Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Disclaimer
This is a miniguide! If you are looking for a full guide, its not here. I prefer spending my time playing the game rather than spending hours editing a text file. If you have questions, feel free to leave them here or message me in game /w *Vade. Thanks for understanding!

Hey guys, I was the second player to hit level 121 in the Median XL 2017 realm ladder and I've been receiving a lot of pms asking what build I'm using. Here's a brief rundown of the setup that got me there, enjoy! :flip:

(also, apologies for the poor video quality. OBS didn't like the low resolution)

Gear

Weapon -
Anarchy

Anarchy
Assassin Claws

'SolCham'
Runeword Level: 83
+(3 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
40% Cast Speed
+(21 to 25)% to Fire Spell Damage
+(21 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
Maximum Life +5%
+(61 to 75) to Mana
Maximum Mana +20%
+(26 to 30) Mana after each Kill
in any claw, damage doesn't matter for us
Shield -
Dar-Al-Harb
Dar-Al-Harb
Assassin Shields

'FalUm'
Runeword Level: 58
+(3 to 4) to Assassin Skill Levels
15% Cast Speed
0.25% to Fire Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
0.25% to Lightning Spell Damage (Based on Character Level)
+(16 to 19) to Summon Darklings
+(19 to 22) to Skeletal Flayer
+25 to Dexterity
5% to Dexterity
+25 to Energy
Elemental Resists +10%
in t6 totem shield, defense also doesn't matter for us
Helm -
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 392
Item Level: 105
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
no worries if you don't have it, ornate craft a sacred circlet for +2 skills, high light damage and -enemy light res
Body - Ornate crafted and blessed quilted armor. Look for +2 skills, high light damage and -enemy light res
Gloves - Ornate crafted and blessed leather gloves. Look for high light damage and -enemy light res
Boots - Ornate crafted and blessed boots. Look for +2 Assassin skills, high light damage and -enemy light res
Belt -
Ashaera's Armor
Ashaera's Armor
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
Required Strength: 575
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+500 Defense
(11 to 15)% to Energy
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (2)
or
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
+(172 to 200)% Enhanced Defense
Physical Resist 10%
the dr is mainly what we want here, if you can get Ashaeras, great!
Amulet - Ideally +3 skill rare(upgraded to +4), Lightning Arena skill, high light damage and -enemy light res.
Rings - ideally +1 skill rare, high light damage and -enemy light res (reanimates are a big plus too!)

MO every single piece with lightning damage! I went with damage reduced by 6 MOs for most remaining slots
Fill every socket with a Zod crafted jewel (aim for at least 2% spell damage, FCR is great too. Don't drive yourself crazy trying to make all perfect jewels)

Mercenary

A3 Bloodmage

All armor will be high defense sacred honorifics, keep an eye out for Gauntlets, Greaves, Ancient Armor, Crown, Bone Shield, and Plated Belt
MO all armor with % Fire Spell Damage and % Enhanced Defense
Add Zod crafted jewels before you add any more MOs (the jewels will raise the level req)
Fill rest of MO space with strength (strength raises his spell damage)

His weapon will be an honorific sword
MO with % Fire Spell Damage and % Faster Cast Rate
Add Zod crafted jewels before you add any more MOs (the jewels will raise the level req)
Fill rest of MO space with strength

Amulet - I use Doom proc amulet with +2 skills, look for something like +3 skills, % Fire Spell Damage and -% Enemy Fire Res

Skill Tree

Smax Perfect Being (% to avoid damage passive)
Smax Tiefling Form (Gives us life and dex)
Smax Electrofield Sentry (Duh)
Smax Way of the Gryphon (% lightning spell dmg ) most people recommend Phase Bomb, this is just my preference.
9 points Blink (Teleport and stun, 9 points gets us to 2.6 sec cooldown. Any more points is inefficient due to diminishing returns)
1 point Shadow Refuge (Melee attack, gives us run/walk speed and hefty damage reduction for a short time)

After you have all of those, decide on your secondary damage dealer

I'm using Psionic Storm but Fireball Sentry is great too!
Dump the rest of your points in one of these, if you are able to smax Fireball Sentry dump remaining points into Way of the Pheonix

Endgame

Gear

Weapon -
Thunderclaw
Hands down our best option here, just perfect for us :flip: Thanks marco or whoever for making this item!
Shield -

Shields

'IgnFulGla'
Runeword Level: 100
+1 to All Skills
45% Cast Speed
45% Hit Recovery
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Lightning Resistance
-(27 to 30)% to Enemy Cold Resistance
(16 to 25)% Magic Find
Requirements +25%
-%Enemy Light Res is great here! Worth losing our summons.
Helm -
Royal Circlet
Royal Circlet
Tiara (Sacred)

Defense: (1740 - 1957) to (1968 - 2214)
Required Dexterity: 392
+2 to All Skills
+50% Damage to Demons
+50% Damage to Undead
+(140 to 170)% Enhanced Defense
(21 to 25)% to All Attributes
Elemental Resists +(25 to 30)%
Physical Resist 5%
(21 to 25)% Magic Find
Socketed (4)
no worries if you don't have it, ornate craft a sacred circlet for +2 skills, high light damage and -%Enemy Light Res
Body -
Natasha's Legacy (Xis)
Highest rolls we can get! -% Enemy Resistances and DR are main stats to look for here
Gloves - Ornate crafted and blessed Gauntlets. Look for high light damage and -%Enemy Light Res
Boots - Ornate crafted and blessed Greaves. Look for +2 Assassin skills, high light damage and -%Enemy Light Res
Belt -
Ashaera's Armor
Ashaera's Armor
Belt (Sacred)

Defense: 1687 to 1760
Required Strength: 575
+(21 to 25) Spell Focus
+(11 to 15)% to Spell Damage
+500 Defense
(11 to 15)% to Energy
Elemental Resists +(10 to 15)%
Physical Resist 10%
Socketed (2)
or
Truce
Truce
Belts

'Jah'
Runeword Level: 80
5% Combat Speeds
Stun Attack
Slows Attacker by 5%
Physical Resist 10%
the dr is mainly what we want here, if you can get Ashaeras, great!
Amulet - Ideally +3 skill rare (upgraded to +4), Lightning Arena skill, high light damage and -%Enemy Light Res
Rings - ideally +1 skill rare, high light damage and -%Enemy Light Res (reanimates are a big plus too!)

