The Uber's Bible

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
Somnus
Insomniac
929 | 44
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
W.I.P. Before starting to read, from the introduction up until destruction, its up to date. BUT. From Destruction forward, most ubers are not updated (will do ASAP), some ubers still unchanged since XVI, so you will be able to apply the same strategies to defeat them. KEEP THAT IN MIND. STILL WIP.

by Somnus

Image[0]

Image[1]

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen, to the updated Uber's bible for MXL2017. We are gonna cover ALL the Ubers, challenges and minigames for this last patch.

What does this bible has to offer?
  • A comprehensive/straight to the point Uber's guide.
  • A simple/easy way for new players to understand all the ubers in this game and, at the same time, a deep knowledge for advanced players.

Image[2]
Image[2.1]

Since MXL17 patch, LC1(LevelChallenge1) is now the first challenge (rip Volrath). Fear do not! Professor glasses is here to help you.

What do I need for this uber?
  • Level 50 or lower, don't surpass it or you wont be able to cube the charm.
  • Some basic TU's/Stats like 6k-8k defense (depending if you are ranged or melee), some meatshields, or some way to stun-lock the amazons (spamming skills as a caster works, they have really bad fhr).
  • You need to know ''where'' [A2 → Dry hills → Halls of the dead → Twin seas → Tran Athulua]
  • You need a MAP!
  • It's useful to have Blink (or any teleport source) to jump over the walls or just to blink away from danger/big packs. By using a ''Pax Mystica'' runeword on your 2nd weapon you can achieve this easily. You can do this uber without blinks/teleports.

How does this uber work?
  • TA(Tran Athulua) is filled with Amazon archers (they deal decent damage) and some snakes.
  • There is a ''boss'' on the entrance, a ''Pirate of the Twin seas''. He drops a charm called ''Elemental Prism'', you'll need it to complete the challenges. And as always, you don't need to identify to transmute stuff.
    ► Show Spoiler
  • These 3 bosses are surrounded by armies of Amazon archers, so dont jump into big packs.
  • Each boss drops an unique Sunstone and gives you an unique swirl(you cant use fire priestess swirl to cube the ice sunstone with the Elemental Prism and so on) cube it with the Elemental Prism. Be careful, you have 30 seconds to cube it or the swirl will go off. Dying will also turn it off, as always.
    ► Show Spoiler
  • Each boss (priestess) is immune to its named element. Priestess of fire(fire immune), priestess of ice(cold immune) and priestess of thunder(lightning immune). They use Phalanx skill(Avoid at all cost or R.I.P), tremor(lowering your hp by %) and ice, fire or thunder nova on death.
Notes:
You dont get experience in Tran Athulua, so, dont worry leveling up over 50 in here.

Image[2.2]

Last challenge on Hatred difficulty. This one its easy if you know how it works, so, let's go.

• Maximum level 80.
  • Two maps :D New one & Old one. Make sure to check it out to know where are the totems.
  • Gear check, fhr, defenses etc.
How does this uber work?
  • There are totems across the map, they give full immunity to all enemies in a radius. Destroy them so you can kill the mobs.
  • The map is full of skeletons archers, skeletons warriors.
  • There are 3 Bosses(Ennead Necromancers), one necromancer per corner but the one you appear on. They use Miasma(poison skill that reduces movement speed)
  • Each Boss will randomly drop one class charm, sometimes it's a bit frustrating. Just keep trying till you get yours. Once you have your ClassCharm, cube it with a jewel (maximum level 80). This time you dont need swirls or have a timer.
► Show Spoiler

Notes:
As you could read, unlike LC1(LevelChallenge1), there's not much into this challenge. Just make sure you don't get swarmed by immune skeletons(you will need %faster hit recovery, so cube your gear with some Mystic Orbs)

Image[3]
Image[3.1]

First challenge on Terror difficulty, often known as Binding of Baal, it's a bit harder for some classes(MeleeQQ) but don't worry, you can do it!

