Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
iamq1803 wrote:
Whitty wrote:I have been following this guide for a while now, but I cant seem to find an amulet with lightning arena, do you have any tips?

Just keep farming (TA, Fautz...), socket and MO your items with magic find :)

Yeah that's good advice! If you cant farm those in destruction yet you could try tcows or tfautz as well. Or if you're on realm you could try to trade for one.
JetJet
Abomination
149 | 0
Just found out you could have 2sk sin skills on greeves IMO worth having low pierce and light to roll it.
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
JetJet wrote:Just found out you could have 2sk sin skills on greeves IMO worth having low pierce and light to roll it.

Thanks for pointing that out, you're absolutely correct and I've edited the boots sections to include +2 Assassin Skills.

Ideally you'd want high everything, but I think you're right that the extra skills play more of a part than the pierce and light spell dmg.
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
Hey Vade!

I know, that I can count on you when it comes to assassins (we had a little talk via youtube comments :bounce: )
Sooooo, with the new reward skill, do you think it will be worth investing (or even maxing) in it?
So the new style would be prebuff with shadow refuge + bloodbath (since it gets us damage reduction as well) and then go to business as usual.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance my man!
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AnubisQQ wrote:Hey Vade!

I know, that I can count on you when it comes to assassins (we had a little talk via youtube comments :bounce: )
Sooooo, with the new reward skill, do you think it will be worth investing (or even maxing) in it?
So the new style would be prebuff with shadow refuge + bloodbath (since it gets us damage reduction as well) and then go to business as usual.

What do you think?

Thanks in advance my man!

Absolutely!

Previously we had unused points that got dumped into a secondary damage dealer, those points should now go into the next skill. This is a fantastic addition to the assassins arsenal!

I will be making this sin again and can update you when I do but it looks like solid gold for us!

Cheers!
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
Alright, thank you!

I still have a few questions though!

Did you drop Thiefling Form in late mid/end game (so walking instead of running)?
Are you still using your Merc when you are using Phase Bomb?

I'm playing your assassin right now, but I'm slow and not very good at the game.
But I'd really appreaciate your updates!

Thanks again!
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AnubisQQ wrote:Alright, thank you!

I still have a few questions though!

Did you drop Thiefling Form in late mid/end game (so walking instead of running)?
Are you still using your Merc when you are using Phase Bomb?

I'm playing your assassin right now, but I'm slow and not very good at the game.
But I'd really appreaciate your updates!

Thanks again!

I found that the mobility of running was worth the defense loss all throughout. Afaik def still works when standing still, maybe someone can clarify that for us. I used both blood age and abjure with phase bomb, neither of them die from it.

Keep at it, it's a difficult build to master but super fun when you get good at it!
AnubisQQ
Vampiress
37 | 4
https://skillplan.median-xl.com/planner?id=0C9VKiA0

What do you think about that skillplan? I really hate phase bomb, since I have to prebuff twice now and more often than not kill myself which makes it kinda unfun to play. Do you think that will work? Should I Take points away from Fireball Sentry and put them into blink instead?
I also noticed, that WotG doesn't show lightning spell dmg% (like WotS and WotP) in the description, does it even make sense to put points into that then?

Thank you vade, really! I don't have anyone else to ask, I really appreciate your answers!
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
AnubisQQ wrote:https://skillplan.median-xl.com/planner?id=0C9VKiA0

What do you think about that skillplan? I really hate phase bomb, since I have to prebuff twice now and more often than not kill myself which makes it kinda unfun to play. Do you think that will work? Should I Take points away from Fireball Sentry and put them into blink instead?
I also noticed, that WotG doesn't show lightning spell dmg% (like WotS and WotP) in the description, does it even make sense to put points into that then?

Thank you vade, really! I don't have anyone else to ask, I really appreciate your answers!

Unless it was changed, WotG does give you lightning spell dmg. Since you're not using phase you will need a secondary dmg dealer for the immune, so that skill plan looks good just how it is.
Grasshopper
Azure Drake
166 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
@AnubisQQ. I have been through the same line of thinking at the present time.

I have been leveling then playing as LL according to Nitz's guide and started finding some difficulties:

1. LL has too many areas where you have nowhere to stick it.
    2. Tiefling does not give enough in return for so many points. Defence = 0 is bad, but at least I can run. I wonder if I need defence with new passive anyway?
    3. Phase Bomb has so many issues. Can kill self (when using Shadow Refuge) and summons and it seems it may not break immunity anyway since only -25% (Some monsters have > 125% immunity???). And the mechanic of the skill is too slow in combat.

So I was thinking along same lines as your build. But I have some thoughts/comments:

1. Why not at least 1 point in Vampiric Icon?

2. If using Fire Sentry as backup skill I think I would not want a fire merc. So I am also considering a barb merc (since no PB). is that a good idea? Abjurer is pointless if using Light Sentry and I think the cold Act 3 merc is not very good still?
    Act 1 merc possible but it would be useful to have a tank in front of a caster. I am assuming that the summons will still be weak even without PB since they are not buffed with minion resists or life (perhaps this could be a good place to use any available MO space?).

3. My expectation with WotG is that it would give the +10% per level to lightning damage from spells but the flat damage is weapon damage so we would not get that (except when using Shadow Refuge of course).

4. It may also make Shadow Refuge not so worthwhile since Nitz recommended 50% damage reduction between this skill and others (what is EQ by the way?). Again, perhaps not needed with new passive.

5. The overall downside is giving up a 1 point secondary skill such as PB and replacing with Fireball Sentry (and WotG needs more points since it will not be a 1-point skill I imagine). But we have some free now from Tiefling of course. So. Regarding choice of secondary skills...

Possible secondary skills:

Hailstorm from amulet. It could also be a useful helper skill for bosses.
Unfortunately I wanted to use Black Dwarf as amulet (but its Supernova skill would not work here as alternative to Electrofield). Psionic Storm is possible. It has a small area of effect and costs a lot of mana especially when it has to be cast many times on fast moving enemies. Overall it does seem just about ok.

Psionic Storm. Also gives access to psionic Scream which may be useful when lots of monsters come all at once.

Fireball Sentry. Many skill points and may need some gear and MOs. Is it effective without +fire %damage and -enemy fire resistance?

Overall I'm tempted by Psioinc Storm since there is no need or possibility to gear for it (magic damage). Is there a reason this would be a bad choice? Sorry for so many questions. I need more experience at this game as yet.

By the way. What did you mean by "I have to buff twice now" (with phase bomb)?
Edited by Grasshopper 6 years.