MO every single piece (except Natasha's :P just don't do that) with lightning damage! I went with damage reduced by 6 MOs for most remaining slots
Fill every socket with a either [zod]lightning damage or [tir]%Magic Find jewels (personal taste i suppose, this is my main farming char so i go with mf)

Skill Tree

Smax Perfect Being (% to avoid damage passive)
Smax Blink (1.8 second timer is incredibly op in so many situations)
Smax Electrofield Sentry (Duh)
Smax Phase Bomb (because everyone was right all along :P)
1 point Shadow Refuge (Melee attack, gives us run/walk speed and hefty damage reduction for a short time)
1 point Vampiric Icon

After you have all of those, decide on your secondary damage dealer

I went with Fireball Sentry for endgame, but you can use whatever tickles your fancy
(With Phase Bomb we rarely, if ever need to use our secondary)

Big credits go to Nitz (for his Limpet Laser Sin Guide) and *Zennith for being a hell of a guy and helping my sorry ass(assin) become not total garbage! (also keeping me sane during the long hours of mooo moooooo moo mooooo mooo...)
Edited by Vade 6 years.
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
the video is nice but many people like reading stuff, so maybe a paragraph listing the gears and another one listing skills would be nice.
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
The doom amulet on the merc shouldn't work.

You could try ornate crafting a claw and shield with +20 to nova bomb and see if it clears faster/deals more dmg.
Kai
Thunder Beetle
56 | 2
Phase bomb can break monsters' immunity, one of the best skills. So you should abandon queen of blades and be careful when using shadow refuge. Nice video.
matdoo
Cog
239 | 29
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
wow It looks really fun!
can I play this build as a starter character?
I'm pretty new this game
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Rishab wrote:the video is nice but many people like reading stuff, so maybe a paragraph listing the gears and another one listing skills would be nice.

Sure thing, I usually like reading guides too. Just too lazy to type the whole thing out.

Kai wrote:Phase bomb can break monsters' immunity, one of the best skills. So you should abandon queen of blades and be careful when using shadow refuge. Nice video.

I may give it a try, the conundrum is that I'd be losing 54% light spell damage, and also I couldn't run with my mercenary. He casts punisher which would kill him if it hit a phased enemy. With the merc his killspeed is good enough to deal with most light immunes :D

Nitz wrote:The doom amulet on the merc shouldn't work.

You could try ornate crafting a claw and shield with +20 to nova bomb and see if it clears faster/deals more dmg.

The doom amulet does indeed proc because of his punisher spell. The fire spells don't proc but punisher does, definitely nice to have. (I have deadfall on him, and Shower of Rocks also procs)

I did try nova bomb like your guide suggests for qt, I wasn't able to get nearly as much dps with it over electrofield though. Plus I'm not too fond of the ramp up time, I like sentry for dealing damage immediately.

matdoo wrote:wow It looks really fun!
can I play this build as a starter character?
I'm pretty new this game

It is a fun build! Nitz recommends in his guide to level as nagi sin then switch to casting later on. That would probably be easier, but I did level as a caster and it worked out just fine. Just know that you will be squishy, with low levels you wont have nearly as much avoid as I have in the video. Soooo just be careful and blink a lot!
Nitz
Harpylisk
1476 | 57
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Vade wrote:I may give it a try, the conundrum is that I'd be losing 54% light spell damage, and also I couldn't run with my mercenary. He casts punisher which would kill him if it hit a phased enemy. With the merc his killspeed is good enough to deal with most light immunes :D

Nah punisher is a poison spell - no WDM - he survives.

The doom amulet does indeed proc because of his punisher spell. The fire spells don't proc but punisher does, definitely nice to have. (I have deadfall on him, and Shower of Rocks also procs)

Right, poison kills proc on kill stuff.

I did try nova bomb like your guide suggests for qt, I wasn't able to get nearly as much dps with it over electrofield though. Plus I'm not too fond of the ramp up time, I like sentry for dealing damage immediately.

Try it just for the cow level - it has a high range and dmg you should be able to run cows much faster. Anything above 5 minutes is way to slow.

I did level as a caster and it worked out just fine. Just know that you will be squishy, with low levels you wont have nearly as much avoid as I have in the video. Soooo just be careful and blink a lot!

I would use fireball sentry for leveling, in my opinion it's faster and nicer because of the range. It's a pretty good starter actually, nothing compared to nagi but who wants to run nagi sin every ladder? For bosses electrofield rules.
Edited by Nitz 6 years.
shnurr214
Ice Clan
597 | 47
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
nice little guide +1 man
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Nitz wrote:Nah punisher is a poison spell - no WDM - he survives.

Ah okay, wasn't sure if it was a WDM based skill or not. Perhaps I'll give PB another go, it'd be sad to lose that extra light dmg though.

Nitz wrote:Try it just for the cow level - it has a high range and dmg you should be able to run cows much faster. Anything above 5 minutes is way to slow.

I'll try to roll a better claw and commit to it, see how it goes.
Vade
Vampiress
39 | 7
Great Popularity Badge
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
shnurr214 wrote:nice little guide +1 man