Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
nemmate wrote:Nice guide. Do you use a merc with this build ? I have actually an act2 shapeshifter for tanking. Any other suggestion ?

I think shapeshifter is more for an end-game tanking, mostly labbing. Exemplar and Fighter Mage provide a bit of extra dmg (through Colosseum and Chronofield) and much more crowd control. But you should really just test out what suits you, mercs lvl so quickly so there is no downside to switch around.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Shapeshifter if you feel you need another tank (or aren't using VK), otherwise I would recommend Necrolyte for the debuff. It helps alot for both your survivability as well as his and VKs.
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Thank you, I will make some tests
rugby_1
Son of Lucion
724 | 4
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
As this guide hasn't been updated in a while, has there been any updates to the build or experience people can share? I'm running a Malice Necro now and wondering its end game potential for labs (I saw the video of the Samael kill but want to see if there is other content out there).
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
rugby_1 wrote:As this guide hasn't been updated in a while, has there been any updates to the build or experience people can share? I'm running a Malice Necro now and wondering its end game potential for labs (I saw the video of the Samael kill but want to see if there is other content out there).

Same here. I'm in mid game with some set and crafting items. The issue is the low defense (lowest in the necro builds). I think some SSU and xis runewords are the "must" items ('cause you need to fill the physical res with items too).
Kimjongilest93
Fallen
1 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey all, I know it's late in the season and this thread is pretty dead but I've been having an excellent time w/ Malicemancer. Got Uldyssian down a few days ago, farming my way up through labs and working on Void now. I need to boost my PR a little but I've got some ideas for that, the character seems really strong once it gets going with endgame gear/full sigs/good MO/jewels. Not the fastest farmer but the single-target damage gets really nutty with Bane and Dream Eater is really powerful sustain.
szumax12
Destroyer
6 | 0
Anyone playing malice necro in 2.0?
beatenergizer
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
szumax12 wrote:Anyone playing malice necro in 2.0?

Yeah I was thinking the same. Is it a viable build to play after 2.0?
Listerine
Acid Prince
45 | 5
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
With the new 2.0 update, I noticed there is a new runeword Necro shield - Twisted Mind. +1 to Bone Ripple projectile and up to %40 MF. Seems like a great farming item. Hoping to get it soon and try it out.

And yeah, malice necro plays well in 2.0 so far. I can comfortably farm dunc and teganze in mostly T4 gear. If I could just get my hands on a Black Masquerade...

That malice skill that auto kills enemies if they are nightmared, confuse cursed and poisoned... seems kinda bad :)
nemmate
Grubber
301 | 8
Listerine wrote:With the new 2.0 update, I noticed there is a new runeword Necro shield - Twisted Mind. +1 to Bone Ripple projectile and up to %40 MF. Seems like a great farming item. Hoping to get it soon and try it out.

And yeah, malice necro plays well in 2.0 so far. I can comfortably farm dunc and teganze in mostly T4 gear. If I could just get my hands on a Black Masquerade...

That malice skill that auto kills enemies if they are nightmared, confuse cursed and poisoned... seems kinda bad :)

I actually play with melee necro (2 handed). But I think for some ubers I will respec for malice. In the old patch it was awesome for farming Astrogha trophy. Have a nice game!!