• Maximum level 90.
  • Terror Act3 → Flayer Jungle → Swampy Pit Level 3.
  • Where is it located? here! I recommend opening a portal on the safe blue circle zone.
  • Any perfect gem ready to cube with your class charm.
How does this uber work?
  • Death Projector shots a spinning Mind Flay (yes, the paladin skill) in a clockwise/anticlockwise direction.
  • In order to kill it, keep dodging the ray and keep the mechanics (the untargetable mobs) close to the boss, because they remove it's shield. You can lure away the big pack and bring back only 1-2 mechanics. Just keep circling, and beware, the direction of the ray changes with each cast.
  • Once you killed it you'll get a swirl, as always, you have a timer to upgrade the charm (30 seconds), and if you die you'll lose it. Cube the CC with the Perfect Gem and voilà! Now it's upgraded :)

Notes:
You gain no experience on Terror difficulty from Death Projector itself. Keep trying until you succeed!

Image[3.2]

There are 2 minigames:

► MINIGAME 1, WITCH QUEEN
► MINIGAME 2, MIRROR MIRROR

Image[3.3]

There are 2 kinds of Monster Tokens:

► Veteran Tokens
► Act Boss Tokens

Image[3.4]

This is the last challenge on Terror, 2 of the 5 stages are a bit difficult without lvl 120, some basic charms from Destruction and some signets (around 200~) get as much as you can. Difficulty might vary depending on the class you are using. I'm gonna list the stages ordered by difficulty:

► Show Spoiler

Image[4]
Image[4.1]

If you are reading this, congratulations, you've made it! :) Here's where MedianXL shines, DESTRUCTION. Tons of ubers and content.
How are they listed?
  • Ubers will be listed by documentation order.
  • Colors from green to red for difficulty levels.

Image[4.2]

• To get these charms you must be in Destruction difficulty.
  • Killing Ubers like Vizjun, Startled Witch and Uldyssian requires Purify skill from
    Assur's Bane
    Assur's Bane
    Assur's Bane (Sacred)

Required Level: 100
    +1 to All Skills
    Adds 7-13 damage
    +150% Damage to Undead
    +1 to Purify
    Increase Maximum Life and Mana 10%
    +2 to Light Radius

(can be found in Duncraig Uberlevel) or from Uldyssian's Sword (Uldyssian's charm).

► Death Projector

► Creature of Flame

► Infernal Machine

► Rathma Square

► Azmodan

► Cathedral of Vanity

► Vizjun

► Toraja

► Startled Witch

► Uldyssian

► The Void

Image[4.3]

What do I need for these ubers?
  • In order to summon these ubers, you need a Book of Summoning. You will find this item after killing The Summoner on Terror difficulty. This book grants you a new skill, dark summonings, cast the skill in the right area to summon the boss.
  • Brother Laz requires Purify skill from
    Assur's Bane
    Assur's Bane
    Assur's Bane (Sacred)

+1 to All Skills
    Adds 7-13 damage
    +150% Damage to Undead
    +1 to Purify
    +2 to Light Radius

(can be found in Duncraig Uberlevel) or from Uldyssian's Sword (Uldyssian's charm).
► The Butcher

► The Binding of Baal

► Assault on Mount Arreat

► Akarat

► Legacy of Blood

► Lord Aldric Jitan

► Judgment Day

► Zorun Tzin

► ARCHBISHOP LAZARUS

► Secret Inarius Revenge

Image[4.4]

• Killing Assur will require Purify skill from
    Assur's Bane
    Assur's Bane
    Assur's Bane (Sacred)

+1 to All Skills
    Adds 7-13 damage
    +150% Damage to Undead
    +1 to Purify
    +2 to Light Radius

(can be found in Duncraig Uberlevel, combining the 5 seals from the mini-bosses with the ring) or from Uldyssian's Sword (Uldyssian's charm).

