The MaliceMancer

DTD_Hiro
Invader
8 | 0
I think I must be doing something wrong - I haven't played D2 in decades and I'm brand new to Median-XL, so the probability is high that I simply don't understand what I'm doing here, but...
I'm level 50 and I only have Boneyard as an attack and two passives. I can't invest any higher into the other listed skills until I level.
Is this the way you should be leveling? I have tons of unused skill points but no other skills are mentioned that should be taken that I can get to at this point.

Help a noob out?
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The maximum amount of points you can invest in a skill starts at 2 and increases by 1 for every 6 character levels. So at level 50 you should be able to get Boneyard to level 10 (2+(50/6) rounded down).

And you should be able to put points into everything except for Veil King (lvl 90). Early levels you usually end up with a few spare points but they go away quickly when you have multiple skills that you have to put points into every 6 levels.
DTD_Hiro
Invader
8 | 0
Semigloss wrote:The maximum amount of points you can invest in a skill starts at 2 and increases by 1 for every 6 character levels. So at level 50 you should be able to get Boneyard to level 10 (2+(50/6) rounded down).

And you should be able to put points into everything except for Veil King (lvl 90). Early levels you usually end up with a few spare points but they go away quickly when you have multiple skills that you have to put points into every 6 levels.

Thanks for the reply,

Are you saying that I should be putting points into other skills in order to gain access to the noted skills in this build?
Vagabondage
Acid Prince
49 | 0
Make a screenshot of your tree.
The way you describe it, it sounds like your tree is "blocked", that should not be happening.
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
DTD_Hiro wrote:
Semigloss wrote:The maximum amount of points you can invest in a skill starts at 2 and increases by 1 for every 6 character levels. So at level 50 you should be able to get Boneyard to level 10 (2+(50/6) rounded down).

Thanks for the reply,

Are you saying that I should be putting points into other skills in order to gain access to the noted skills in this build?

You must put atleast 1 point into the skills that come before. So to get Dream Eater you must have a point in the other 4 skills before it (Boneyard, Night Walker, Rotting Flesh and Pestilence).

At level 50, no skills are off-limits to you except for the skills on the "Rewards" skill tab.
DTD_Hiro
Invader
8 | 0
Thank you,

Grabbed those skills at 1 point and things are much better.

I did have 1 other question.

In the early game section it says to try to get Akara's Robe for armor. I can't find a single reference to this item. Is it obtained in some special way?
Kiruha1991
Destroyer
7 | 0
DTD_Hiro wrote:In the early game section it says to try to get Akara's Robe for armor. I can't find a single reference to this item. Is it obtained in some special way?

You can get Akara's Robe as a quest reward for saving Deckard Cain
Semigloss
Onyx Knight
600 | 26
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
rcarson15 wrote:Any Fauzt updates on how it went?

Just added info for Fautz. It's not too bad, Boneyard is definitely the way to go.
rcarson15
Vampiress
37 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Semigloss wrote:
rcarson15 wrote:Any Fauzt updates on how it went?

Just added info for Fautz. It's not too bad, Boneyard is definitely the way to go.

Yeah I've made a couple Fautz runs, definitely nailed it with the going slow with death eater. Havent respeced to boneyard to try, but will have to give it a go for better results. Still incredibly squishy on the Harpydisk things (and Necrobots of course, but who isnt?)
xeimaster08
Bone Archer
78 | 0
Why are we using "leathers" as bases for shrine crafting? Any reason why it has to be the leathers?
Also for wand and shield - any wand, any necromancer shield?