The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Swicky2113
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Cool thanks for the advice. Does it matter which druid bow? Also two other questions - with the changes to MOs what should I be focusing on for jewelry, amror and weapon MOs.

Lastly, what stats do I look for when I craft armor? Can you point me to a guide for that? I made a chest with 2 all skills but it's hard to tell when that is better than jitans
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Swicky2113 wrote:Cool thanks for the advice. Does it matter which druid bow? Also two other questions - with the changes to MOs what should I be focusing on for jewelry, amror and weapon MOs.

Lastly, what stats do I look for when I craft armor? Can you point me to a guide for that? I made a chest with 2 all skills but it's hard to tell when that is better than jitans
it would be ideal to get a sacred recurve bow . for the crafted armors you need to aim on high minion stats

as for MO's , you need to get to the max ED for bow , after that mo with deadly strike . for armors , mo according to your needs , focus on more minion stats , no need to mo for max ED here since you dont need to have high defence if it's not you who does the tanking . there used to be a shrine crafting thread somewhere but i don't have the time to search for it at the moment . for jewelery , minion stats again . you only need to boost the bow for youreself as you're the one dealing damage , the armors and sockets are sacrificed to boost the minions as they will do the tanking .
Swicky2113
Prowler
18 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hey Chuck, when do you think you'll have your Hulk guide updated? I am struggling with mana cost for Wildire.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
nowhere within the next 2 weeks i believe :) i got low spare time for gaming , so the updates will come slow . if God helps , i might finish updating the paladins this week , amazons will be next , druids after .

for mana problems use
Pollice Verso
Pollice Verso
Gauntlets (4)

Defense: (48 - 54) to (90 - 102)
Required Level: 10
Required Strength:
Item Level: 19
4% Chance to cast level 3 Time Strike when Attacked
+(24 to 40)% Enhanced Defense
+(7 to 10) to Strength
+(6 to 10) Life after each Kill
+(6 to 13) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -8%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (216 - 239) to (333 - 369)
Required Level: 27
Required Strength:
Item Level: 36
8% Chance to cast level 5 Time Strike when Attacked
+(58 to 75)% Enhanced Defense
+(12 to 16) to Strength
+(16 to 20) Life after each Kill
+(21 to 28) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -16%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (583 - 635) to (854 - 930)
Required Level: 44
Required Strength:
Item Level: 59
12% Chance to cast level 7 Time Strike when Attacked
+(92 to 109)% Enhanced Defense
+(18 to 24) to Strength
+(26 to 30) Life after each Kill
+(36 to 43) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -24%
Socketed (3)
Defense: (875 - 946) to (1274 - 1378)
Required Level: 52
Required Strength:
Item Level: 85
14% Chance to cast level 8 Time Strike when Attacked
+(109 to 126)% Enhanced Defense
+(25 to 30) to Strength
+(31 to 35) Life after each Kill
+(43 to 50) Mana after each Kill
Requirements -32%
Socketed (4)
, since you can no longer create the honorific gloves used in the previous patch as those MO's were removed. even more , you can MO your weapon with 2 or 3 mana on attack MO's and it will be enough to solve your issue
mxl17
Dark Huntress
10 | 0
Hey Chuck, I had a very basic question.

I have an assassin that has decent survivability, with low DPS -- Naginata build with backstab.
I'm looking to crank the DPS way, way up to be able to do certain ubers decent time, farm trophies, etc

I'm OK with any assassin build, just has to have high DPS

Thank you, sensai
Aciros
Prowler
16 | 0
wasabimousse wrote:
Aciros wrote:Done :)

On another node, I'm following your 'Die hard' - the tank barb and it's working fantastic! Already cleared all the easy/medium ubers + some hard ubers.

I'm using the new Iron spiral skill, since it has better aoe than stormblast. Do you think an iceburst/deathgaze combo with an axe would be better? It would also open up to use thunderslam again.

can I see your skill tree for the die hard build? are you putting more points into main skill? unlike the guide

I dont understand whats up with ”- activate Lightning Shield ” from the guide. I cannot find that. later edit: got it, comes from an item

Is it ok If i use the stance on right skill and attack with the left click?

