The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

dominikake
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ChuckNoRis wrote:
dominikake wrote: I only got the rings, wep, amulet (which i followed from the guide)
what are your other gear parts at this moment ? what miniguide are you following ? there are 2 melee sorceress in the compilation

Currently just farming k3kba for those abandoned shrines. cant farm elsewhere that I don't get 1 shot there.

Belt: Wormtongue
Gloves: Rare craft with 7% ctc Stormblast on attack
Boots : Serpent's tail chain boots
Helm : Haareis
Armor: Jitan's Kamon
Shield: Banner of Duncraig
Weapon: rare craft with 16% ctc SoR after kill
Rings: 2x rares with ctc Unseelie Curse
Amulet: rare with ctc Hymn (never ever got it to have Lightning Arena *despair)
Sockets: none
TomKatz03
Balrog
131 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
dominikake wrote:

For belt, Heavy Belt Tu6 Deadfall (SoR Proc.) or Runeword **On** in Belt for better defense
For Gloves, Heavy Gloves Tu6 Toorc's Gift (freeze enemies) or Light Gauntlets Tu6 Visegrip (Nice proc.) or Craft Gloves to get Lorenado Proc on attack
For Boots, Runeword **Cham** in Boots (SoR on attack) the rest stats needed for sorc melee or Charge of the Goddess Set Chain Boots (Sacred)
For Helm, Runeword **Yul** in helm (Miasma on attack) or Runeword **Jah** in circlet for replenish life quickly
For Armor, Runeword **On** in Sorceress Torso for penalty elementals resistances against enemies.
For Wepons, There have many options... For me, i will choose craft sorceress crystal sword to have stats like Cataclysm on attack or Balefire on attack
For rings, rare craft with ctc supernova on kill
For amulet, rare craft with Lava Pit on attack or Doom on kill possible to get Lightning Arena.
For sockets, make sure 75 to 80 % to all resistances with help gems resistances otherwise, make craft jewel with ber rune to get a single 6% element to make proc stronger.
For itemisation, make a lot penalty elementals resistances - 100 % to all cause you have epic proc on. It increase your killspeed and feel conformatable for ubers. The rest, go for +2 dexterity orb

I hope that help you.
dominikake
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Blackhole121 wrote:
dominikake wrote:

For belt, Heavy Belt Tu6 Deadfall (SoR Proc.) or Runeword **On** in Belt for better defense
For Gloves, Heavy Gloves Tu6 Toorc's Gift (freeze enemies) or Light Gauntlets Tu6 Visegrip (Nice proc.) or Craft Gloves to get Lorenado Proc on attack
For Boots, Runeword **Cham** in Boots (SoR on attack) the rest stats needed for sorc melee or Charge of the Goddess Set Chain Boots (Sacred)
For Helm, Runeword **Yul** in helm (Miasma on attack) or Runeword **Jah** in circlet for replenish life quickly
For Armor, Runeword **On** in Sorceress Torso for penalty elementals resistances against enemies.
For Wepons, There have many options... For me, i will choose craft sorceress crystal sword to have stats like Cataclysm on attack or Balefire on attack
For rings, rare craft with ctc supernova on kill
For amulet, rare craft with Lava Pit on attack or Doom on kill possible to get Lightning Arena.
For sockets, make sure 75 to 80 % to all resistances with help gems resistances otherwise, make craft jewel with ber rune to get a single 6% element to make proc stronger.
For itemisation, make a lot penalty elementals resistances - 100 % to all cause you have epic proc on. It increase your killspeed and feel conformatable for ubers. The rest, go for +2 dexterity orb

I hope that help you.

Just settled with cataclysm on weapon. Balefire never seems to roll. I'll try a couple runs and see how it goes
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
dominikake wrote:Currently just farming k3kba for those abandoned shrines. cant farm elsewhere that I don't get 1 shot there.

go at the top of the compilation and open the spoiler about gameplay tips . You need to upgrade your gear according to that, so at this moment you are on the right track . What you need to do now is FARM for better gear . If k3kba is the spot you can do it , it's fine , as long as you get good results . you can find there some shrines and runes up to ON so it is fine . upgrade your gear to abbandoned crafts/set items/level 100 RW's as the miniguide recommends , upgrade your weapon to a Weird Craft with SoR proc as the miniguide recommends .
dominikake wrote:just settled with cataclysm on weapon.
don't settle . that 16% SoR proc is a "must have" , don't replace it with crap . your build focuses on weapon damage , not elemental procs

you got all your info about gear upgrading there . For the amulet , use re-rolls to get Lightning Arena , be it from oils re-rolls or dragon re-rolls . I also hope you get a Khany RW on switch attack as soon as you can to acces T-slam . Use the T-slam + Lightning Arena stuns for crowd controll , they will make your life easyer .

i also noticed you said "sockets : none" . for the moment you may put some perfect amethysts in your sockets to get more dexterity
TomKatz03
Balrog
131 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Common Guide Badge
@Chucknorris : I think Balefire proc is stronger also.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
at this point he needs that 16% SoR for debuffing reasons also , to slow his opponents (it stacks with miasma debuffing, if he chooses to go for a cauldron helm untill a better option will be available for him ) . SoR proc deals 3/2 weapon damage , so with a weird craft that has high +max damage it outshines Balefire at every chapter . More damage , enemy debuffing , 3/2 WD for more leech .

