The SP Miniguides Compilation (updates in progress)

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
MadeLaidMan
Jungle Hunter
26 | 0
According to the beginning description to the build they don't, but on striking procs do work. Not sure why, I've never used stormzons myself
User avatar
RandomOnions
Edyrem
849 | 33
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
edit: was thinking of the useless hammer skill. nvm
User avatar
L H
Prince Albrecht
4047 | 145
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
RandomOnions wrote:Because it is considered a range attack with a weapon damage modifier. Procs on kill and on striking. (and on slain enemy ofc but let's be real that doesn't spawn on anything useful).


But what makes it different from a paladin using Blood Thorns? That's a short-ranged spell cast, is it not?

Thundercrack, if you namelock an enemy from the other side of the screen, will run up to the enemy, instead of swinging at the air from far away. Wouldn't that justify it being a melee attack? I'm not arguing who's right or wrong, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics of why it wouldn't be considered a melee attack.
User avatar
Fumbles
Horadric Mage
1087 | 86
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Marco wrote:thundercrack mechanics are odd because of the skill function it uses. It has a few limitations such as not being able to proc on-melee skills. But the mechanism itself is very unique because it's a melee skill with level-based missile count scaling, there is no other skill like this.
User avatar
L H
Prince Albrecht
4047 | 145
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Fumbles wrote:
Marco wrote:thundercrack mechanics are odd because of the skill function it uses. It has a few limitations such as not being able to proc on-melee skills. But the mechanism itself is very unique because it's a melee skill with level-based missile count scaling, there is no other skill like this.


Good to know. Where did that come from?
User avatar
Fumbles
Horadric Mage
1087 | 86
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Cow Ninja
1279 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
MadeLaidMan wrote:It's a shame that on attacks dont work with Thundercrack. Nero would be incredible for the Storm build if it did.
yes , and not only that , there would have been a whole different gearing overall in early/mid/end game , except maby very few items .


even so , it's powerfull enough with the setup in the miniguide . if the "on attack" procs would have worked , it could have been rated even higher in terms of KS , also , Magnetic Field wouldn't have been necessary in the early and mid game to make up for that . i wonder if median 2017 will somehow bring a fix for it
User avatar
RandomOnions
Edyrem
849 | 33
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
LHawkins1 wrote:
RandomOnions wrote:Because it is considered a range attack with a weapon damage modifier. Procs on kill and on striking. (and on slain enemy ofc but let's be real that doesn't spawn on anything useful).


But what makes it different from a paladin using Blood Thorns? That's a short-ranged spell cast, is it not?

Thundercrack, if you namelock an enemy from the other side of the screen, will run up to the enemy, instead of swinging at the air from far away. Wouldn't that justify it being a melee attack? I'm not arguing who's right or wrong, I'm just trying to understand the mechanics of why it wouldn't be considered a melee attack.

edited my post afaik
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Cow Ninja
1279 | 25
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Gekko64 wrote:bring back Ares lion stance barb :D
i am thinking about adding 2 more miniguides in the following days , to get to 50 (the number i was aiming at when i have returned after the 4 year pause) . i will either bring back some of those i have removed , or add 2 new others . i still got 7 or 8 unfinished projects since november/december , sitting somewhere in my saves files . we'll see . Bringing back Ares would indeed save me some time ,as it could be full updated in half a day , or maby less , while only the end game setup has changed since it was created (now it can acces some even more powerfull stuff) , in fact the only thing he misses is adding a mid game section which i already have in mind while played with other similar builds (he's not far from Terrorblade or Rexxar) , and replacing few end game items , the rest remains as it was in 2011.

Unfortunately, my spare time goes to almost zero starting tomorrow ...
User avatar
Dianetics
Destroyer
7 | 1
Hi can you explain how you were able to get through terror and what level you were when doing it with STORM zon? I have deadfall belt, pollice gauntlet, auriel tiara, jitans, chargebreaker shield, rare rings, 2 skill amu, ith runes and flawless/perf gems in sockets. All tiered unique are t5 or t6. I'm using honored boots for resistance because only the helm has any besides and i have koth mace to buff blodlust. I have put all the points into skills shown and i get killed constantly.

Thundercrack is weak like you say but magnet field does so little damage it isn't worth using. I've even tried it on single enemies and dragging them through it while watching the health bar and when it does hit it is barely noticeable. I want to understand where you say that using magnet field helps. I'm using blood mage which he is ok if i don't die and have to sidetrack to find gold to revive him. I've even tried runnning around dodging enemies while blood mag kills and its very slow and honestly not seem effective way to progress as it just gets harder the farther i get. I made him horored gear with orbs for spell damage and negative enemy resist. Back to thundercrack it is very weak. I'm trying to get to duriel now and even white monsters take 10-15 hits and sometimes more, and that is with magnet field. I keep getting swarmed on and having to start over. I tried to respec to use max hammer of zarea which deals much better damage but i still die a lot. Is there something I'm not seeing here or did you maybe forget to mention something? please help.