Okay, keep in mind, this is the build I threw together while leveling, so it has a lot of room for optimisation. (Explaining text underneath each picture).
Gear wise just stick to the gear from ChuckNoRis's guide and you will be fine.
Here I would just put 1 point in Gladiator's Dominance and max Immortal instead. It's important to get the blackroad skill unlocked asap, as it can save you in sticky situations and also adds a bit of dmg.

Only put enough points into Bear stance so you hit the 50% DR cap combined with your gear.
Max ancients blood.
Not sure about wolf companion/spirit guide.
1 point into Mountain King.

Attacks are 1 pointers. I'm using Iron spiral for aoe and Stormblast for single target.
I chose to max Daedalus which gives 1k+ flat life and a huge chunk of lightning dmg+attack rating. Not sure if this is optimal, but I'm lacking dmg more than defence, so any added dmg is nice.
It might be better to craft a belt with Inner fire on and switch the sword for an axe, and go with the Ice tree so you can use thunderslam. You could also keep an axe on switch for thunderslam like ChuckNoRis suggested.

I still need to farm 450 signets, so block will be close to max when I'm done + some small improvements. Defence needs improvement.
I chose to socket with gems instead of runes to hit max resistances, since we no longer use Runemaster and elemental dmg is my biggest problem at the moment.

It's important to hit the FHR, IAS and FBR breakpoints. FHR is 200%, IAS is 125% and FBR is 280%. This will help a lot and make block much more effecient. (Ancient Blood gives 1% IAS per hard point which doesn't show under stats.)

*I'm by no means an expert in this game or buildmaking, all credit goes to ChuckNoRis for making the guide used as inspiration for this build.
Edited by Aciros 6 years.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
mxl17 wrote:
I'm looking to crank the DPS way, way up to be able to do certain ubers decent time, farm trophies, etc

I'm OK with any assassin build, just has to have high DPS
you will need smaxed ways and a main skill with decent AoE + procs . i haven't tested the assassins much in the new patch , but your request kinda describes the throwing assassin + Shunpo oskill naginata on switch . the Bloodseeker miniguide is not yet updated , but you may find some tips there . Replace the
Patriot
Patriot
Throwing Knives

'El'
Runeword Level: 6
+2 Fire Damage
Adds 10-20 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Fire Resistance
+(12 to 18)% Enhanced Damage
-(6 to 8)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
-20 Defense
-5 to Strength
+4 to Dexterity
+4 to Vitality
+4 to Energy
(3 to 5)% Gold Find
with
Chrysopelea
Chrysopelea
Throwing Knives

'Shael'
Runeword Level: 35
10% Chance to cast level 20 Lorenado on Kill
+(26 to 35)% Bonus to Poison Skill Duration
+(8 to 10) to Minimum Damage
+(30 to 57)% Enhanced Damage
-(6 to 10)% to Enemy Poison Resistance
+
Kali
Kali
Gloves

'LumKo'
Runeword Level: 48
15% Chance to cast level 13 Seal of Fire on Kill
+2 to All Skills
+15% to Summoned Minion Resistances
-214 Defense
5% to Strength
Maximum Fire Resist +4%
Fire Resist +25%
gloves in early game

good luck !
fitsu
Imp
5 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hi, i'm new to median xl (having never really played it before) and wanted to try it since the 2017 patch.

I'm looking for a noob friendly melee build that's able to kill decently fast and doesn't need huge amounts of gear (as I currently have none :P). I've already made a barb following your "Die Hard" build although due to the patch and things being moved about I don't know if it works the same (for instance you recommend using thunderslam to stun packs but that skill is both moved and requires axes now) so if it could be a barb one that would be awesome but if there is another ud recommend I don't mind rerolling. Any advice would be much appretiated :).
Vyvanne
Prowler
17 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks so much for your guides, I remember following some way back many years ago and always found you to be very helpful and with some great builds. I did have a question for you regarding your Xena melee sorc. You go with Lightning/ice , how do you feel a Fire/ice build would work? I've been playing around with Living Flame/Firedance and have been really liking it so far. Does the avoidance and armor bonuses outweigh the flat life and damage bonus?
Valkyrian
Skeleton
2 | 0
What happened to Legion Commander? I can't find the mini guide anymore. I was following it and went back to it for reference and it's gone.