The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

amenda
Prowler
17 | 0
Ive been looking at builds and abilities while waiting for the new patch to drop. I quite like the look of Britney Spear as well. Since Great Hunt is the main damage ability, I noticed in the Version log that Great Hunt has been changed

Great Hunt: is now a level 12 skill, damage greatly increased, base number of spirits increased, mana cost reduced

What is a level 12 skill? Looks like a buff, but will this break the build in any way?

Thanks
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
the level 12 skill means that in the spear tree it will now have the 3rd place from top to bottomn (instead of last place where it is now) , the place where now you see pounce ; pounce becomes level 24 instead (they just swap the places in the spear tree , that's all)

indeed , this build got a nice boost in the new patch while the other spear option (pouncezon) got slightly nerfed .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
amenda
Prowler
17 | 0
Think I'll go with this build then. Thematically I don't like shields which Xena uses. 2h spear will be more fun for me. Thanks!
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
I remember trying and not liking the Britney Spear build, but that was before I knew how to play Median well, so I'll have to give that and Terrorblade a second chance in 2017
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
terrorblade and the other dual wielders will be re-adjusted for this patch . untill then you may start with the spearzon . good luck !
PurpleDemon
Fallen
1 | 0
Hello Chuck,
I am new to this mod and pretty lazy so i went through your list and find one that suits me,
and Ragner the summoner barb seem to be pretty strong and easy to play but the new version shamanic trances has replaced greater manifestation
does this affect the build? the ranked rating you gave 8.16 with the new version is it going up or going down?
I know the G.A score was 5 and not really newbie frendly but i wanna try can you give some advise on that guide in this version?
MadeLaidMan
Acid Prince
47 | 0
I know the recommended midgame belt for the Spearzon is a craft, but shouldn't it be specified to include CtC Disintegrate on Melee attack?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
PurpleDemon wrote:Hello Chuck,
I am new to this mod and pretty lazy so i went through your list and find one that suits me,
and Ragner the summoner barb seem to be pretty strong and easy to play but the new version shamanic trances has replaced greater manifestation
does this affect the build? the ranked rating you gave 8.16 with the new version is it going up or going down?
I know the G.A score was 5 and not really newbie frendly but i wanna try can you give some advise on that guide in this version?
since Shamanic trance used to be the level 90 uberskill of choice and now you can access it at level 18 , you can only expect the build to be much better in the early and mid game . the summons also got stronger than before in this new patch (more life and more damage) . the scourges + fire and ice elementals are also made stronger but they are now caped at 15 to compensate the boost , so you will spend less time summoning the full army , the GA will probably go up to 7 on this new patch for those reasons . by having free shamanic trance at level 18 allows you to pick another uberskill , so Nephalem spirit will be the choice for even more tri-elemental damage for you and your summons

since honorifics are available starting with act 5 (Shenk ) you can use rares with stats and resistances untill then .

i repeat : all builds in the compilation got boosted in the new patch .

MadeLaidMan wrote:I know the recommended midgame belt for the Spearzon is a craft, but shouldn't it be specified to include CtC Disintegrate on Melee attack?
if you can roll it with desintegrate proc it's great , any extra proc is very welcomed , still , rolling the item with very good stats is more important than a craft with crapy stats and the 5% proc . i might mention it when i will start updating the compilation
Astarotte24
Skeleton
3 | 0
maybe u should delete the level challenge 0 in this guide. im new to median xl and i just wasted an hour trying to get this challenge :D. just got told it got deleted in this patch lol.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i haven't started updating anything yet . all info will be adjusted to the new patch when the time comes . read the changelog next time before you start to play to save you from headakes .

edit : i'm a lucky mo'fo today 8-) :yay:
► Show Spoiler