The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Feeles
Abomination
155 | 5
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
ChuckNoRis wrote:and how is it tough to survive with a screen full of reanimates arround from Demiurge + an army of scourges ? with acces to instant heal (inner fire) and low timer teleport . :wall: you must be doing something teribly wrong . the Neutraldin is a very safe build

The thing i don't like about that build is that demiurge share same cooldown with divine apparition, that means after demiurge i can't teleport for 30 seconds, that is not low timer teleport. About Inner fire you are right, i forgot about that.. because after lots of shrine it didn't spawned so i gaved up :)

Scourges are very squishy, i need to recast very often.

But ok maybe with inner fire i could be doing better.. i'll farm more shrines
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
i agree that the shared timers are an issue (try to get Demiurge as often as you can to have as many reanimates as possible there tanking for you , so that you won't have to teleport much ), but that will be fixed in the next patch if i understood corectly . we'll see if it does :)

there are a lot of builds that would benefit from that change
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
https://www.median-xl.com/changelog

seams most of the underplayed builds in my compilation will get some well deserved buffs . it will be a pleasure updating them starting from next week .
TTraw1
Thunder Beetle
53 | 2
RIP Troll'sin? From what I'm getting it will have half the blades from QoB...
Curlyfries117
Stone Warrior
32 | 1
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ChuckNoRis wrote:https://www.median-xl.com/changelog

seams most of the underplayed builds in my compilation will get some well deserved buffs . it will be a pleasure updating them starting from next week .

What would you say is a safe build to start the new ladder with?
I tired a bowazon over the last few days but found the 0 defense really difficult
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
TTraw1 wrote:RIP Troll'sin? From what I'm getting it will have half the blades from QoB...
not really , it just means a few more points will be spent there while having another skill with less points .also note that overall the damage from ways is better , so the build gets actualy stronger .
Curlyfries117 wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:https://www.median-xl.com/changelog

What would you say is a safe build to start the new ladder with?
I tired a bowazon over the last few days but found the 0 defense really difficult
well , all characters have their ranks , so choose one with 8 , 9, or 10 for safety . i'd try a holy melee build as first option since it got some nice buffs . i will also most probably update those holy melee builds first since i smell a general love going towards the holy melee

the new patch is just bringing some balance and it is made more intuitive for new joiners . i don't know why some people have the impression that it will be like a whole different game or something , 'cause it's not .

most Miniguides will keep the same gameplay and skillplans as they had untill now . There is no major rework required .

the (underused) skills themselves just got stronger overall so that new builds may be played more + the gear will have some re-adjustments in therms of creation options and available stats . And since many of the builds here use exactly those underused skills for more flavour , they now have the chance to step forward into the light more than ever .

the overpowered builds got nerfed , but there arn't so many of them here that will suffer from that .

i'm looking at the 2017 patch as of a "median easy mode" since most of things got easier : no more heroic shields , auto gold pickup , free maps , crafts provide all bonusses and by that it's easyer to get a good craft , ubers are easier to do, most spells got overall stronger than they used to be , reduced timers , increased durations + more stuff ment to make it all easier .
amenda
Prowler
17 | 0
Hey Chuck,

Amazing bunch of guides here. Been enjoying reading through them all. Ive just discovered MedianXL and last played Diablo 2 about 10 years ago. Looking through your builds Im quite drawn to Xena. Think that will work well in the new patch?

Reading around the forums some players feel sorceress is the weakest class but she seems to do well in your rating system.

Anyway, thanks for all the work on these guides and look forward to playing.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
why would it not work well if it used to work great and now it was buffed even more ? :)

if you need any advice , i'll be glad to help .

good luck !
amenda
Prowler
17 | 0
Buffed even more. Glad to hear it. Im not experienced enough with the mod to interpret the patch notes, but I think I'll give her a whirl.

Thanks
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
if you take a look at the changelog , you will see that Bladestorm and Baneblade and the Blade spirits got buffed :) https://www.median-xl.com/changelog