Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
well , my time for gaming is limited , i have to work and spend time with my fiance , so i will only have time to play/update the compilation when i don't work and when she's not arround (or sleeping) :lol:

i will start by updating those builds that remained almost unchanged (Lion king/ javazon/Madawc/Crystal maiden/sagittarius/traxex+the rest , that require late game gearing updates and minor skillplan adjustments ), then continue with those with minor changes , then i'll have to spend some time playing the builds that changed a lot . after all that is done , i'll add some new ones 8-)

i hope this month i'll be able to update half the builds . i also need to play with the forum's mechanics and find out how to insert stuff into that wall of text to make it easy to read .

i'm starting tomorrow evening when i return from work :)
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions

Proposed Class Rework/Rebalancing

A lot of discussions, playthroughs, and builds/itemization have brought me to this compilation of what I would find suitable without breaking things too much or being overcomplicated. Generally, if I didn't directly write about a skill, I have no suggested changes, no recent playing experience, or I feel it is already in a good balanced spot.

Amazon

- Blood Tree:
  • Balefire: Good for act bosses/early ubers, useless vs teleporting bosse besides a strenuous effort to keep your hp low.
  • Bloodstorm: Still needs more damage, also ugly skill. Change them into the firebolt missiles from D2 with slightly more travel speed.
  • Bacchanalia: Make it drain 1-2% life per second when above 66% hp and regenerate 5-10% life per second when below 33% or something.
  • Lava Pit: Forever shit skill. Rework this entirely in the mindset of what Askari Lightning has become. I suggest a four-direction fireball barrage (NW, NE, SW, SE directions) that converge from maybe 2-yard radius to mouse target at rapid succession, not all at one time + small explosion, similar to vanilla D2 Fireball skill.

- Storm Tree:
  • Stormcall: Damage is not competitive past ~act 3-4 nightmare until endgame setup, then it becomes only tolerable compared to other builds' main aoe skill.
    Hammer of Zerae: Still needs one more small boost to whirl speed. Otherwise, seems complete.
    Magnetic Field: Deflated skill. AoE nerf from sigma launch killed farming ability + high density hits are useless vs bosses towards/past midgame.
    Askari Lightning: Good treatment to add single target skill to casterzon. Damage will fix itself with Stormcall buff.

- Bow Tree:
  • Trinity Arrow: Says up to 1100% total weapon damage at center. Where? Skill feels terrible to use even with overcapped pierce.
  • Bowzon feels like it's gotten to a good place otherwise. Hellreachers are getting old meme-ish now though.

- Javelin Tree:
  • Ricochet: Bad copied version of Parasite at a ranged throw.
  • Enfilade: Good single-target addition, but might need a small buff in the bonus poison damage. %WDM is fine.
  • Moon Queen: Currently used more on Melee Sorc set. One of best passives in game for WDM char, but no one plays jav cause the skills are bad
  • Fairy Ring: Strong skill, but I see a lot of complaints that it requires a corpse.
  • Overall, this tree needs attention. There's a huge mismatch of damage types and stats across itemization, the set, and the skill tree. Make it focus on just poison and fire (convert Ricochet to fire instead of magic) or focus on poison and cold (like the set already does and turn Ricochet/Fairy Ring into cold conversion and bonus).

- Spear Tree:
  • I don't have much to say here since I don't really play spearzon, but I've heard from many people that the only way to really play is with Great Hunt for bosses or slow aoe clear because Pounce is still garbage. Unsure if it's that or Curare. Curare itself is much more defensively valuable now with the synergy to Lioness and the max poison res/reduction, but offensively is still lacking. Might need some attention to Fury application because running around a picking up health globes in a game like MXL is really ineffective. Something like that is better suited for vanilla D2.

- Reward Tree:
  • War Spirit: Requires too much investment for little return, especially as a Black Road reward. "War Spirit" reminds me more of something like Bloodlust, so maybe it becomes something like Symbiosis on Druid, where it grants bonuses based on your selected devotion, or it simply empowers Bloodlust into a stronger/new buff.

Assassin

- Batstrike:
  • Doesn't display actual minion stats. Just says minion life and damage per level.
  • Bats are really slow. Give them 50-75% more movement speed.
  • Give them a small aoe attack like crucify or mini spike nova.
  • Hard to see the number of charges when in combat. Allow the skill to release as many charges as you have instead of counting to specific numbers. i.e. having all 3 charges would release the nova, summon bats, and coup d'grace altogether.
  • Currently giving a large hidden bonus to attack rating. Doesn't appear on the skill description or charges anywhere.

- Queen of Blades:
  • Rather useless in current form. Needs higher %WDM (maybe up to 35% from current 25%). It's not enough to leech reliably on, moreso a slow spreader and proc trigger, but procs are all reduced, which indirectly hurt this skill.
  • Maybe make it start with 3 blades and keep same blvl scaling for more blades.

