds can do then hey go for it.

I didnt struggle early ladder, and i think its great for bossing. Damage is certainly not the best, but the high avoid and block chance allows you to make a lot of mistakes at bosses that most other builds cant afford. And i think 10min uldy kill without any umos doesnt scream garbage damage.

Bowzon is always gonna be the go to choice for fast dunc clears with low gear. Just a good crafted bow and tus/honorifics and its faster than most other builds at similar or slightly higher investment.

this is the reason i'm really enjoying this build, this was my league starter and i'm still going strong and have done content I never tried before
Heroebal
Rust Claw
88 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I’ve been running fautz alright, also did Bremmtown a bit ( haven’t tried to get charm yet), and also been doing triune for cycles. The times I have issues is if they’re camping right on top the front entrance to start of fautz. Other times I get in trouble is over-extending into groups of enemies going after goblins. Those little jerks love running deep into a piles of enemies.

I think atm I have hp issue which is why I hoped lily would pan out.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Early game, first item is level 59 runeword!!!!!!
Istaryu
Harpylisk
1441 | 58
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Javalad wrote:Early game, first item is level 59 runeword!!!!!!

-For weapons before Void, players can use whataver they find, mostly random runewords do the job. Making TU balanced knife is not worth, as you will just use Void asap-

I wrote this in the notes.
Javalad
Thunder Beetle
57 | 3
Istaryu wrote:
Javalad wrote:Early game, first item is level 59 runeword!!!!!!

-For weapons before Void, players can use whataver they find, mostly random runewords do the job. Making TU balanced knife is not worth, as you will just use Void asap-

I wrote this in the notes.

Thanks for answering. I decided to try it. I was lucky enough to find an icebird knife which is doing well for me. I know very little about assasins and am enjoying playing this. Playing it on HC and hope she can survive till I can start getting better gear.