The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

chinz
Skeleton
2 | 0
A simple newbie questions about build viability here... I played some MXL years ago, but I remember at some point getting frustrated by lack of survivability on my character and quitting after getting about half of the charms. I'm thinking of making a build with a bit better defences this time, and saw your tanky Barbarian build with max block.

Since Barbarian has 0% class block, if I remember mechanics correctly I'd need a +block chance shield for that. I don't really remember much at all about D2/MXL itemization since it's been ages since I last played... so if I play single player without trading, how easy it is to get a shield with good block? Should I just start as a non-block character and then respec to block later?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
chinz wrote:Since Barbarian has 0% class block, if I remember mechanics correctly
no , you are not remembering correctly .

there is no shield that starts with 0% block . Barbarians get 1% from the start . As you advance trough the game , you will have the oportunity to equip 1+1% ctb shields , 1 +2% ctb shields and 1+3% ctb shields that will reduce the ammound of dexterity needed for max block compaired to the regular 1% shields

good luck !
Jampula
Amazon Warrior
1677 | 91
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
And the new uberskill seems to give +7% block, crazy amount in MXL.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
indeed , that brings a new era for barbarians where max block takes way less effort to get . Die Hard will be updated accordingly.

The General Gameplay tips (first spoiler inside first post on page 1) are updated to the new 2017 patch .

good luck !
Kotli
Stygian Watcher
41 | 0
Been playing Barbarian summoner its insanely strong now the only problem is I want tons more skill points to spend on spirits, since I want them all maxed.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Kotli wrote:Been playing Barbarian summoner its insanely strong now the only problem is I want tons more skill points to spend on spirits, since I want them all maxed.
:D everybody would enjoy being able to max all skills (that would mean overpowered characters), but you have to make a choice where to place them best .

barbarian summons are viable even as 1-pointers in end game so for now just enjoy the game and decide what's best for your skilplan and needs once you hit destruction .
bakon1
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
can u make a werewolf druid build plz
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i won't be adding anything new before updating the rest . a wolf build might have to wait untill about end of july when i estimate to get all updates done

untill then you can find usefull info for wolf druids using the search function of the forum .

good luck !
kataris
Destroyer
7 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Is the Indiana Jones Barbarian Pirate still viable? I see some of the skills have changed (at least their order in the tree).
bakon1
Dark Huntress
12 | 0
olk ty for the info