Σ 1.3.1

- Diablo inferno: damage reduced by 20%
- Arrogance: flat damage is now 15-25
- Countess Firewall: damage reduced by 75%
- Necromancer Totems: mana cost reduced by 20%
- Elfin Arrows: fixed maximum base level bug
- Fixed a bug which caused Sacred elemental bases to not drop

Item Notes

-
Fauztin's Visage
Fauztin's Visage
Field Plate (4)

Defense: 268 to 540
Required Level: 11
Required Strength: 32
Item Level: 19
+(11 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(6 to 10)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+50% Enhanced Defense
+250 Defense vs. Melee
+50 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (21 to 25)%
Physical Resist 1%
Socketed (2)
Defense: 890 to 1668
Required Level: 37
Required Strength: 63
Item Level: 36
+(21 to 30)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(11 to 15)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+100% Enhanced Defense
+500 Defense vs. Melee
+100 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (31 to 35)%
Physical Resist 2%
Socketed (4)
Defense: 2232 to 4107
Required Level: 61
Required Strength: 219
Item Level: 59
+(31 to 40)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(16 to 20)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+150% Enhanced Defense
+750 Defense vs. Melee
+175 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (41 to 45)%
Physical Resist 3%
Socketed (5)
Defense: 3642 to 6678
Required Level: 75
Required Strength: 438
Item Level: 85
+(41 to 50)% to Summoned Minion Life
+(21 to 25)% to Summoned Minion Resistances
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1000 Defense vs. Melee
+250 to Life
Poison Length Reduced by (46 to 50)%
Physical Resist 5%
Socketed (6)
Tier 4 level required 75 seems wrong. Even the T3 version is lvl 61. Heaviest armors are lvl 52-54 at tier 4.
-
Hellreach
Hellreach
Long War Bow (Sacred)

Two-Hand Damage: (232 - 260) to (255 - 287)
Required Level: 100
Required Dexterity: 650
Item Level: 105
Dexterity Damage Bonus: (0.13 per Dexterity)%
Adds 140% of Your Fire Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
Adds 140% of Your Physical/Magic Spell Damage as Bonus Weapon Physical Damage
2% Chance to cast level 50 Flamefront on Striking
2% Chance to cast level 50 Drakemaw on Striking
+50 Damage
+(160 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
+(250 to 500) to Life
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Cannot Be Frozen
Socketed (6)
As mentioned, meme weapon now (cool item, but far overused). Want to clear Fauzt with tier 1 honorifics? Go for it.
-
Titan's Revenge
Titan's Revenge
Maiden Javelin (Sacred)

Throw Damage: 263 to (364 - 439)
One-Hand Damage: 188 to (262 - 337)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 120
Required Strength:
697 to 930
Required Dexterity: 1350 to 1800
Item Level: 120
Shieldmaiden: +15% Weapon Physical Damage per character level above 120
10% Chance to cast level 1 Javelin on Striking
+4 to Amazon Skill Levels
Adds 50-(100 to 175) Damage
(15 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
+200% Enhanced Damage
Maximum Elemental Resists +1%
Requirements +(125 to 200)%
Socketed (3)
Mercy of RNG. Reduce the requirements to +100-150% instead of +125-200%. Also, based on the requested jav changes above, if the orange text needs to change damage type.
-
Vasily's Eclipse
Vasily's Eclipse
Athulua's Hand (Sacred)

Defense: (2472 - 3090) to (2662 - 3327)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 80
Required Dexterity:
Item Level: 1
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
40% Block Speed
(16 to 20)% Life stolen per Hit
(16 to 20)% Mana stolen per Hit
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(100 to 150)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 25)% to Dexterity
Requirements -50%
Socketed (4)

Vasily's Following
(Amazon Javelin Set)
needs +1% increased block to be competitive. Currently a free sig.
-
Vasily's Falling Star
Vasily's Falling Star
Maiden Javelin (Sacred)

Throw Damage: (177 - 213) to (320 - 364)
One-Hand Damage: (115 - 138) to (235 - 262)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 80
Required Strength:
Required Dexterity: 300
Item Level: 1
+1 to Amazon Skill Levels
(40 to 80)% Attack Speed
+100 to Maximum Damage
+(150 to 200)% Enhanced Damage
(21 to 25)% to Strength
(21 to 25)% to Dexterity
Requirements -50%
Socketed (3)

Vasily's Following
(Amazon Javelin Set)
Needs higher max damage roll. Make it +100-200 instead of +51-100.

Changes Since Announcement

Edited by Crash 4 years.
Belenub
Destroyer
6 | 0
A wall of text doesn't work. Better do specific an well explained guides of possible builds based on updated content.
mecheye
Bone Archer
70 | 7
I do SP only for now, and I constantly feel as if I'm doing it wrong so this will help a lot!

Btw, what does "Paladin, 2012 v004" mean?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
mecheye wrote: Btw, what does "Paladin, 2012 v004" mean?

that used to be the link to the skillplan (paladin , 2012 , patch version Omega v004 ), but it no longer works . when i moved this information from the old forum i could only copy-paste for the text - the topic was closed so i could not "quote" the post to copy the entire codes , the rest of the addons did not come from the old forum to this new forum because this forum is working different . i will re-post the (updated) skillplans when i update the miniguides
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I have both omega and 2012 compilations saved on my pc, let me know if you need those to check skillplans and formatting
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
well , i believe i also have those and some older ones on my old pc , i have to check this evening when i return home from work . the skillplans will be updated to the curent version anyway , also i was thinking to put the "picture" of the skillplan instead of the link to it like you could see here : viewtopic.php?f=25&t=244 . i want this compilation to look nice so i will work some time at the formatting . i am also thinking about the gearing section to look like the actual screen you would see in your game : with the helm and amulet on the top row , weapon(s)+quiver/shield on middle row , gloves rings , belt boots on bottom row , using the forum option of inserting pictures (from the docs) . the old formating doesn't help me at all at this moment , this new forum has better ways of ( visual ) customisations