Blackhole121 wrote:I think Balefire proc is strong
balefire was actualy quite great for early game when debuffing was not required for crowd controll/stay alive longer, but he needs now to advance to the next chapter and do the needed upgrades - he said it himself , he got a bit stuck and he finds it hard to farm in places more dangerous than k3kba . those abbandoned crafted armors are also very needed , in order to reach a higher block chance (+more physical damage/attack rating) . the abbandoned crafts and all those specified procs are there for a good reason

@dominikake are you using a mercenary also ?
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Is there a good way to build Damage over time with poison and a sort of burning effect?
Stacking different DoT is always fun to play with.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well , there are a few builds that can do what you're asking , just that people seek for fast farming instead of waiting for stuff to die in xxxxx seconds . what are you planning to build ? give me more details .

meanwhile , check how poison damage works : https://docs.median-xl.com/MXLU_vXVI_Do ... oison.html .

you may also check my lazy builds from the compilation (The Sloth , The Troll'Sin , the Jumping Jack) , some of them use such combo of spreading poison + other types of damage/procs without lifting a finger . they might give you some ideas too .

let me know what you intend to go for and i'll give you the help you seek
Funinyourgame
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Funny thing is, your jumping jack build make me want to explore it :P. I will try to build it after the bow druid.

What I'm trying to do is adding some sort of tick damage different to the poison, kinda like a constant smite. Something that deals constant damage without being Poison or needing constant casting. Something like "Cast once, All enemies gets a shock 3 times, each shock deals X damage" Something similar to that.

In the end you cast all of the DoT effects of have, leave the place to a safe spot, everything dies.

I love Flamestrike and Hailstrom, but both require immobile enemies to work correctly. I'm looking for something similar that could work on mobile target.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Funinyourgame wrote:Funny thing is, your jumping jack build make me want to explore it
yes, that could fit your needs . graveyard and AoD deliver heavy poison damage , you jump from target to another , targets that get hit by poison and get killed by it will trigger those "after kill" procs , that trigger other procs in a chain reaction (SoR works very much like what you described - deals heavy damage over a short time -> 3/2 weapon damage in a medium radius , also debuffing enemyes by slowing their speeds) .

the other 2 lazy builds work the same , they spread damage all over the screen , then the procs "after kill" come in action

Meteor shower oskill may also be on your taste (5 seconds duration of fire balls falling down from the sky all over the screen , with 5 second stimer -> you can keep a constant raining , and the damage is good with decent gear ) . i was about to add such a build arround that oskill 2 months ago , but i didn't get to finish the miniguide (the last spoiler at the end of the compilation) . i got bored of this game and meanwhile and i took a pause 8-)

you may also try a combination of fire-poison oskills ->open the bellow spoiler , with Meteor shower + Gamma field (deals heavy poison damage for about 2/3 screen-size arrea ), with a sorceress caster , using a rare/crafted helm with meteor shower + 2x
Ras Algethi
Ras Algethi
Ring

Required Level: 100
Item Level: 105
2% Chance to cast level 44 Magic Missiles on Melee Attack
+(40 to 50) Spell Focus
+(15 to 20)% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(15 to 20)% to Fire Spell Damage
-10% to Enemy Fire Resistance
Physical Resist -2%
+
Leah's Vision
Leah's Vision
Jared's Stone (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: 40 to 43
(Sorceress Only)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 242
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.11 per Dexterity)%
+1% Physical/Magic Spell Damage per 20 Vitality
+(5 to 7) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+20% to Physical/Magic Spell Damage
+(40 to 50) to Death Ripple
Regenerate Mana +25%
Elemental Resists -20%
3% Reanimate as: Random Monster
Socketed (3)
for as many points you can get into meteor shower to increase it's damage - and
Demeter
/
Demeter (Xis)
for Gamma field , going for a skillplan with fire and poison trees to access Firedance to boost the spells + the lightning tree for Nova charge for an auto-shooting buff , or poison tree for extra spell damage when struck + Hive for more poison spread arround you . Meteor shower may reach 100k damage in 5 seconds , 20k/second , while Gamma field may show WTF??? numbers in terms of damage and duration
► Show Spoiler