Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
How many times do I need to explain it Chuckles? Allocating attributes before equipping gear is how players avoid the bug that can lead to loss of gear. Thats how many people play the game, both sp and realm. But again, its not something people will learn from your guides because you use plugy. People who do play sp but don't use plugy still deal with gearing requirements. What does all of that mean? It means that people who don't use plugy can't take your guides at face value because that feature doesn't exist for them. Losing an item to that bug can more detrimental in sp when a player doesn't have an infinite stash to replenish whatever item was lost. It is for this reason that those who know about it, choose to spec more carefully. Not all players who play sp use the same 3rd party programs so simply saying your compilation is sp only doesn't make it relevant to all sp. You can say whatever you want about realm but ppl are still going to look at guides, regardless.

And you can't use thread views to justify the value of your guides. There are several guides near 100k and a couple above that amount that are just single guides. You should understand that there are more ppl visiting the forum since the latest patch than ever before. Why wouldn't someone wanna view a guide that has lots of guides. If I was a new player I would do the same. But if you really wanna use the most views route, what sounds more appealing to you? 50+ mini guides with 220k views? or 1 single guide with detailed explanations of all content and over 100k views? If new players gave that a thought when reaching the guide center, the result wouldn't lead to more views for your compilation.

When your guides do help players, thats great. But when you tell a player they should already have a shrine crafted javelin when they just completed terror and have a lvl 110 amazon. No. Its just not realistic, especially for that build. Playing the safe way that I described multiple times already makes that very difficult to do(given the str and dex req of gear you list), and you don't have an explanation for that in that specific guide. You told that player that they should already be using a weapon that you list as mid-game gear, when they just barely finished what you consider early game. Why are you telling someone that when you say differently in the guide? Do you not understand that you're contradicting yourself? Please for the love of whatever you believe in, go read what you posted and then read the early and mid game section. Or change what you have in the guide because it doesn't jive with those posts.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i'll explain you the math because it seams you just don't get it :

you need 305 STR to equip
Chargebreaker
Chargebreaker
Setzschild (4)

Defense: (492 - 573) to (969 - 1127)
Chance to Block: 4%
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 12
Required Strength: 39
Item Level: 10
1% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(10 to 15)% Block Speed
+(35 to 57)% Enhanced Defense
(8 to 10)% to Strength
(8 to 10)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 5%
Physical Damage Reduced by (3 to 5)
(8 to 10)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (1)
Defense: (1695 - 1902) to (3048 - 3418)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 30
Required Strength: 77
Item Level: 31
2% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(20 to 25)% Block Speed
+(81 to 103)% Enhanced Defense
(14 to 16)% to Strength
(14 to 16)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 7%
Physical Damage Reduced by (9 to 11)
(14 to 16)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (3)
Defense: (4287 - 4723) to (7550 - 8319)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 47
Required Strength: 270
Item Level: 51
3% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(30 to 40)% Block Speed
+(126 to 149)% Enhanced Defense
(20 to 22)% to Strength
(20 to 22)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 9%
Physical Damage Reduced by (15 to 17)
(20 to 22)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (5)
Defense: (6416 - 6983) to (11272 - 12268)
(Amazon Only)
Required Level: 56
Required Strength: 539
Item Level: 77
4% Chance to cast level 1 Guard Tower on Kill
(40 to 50)% Block Speed
+(149 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
(23 to 25)% to Strength
(23 to 25)% to Dexterity
Physical Resist 10%
Physical Damage Reduced by (18 to 20)
(23 to 25)% Bonus to Defense
Socketed (6)
. with 15% stats from elemental prism and arroud 10% more from 2x
Empyrean Band
Empyrean Band
Ring

Required Level: 40
Item Level: 40
1% Chance to cast level 18 Singularity on Kill
(3 to 5)% to All Attributes
Maximum Life +3%
Maximum Mana +10%
(5 to 15)% Gold Find
means you need to invest arround 250 flat str points in order to wear the shield -> shield boosts the str up to 25% . that 25% +15% + 10% (or a bit less) is enough to wear the deadfall . from that point you can invest all you got into dexterity . meaning that at his level 110 , the rest of 305 points can go to dexterity . those 305 points along with the other 25 innate points , boosted by the %dexterty coming from the prism , rings and shield are making him able to equip any javelin in this game in therms or requirements . (naked - haven't counted pamethysts in armors and io runes in shield)

now please explain how does that require any stats realocation (plus you got 2 or 3 free akara respecs at that stage of the game , and from there on you can find b. Extracts ) ? you don't need plugy to do the above . you just need to waste as many stats needed into str to wear the shield , nothing more , the rest can go to dexterity .

now think again how wearing a sacred javelin at level 110 is unreal . same as for finding a sacred javelin (any type) and 2-3 shrines (any type) untill you finish terror . how does finding a sacred shity javelin and 2 shrines all the way trough terror contradicts with any of the early or mid game gearing? jessus fucking christ . i have stumbled upon many sacred javelins and 5 to 10 shrines with every build i took trough terror .

suppose he's lucky enough to find an usefull SU in act1 destruction from a random elite , does that mean he reached end game ? :))

i feel i'm speaking with the walls . i'll stop displaying your posts because it makes no sence replying to them . i love this forum feature

edit : suppose he wasn't level 110 , suppose he was just arround 90 , he could still wear any type of javelin with pamethists and yo runes socketed in armors.
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
:pop: LUL
Shade
|
Can someone pls explain how the Paladin guide (#3 Athelstan) works. It says he gets both benefits to VoJ from the Holy and Unholy trees (from the Life and Death skill). I thought it was because he didn't choose any skills in the Holy or UH trees ...

BUT then he gets SuperBeast in mid-game section and the skill description says it's a UH skill.
So I'm confused. Does the game not count Reward skills like SB as 'choosing a side' ?

EDIT: Is this a good char to choose if you don't have much gear?
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
uberskills don't count towards the choosing a side

most of the gear is easy to get
Rishab
Polar Worm
1874 | 156
Common Posting Badge
Great Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Gekko64 wrote:uberskills don't count towards the choosing a side

most of the gear is easy to get

wait so theUnholy Skill text here means nothing?
Useful BBcodes| Extended Gamelist | Community Project: Median Wiki | ingame Questlog | NotArmory
Be the change you want to see in this community.
- Gandhi
Shade
|
Rishab wrote:wait so theUnholy Skill text here means nothing?

Yep that's the exact text I was talking about, thanks for posting the image.

It seems strange to put that there if it means nothing - although maybe it's just to stop people getting SB when they have points in the main Holy Tree?

It's not 100% clear, but if the build works as posted then great... I just didn't want to spend hours levelling it then find out some bad news (can the Offline tools make a test character quickly?).
Gekko64
Shadowgate Totem
1728 | 102
Common Posting Badge
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Shade wrote: although maybe it's just to stop people getting SB when they have points in the main Holy Tree?

exactly
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
it works like that since 2009 when i created it , no change since then regarding the uberskill independency if going neutral
Shade
|
ChuckNoRis wrote:it works like that since 2009 when i created it , no change since then regarding the uberskill independency if going neutral

Thanks for confirming that.

I'm wondering what merc is best for this build. The general tips section would prob go Shapeshifter (and the only other choice there is Bloodmage for melee) but I'm wondering about Fighter Mage since Shifter seems to have no regen and the fast attacks of Fighter Mage for the "proc machine" sounds useful - Glacial Nova, Chronofield procs? I'm just worried he won't be tanky enough, but once we get scourges up and running, is this build more like a summoner type anyway?