► Kurast 3000 BA

► Island of the Sunless Sea

► Khalimgrad

► Tran Athulua

► Fauztinville

► The Triune

► The Unformed Land

► Kingdom of Shadow

► Ghosts of Old Bremmtown

► Duncraig

► Yshari Sanctum

► Wretched Hive

Image[4.5]

• In order to summon some of these ubers, you need a Book of Summoning. You will find this item after killing The Summoner on Terror difficulty. This book grants you a new skill, dark summonings, cast the skill in the right area to summon the boss.
  • Ubers like Bull Prince Rodeo, Belial and Astrogha can appear on the map random and they can be summoned by Dark Summoning skill from the Book of Summoning.

► Bull Prince Rodeo

► Quov Tsin

► Belial

► Athulua

► Astrogha

► Kabraxis

Image[5]

• You can check my stream here I will be streaming 24 7 as soon as I get the bible and the assassin guide ready (so I can update it). I will stream from lvl 1 solo self found Assassin until end game all ubers.
  • And of course, you can check my youtube channel in which I will update all walkthrough so we got it permanent (twitch deletes it after a month).
If you like the content and want to give support, just follow/sub. It's really appreciate it! You can also check too my Somnus's Lair for info/updates/guides/walkthrough etc.

► Show Spoiler

Image[6]

Here I'll keep the updates/changes to the guide as well as the progress I'm doing.

► Changelog

Image[7]

Marco for the Alpha testing opportunity and this new version.
Rishab for his unconditional love/support. Couldn't do this without him!
Aahz too for recovering my stuff from the void.
All the people responsible for this to happen!
ALL HAIL MEDIAN XL!
Somnus.
Edited by Somnus 1 month.
Jakkt
Sasquatch
67 | 7
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Somnus, you depressing son of a biscuit!

This is epic. Thank you for your dedication to making my life easier.
Sir Legar
Bone Archer
70 | 4
This is looking good, good job!
arcology
Lava Lord
94 | 7
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Nice, should be useful, but keep in mind that It's = it is / it has, I see many errors there.
Somnus
Insomniac
929 | 44
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
Finally, I completed it and it didnt broke! Fuck bb code :C

Jakkt wrote:Somnus, you depressing son of a biscuit!

This is epic. Thank you for your dedication to making my life easier.

I'm just trying to help ><!

Sir Legar wrote:This is looking good, good job!

Thanks! I'm glad you like it :)

arcology wrote:Nice, should be useful, but keep in mind that It's = it is / it has, I see many errors there.

I haven't corrected any grammar/typos yet, finished guide will be polished, as always. Thanks for your time/feedback <3

Thanks guys, really appreciate it! Going to eat now, need soup :D
KalodecoiaTV
Prowler
19 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
In the Kingdom of Shadow section it recommends getting 95% poison resist. Wasn't the maximum resist lowered in MXL 2017?

Great write up by the way!
Somnus
Insomniac
929 | 44
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
KalodecoiaTV wrote:In the Kingdom of Shadow section it recommends getting 95% poison resist. Wasn't the maximum resist lowered in MXL 2017?

Great write up by the way!

As stated on top of the guide:
''W.I.P. Before starting to read, from the introduction up until destruction, its up to date. BUT. From Destruction forward, most ubers are not updated (will do ASAP), some ubers still unchanged since XVI, so you will be able to apply the same strategies to defeat them. KEEP THAT IN MIND. STILL WIP.''

I still have to change a lot of stuff, don't worry ^^
Thanks for your time and feedback, really appreciate it !
dprazak
Stygian Watcher
43 | 2
@somnus when you get to it, don't forget priestess in TA can cast tremor and phalanx 8-) Looks like the guide is coming together nicely. Good work!
Somnus
Insomniac
929 | 44
Common Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Great Guide Badge
dprazak wrote:@somnus when you get to it, don't forget priestess in TA can cast tremor and phalanx 8-) Looks like the guide is coming together nicely. Good work!

Don't worry, everything is under control! :D

Thanks for feedback and your time, glad you like it :)
Leerek
Lava Lord
90 | 5
Khalimgrad has butcher's text, check that out.
Overall, really like the guide and the ammout of detail.