The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Serge91 wrote:Anyway, i wanted to ask these things:
1) runewords: in order to do a runeword, i need a grey item with at least two sockets, and fill the socket with jewels (not gems) before putting the rune, right? It's not very clear on the documentation, it's a bit generic on what things you can put to fill sockets...
Any other tip is welcome
Thanks in advance for the help!

It can be a 1socket item with just the rune as well, but otherwise yes you need to use jewels to fill the sockets before adding the rune(s). This is directly on the runewords document page

https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/items/runewords

As for the rest, i cant help you there lol.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
you can keep the /players 8 with no problem all over hatred . only put less starting with act 2 terror to avoid missing level challenge 2 . you can actualy reach to lvl 120 before Destruction , so unless you are aiming for level challanges , your goal is to level up as soon as possible to the max in order to be able to equip better gear and have stronger spells / faster access to the uberskill

1. the grey item only needs 1 socket to make the runeword . you can just socket the rune there and it is done , no need to have any jewels . only put jewels if the item has more than 1 socket

2. you got the skillplans embeded in the miniguide , they all got 3 pages you can see by clicking on the right side of them

good luck !
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:you can keep the /players 8 with no problem all over hatred . only put less starting with act 2 terror to avoid missing level challenge 2 . you can actualy reach to lvl 120 before Destruction , so unless you are aiming for level challanges , your goal is to level up as soon as possible to the max in order to be able to equip better gear and have stronger spells / faster access to the uberskill

1. the grey item only needs 1 socket to make the runeword . you can just socket the rune there and it is done , no need to have any jewels . only put jewels if the item has more than 1 socket

2. you got the skillplans embeded in the miniguide , they all got 3 pages you can see by clicking on the right side of them

good luck !

Oh my god, i thought they were just images.

Ok ill put p8 again then.

Thanks a lot mate!
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
no. 41 StrongBow - (x)bow druid - updated to 1.3
jasiunas
Cultist
24 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Chuck, why should i use Punishers with Jumping Jack, when every mob around me gets poisoned by Pestilence anyway?
Futhermore, why use level 9 Punishers on Xorine's, which poison dmg should be rather low compared to Pestilence?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
jasiunas wrote:Hey Chuck, why should i use Punishers with Jumping Jack, when every mob around me gets poisoned by Pestilence anyway?
Futhermore, why use level 9 Punishers on Xorine's, which poison dmg should be rather low compared to Pestilence?
first because the kills done by Pestilence / AoD /SoR proc will trigger the procs "after kill" , so a 30% chance is very welcomed in crowded spots since your main attack is not such a good AoE killer as it's main purpose is for a single target killer - so the more procs , the better, the higher the chance to proc , the better . In crowded spots you just need to kill a few then start a proc chain reaction : SoR triggers Punishers after kill that may trigger SoR after kill , also the punishers can triger more punishers after kill , same as SoR may trigger more SoR and so on .
second , because while jumping you don't stay too long in one spot and the procs "after kill" will help you spread more damage as Pestilence will not always apply it's damage since you're jumping . even if the punishers are moving quite slow , they deliver serious damage on impact . Don't be mislead by the low level of the proc as it is comparable with maxed Pestilence even with no hard points into energy
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
As always, thanks for the guides and the huge number of builds to try fun things with!

Quick question - giving Lanaya / Twin Fangs sin a try, and I was wondering, when you say low ilvl abandoned craft, how low are you talking? Is it when they first start appearing in terror that you look for the first sacred boots/gloves/etc?

Also wondering how effective the build might be if I don't have a lot of abandoned shrines, how far the honorifics will carry me while I try to farm for them? I made a barb to 120 and farmed the first 10 or so uber charms but haven't really done any dedicated farming on it, iron spiral seems pretty boring to me so far and assassin is more active and fun. Should I try to farm up some more shrines first before trying this char, or would I be able to do the farming myself ?

I'm on multiplayer if that makes a difference, just playing solo.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Vyvanne wrote:As always, thanks for the guides and the huge number of builds to try fun things with!

Quick question - giving Lanaya / Twin Fangs sin a try, and I was wondering, when you say low ilvl abandoned craft, how low are you talking? Is it when they first start appearing in terror that you look for the first sacred boots/gloves/etc?

Also wondering how effective the build might be if I don't have a lot of abandoned shrines, how far the honorifics will carry me while I try to farm for them? I made a barb to 120 and farmed the first 10 or so uber charms but haven't really done any dedicated farming on it, iron spiral seems pretty boring to me so far and assassin is more active and fun. Should I try to farm up some more shrines first before trying this char, or would I be able to do the farming myself ?

I'm on multiplayer if that makes a difference, just playing solo.
how to get a low ilvl (if you read the cube recipes carefully) : Rare weapon/armor + rare amulet + rare ring → reroll item as level 1 rare item .

it has no importance when they start dropping , or where you find them , you need that recipe to turn their ilvl to a low value . that way the required level to wear will be low (somewhere around 50 +/- something ) and you will have a lot more MO space to use . if you click on the gear description (picture links) you will see what are they about / how much mo'ing you can use on them

with this recipe you won't be having the best crafts , as they get stronger with the ilvl (best for crafting are ilvl 99 as they can spawn with the most affixes on) , but having more MO space can boost your build a lot in between getting from Honorifics -> to ilvl 99 crafts (or even better gear) . https://docs.median-xl.com/doc/wiki/affixes . so the higher the ilvl , the more affixes you can get on the item , but since you mostly care about the %dexterity boost at that stage of the game , you can ditch the other affixes in the favour of having more MO space . being able to mo them with -40% requirements will allow you to wear them with not much strength investment (and still have a lot of mo space left after that) , that way you can focus your stat points into dexterity and energy instead of wasting them into strength without much benefits

the honorifics can carry you until a similar spot where your barb is , you can get the easy-medium difficulty charms with them on , but by that time i'm sure you can manage to get some low ilvl crafts (they are also called "lol crafts" ) . you only need the belt gloves and boots as low ilvl crafts . For the circlet , claw and shield which require just dexterity to equip , you can use normal crafts for better affixes

about farming shrines , she can manage well enough in places like terror Khalimgrad or K3KBA with just honorifics on in order to get them herself . you can get the full mid game gear on in just a couple of hours as you only need a handfull of abbandoned shrines

good luck !
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Wow, thanks very much for the prompt and detailed reply! Really been enjoying the character so far, it's playing very actively with making sure your buffs are up + positioning yourself so you don't just get instagibbed. Thanks again!
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Having a really tough time in terror. Currently in act 5 at about lvl 78 or so, and stuff just murders me. Have honorifics for helm, belt, gloves, and boots, T6 Queen of Glass. 200FHR, about 80-85 all res with pgems. Trying to play this untwinked so I don't have any charms yet except for the lvl 50 challenge. Getting murdered by just about everything - my damage is insane and I kill things very quickly, I just have no survivability- only about 15% block despite most of my points into dex, very low armor. Doing my best to always keep up SR and Bloodbath but anything that hits quickly and fast or if they are cold immune and avoiding being frozen by Limpets...