The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

cowking
Son of Lucion
715 | 81
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
That's because using tiefling form while leveling is retarded (just like chuck builds), even more so with 1p blink.
madgod
Gravedigger
193 | 11
Vyvanne wrote:Having a really tough time in terror. Currently in act 5 at about lvl 78 or so, and stuff just murders me. Have honorifics for helm, belt, gloves, and boots, T6 Queen of Glass. 200FHR, about 80-85 all res with pgems. Trying to play this untwinked so I don't have any charms yet except for the lvl 50 challenge. Getting murdered by just about everything - my damage is insane and I kill things very quickly, I just have no survivability- only about 15% block despite most of my points into dex, very low armor. Doing my best to always keep up SR and Bloodbath but anything that hits quickly and fast or if they are cold immune and avoiding being frozen by Limpets...

on top of what the other guy above me said, you shouldnt be in act 5 terror at lvl 78. thats a large part of why youre getting murdered. youre fighting like 30 levels low.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
first of all , the build does not use tiefling form at all , but as we all know cowking is retarded and he is not to be taken serious . i don't know where did he pull that shit , probably from the pile in his head

second , you are far behind with leveling . this is a SP compilation , therefore you play a SP designed build where you should be level 90 at mid terror LC 2 if you follow the general gameplay tips in the first post of the compilation and the /players settings , not to mention the increased drop chance of finding stuff . your level would be normal for early act 2 terror . for act 5 it's not enough .

actualy , the LC2 can be easy missed in SP if you don't do a bit of rush or decrease the/players setting, as you can easy get to level 100 since act 2 if you keep the /players 8 .

You are also missing the benefits of 3 seconds timer Vampiric Icon.

since your level is quite low, you probably could not MO the claw with enough LoA .

i have streamed the build untwinked from start to finish when it was updated , and it has no flaws . Sadly , playing it in MP is your only issue here , as you were not being able to set more /players and roll the build as it was designed/intended . same thing happened a few months ago when some guys wanted to play some of my builds on MP and the result was the same : way underleveled and undergeared -> failed.

what i would do at this point if i were you : try puting the low ilvl crafts on asap in order to boost the block chance . get to terror Khalimgrad/K3kba and do a few runs there until you get some better gear and more levels . you will probably die more often at the start untill you get more levels and better gear but it's fine , you will grow stronger by each run .

Do the lc 2 and after that go back to farming those places until you get full mid game gear on . Only then proceed with the regular game and go to destruction/brc .

Good luck !
Edited by ChuckNoRis 5 years.
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
Yo mate,
So i decided to try the Iron Spiral Baba.

I've reached quite easily lv120 (i died a lot from stupid things, like those invisible Fireblood).
Here in destruction, though, i see that i haven't got a good damage, especially single target damage for bosses. I do use the zod runeword on a sacred kreigsmesser MO'ed.
I haven't found much abandoned shrines, so im still using fal rw on the helmet. Rest of the gear is crafted, but doesn't have good rolls, though abandon shrines improves dex and not damage.
I've taken the easiest charms.
Right now i have around 2k dex if buffed with titan strike (1850 without it), and 50k armour in town. I wish i could improve those stat a bit more... but it's the damage the main problem right now.

I have used like 30 shrines on the Spatha for rolling that "Colosseum" oskill, but haven't still managed to get it... any tips on what to do to improve damage? Should i farm Toraja hoping to get the rune and get to 121?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
same as Vyvanne , you're behind schedule . go back to terror and farm those shrines you need ,then go back to destruction . get the 1% increased ctb shield asap , you only need 2265 dexterity with it on for reaching max block . switch to bear stance when necessary , as it provides more than enough defense along with Spirit Guide , just as the miniguide says

you got the 1-pointer stormblast there too . try that vs single targets . some of those single targets also got a chance to avoid hits , so it only seams that you're not dealing enough damage while actually your hits are being avoided ...

you gain enough damage from Crane stance , Spirit guide (when the wolves are around) , MOTW + Shamanic Trance

colosseum has a low chance to spawn , so keep crafting :) . almost as rare as the Javelin Nova proc on the armor

since the colosseum weapon is just a switch gear you want for the oskill , any shrine goes well there for crafting, the other affixes on the weapon are not important . you use Colosseum to jump to a new pack , and that's the only thing you do with that switch weapon , then switch back to the main crane stance setup

good luck !
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cheers, thanks for the tips all. Yeah it's my first time on MP and not used to not having players 8, and since I haven't played in many years I didn't really think on it.

Did LC2 easily at 82 and just grinding some more levels and will try again in A5 in a bit ! :D

Tweaked the D2stats itemfilter to look for sacred sash, boots, and gloves which I just got, and now I"m just keeping my eyes out for a sacred Bladed Shield. I only found one abandoned shrine which I used on the crane stance barb, so I'll keep farming and keep at it.

EDIT - Actually, you know what, I think I'm going back to SP. Was looking at my inventory and I'm definitely a hoarder, I like to keep extras of everything (extra trash runes for uptiering, keeping pgems for min/maxing runewords, etc) and muling is such a pain in the ass. I miss Plugy. Going back to SP and gonna try this journey again and will report back :)
Serge91
Thunder Beetle
52 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:same as Vyvanne , you're behind schedule . go back to terror and farm those shrines you need ,then go back to destruction . get the 1% increased ctb shield asap , you only need 2265 dexterity with it on for reaching max block . switch to bear stance when necessary , as it provides more than enough defense along with Spirit Guide , just as the miniguide says

you got the 1-pointer stormblast there too . try that vs single targets . some of those single targets also got a chance to avoid hits , so it only seams that you're not dealing enough damage while actually your hits are being avoided ...

you gain enough damage from Crane stance , Spirit guide (when the wolves are around) , MOTW + Shamanic Trance

colosseum has a low chance to spawn , so keep crafting :) . almost as rare as the Javelin Nova proc on the armor

since the colosseum weapon is just a switch gear you want for the oskill , any shrine goes well there for crafting, the other affixes on the weapon are not important . you use Colosseum to jump to a new pack , and that's the only thing you do with that switch weapon , then switch back to the main crane stance setup

good luck !

Yeah i used the other shrines i got while going through the story for the sword. Seems i'll need to be more patient for that oskill :P

I dont have any problems to play destruction at p1, its just i think damage is a bit low against bosses, but maybe it's the fact that bosses can evade some hit. I suppose it is just that, since i have 50k accuracy rating, which should be way more than enough to have 95% chance to hit against every boss.
For the shield, i'm just waiting to drop another sacred rare glided shield for craft (though i just have 2 abandoned shrines right now to use)
I'll try stormblast!

Thanks mate :)
MrMustache
Imp
4 | 0
None of the skillplans are showing up anymore. I had not noticed this a few weeks ago last time I looked at a build - me thinks something recent.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
delete your browser cookies and try again . they are working fine
tabacow
Skeleton
2 | 0
what i look for in magical craft for drubow hibrid? minion stats?