Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
EarthBounder wrote:Using FF for the avoid%. Think I should swap? I almost never have to use Wildfire.
you can stick to FF then
Shade
|
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Solfege wrote:What I'm curious about is why some people aren't allowed to vote at all, and what triggers the suspension of one's voting privilege.
me too . i can't vote since more than a year ago . but w/e i can live without that just as fine

That's strange then. I understood people could vote if they have a positive score, but if you can't vote then there must be more to know.

@ LH / Solflege - yes, I understood that it was a personal taste issue, but it can be abused if someone simply uses it to pursue a personal vendetta against another person without reference to the quality of their posts. In principle it's a sound idea, similar to Disqus on various sites which is meant to be self-moderating (i.e. moderated by the users themselves), but as I say, there should be some way to deal with abuses such as one person repeatedly down-rating another person's posts for no good reason.
Fumbles
Tantrum changes fan
1412 | 183
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Guide Badge
Shade wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Solfege wrote:What I'm curious about is why some people aren't allowed to vote at all, and what triggers the suspension of one's voting privilege.
me too . i can't vote since more than a year ago . but w/e i can live without that just as fine

That's strange then. I understood people could vote if they have a positive score, but if you can't vote then there must be more to know.

@ LH / Solflege - yes, I understood that it was a personal taste issue, but it can be abused if someone simply uses it to pursue a personal vendetta against another person without reference to the quality of their posts. In principle it's a sound idea, similar to Disqus on various sites which is meant to be self-moderating (i.e. moderated by the users themselves), but as I say, there should be some way to deal with abuses such as one person repeatedly down-rating another person's posts for no good reason.

Of the 19 votes that chuck cast before he mysteriously couldn't vote anymore, 11 of them were negs. Did he really find that many many posts worthy of a down vote? Was he downvoting people who disagree with him? I think a person would really have to go out of their way to find that many posts to neg in the time they cookie 8 posts. He lost his privilege to vote because he was clearly abusing the system himself.
Shade
|
^ I didn't realise we could see that info until you said that, I thought it was secret/anonymous. I clicked your username and saw it there. Good to know!

I guess it is fairly anon since we can't see who downvoted a particular post... or can we?
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
I noticed all barbarian guides are outdated. Is there any specific reason for this? Thought barb would be in high demand.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
DeanLew wrote:I noticed all barbarian guides are outdated. Is there any specific reason for this? Thought barb would be in high demand.
time :) i didn't have time to play the barbarian much so all the barbarian builds will have to wait . i'm about to finish updating all the druids this weekend , next on the list are the assassins builds . this means that the barbarians will be updated around mid november most probably .
Edited by ChuckNoRis 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Who's to say there's a personal vendetta against Chuck? Perhaps just a lot of people disagree with what he says or think his comments are worthy of a downvote based on the content of the comments he makes. This goes for any player, not just Chuck. It's the reason downvotes exist.

Enough straying from topic though. If you find an issue with the downvote system, I'm sure there's a thread created for it, or maybe post in the Forum Feedback page. Let's move to keep this thread about Chuck's guides, as it's meant to be.
DeanLew
Azure Drake
169 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
ChuckNoRis wrote:
DeanLew wrote:I noticed all barbarian guides are outdated. Is there any specific reason for this? Thought barb would be in high demand.
time :) i didn't have time to play the barbarian much so all the barbarian builds will have to wait . i'm about to finish updating all the druids this weekend , next on the list are the assassins builds . this means that the barbarians will be updated around mid november most probably .

Alright no problem looking forward to it. By any chance do you know what skills to use/max for a melee barb? If not then I guess I'll have to keep experimenting myself or ask a barb streamer. Thanks
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
3006 | 81
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
There are many ways to play a melee barb,at least 30 totaly different viable combinations of skills gear and stances. Pick anything you consider usefull and there's no way you can fail. By the time you decide on what path you want to go , you will be able to respec in case some of the skillpoints were missplaced.

Good luck !
Shade
|
Chuck - re #18 Maximus... I see in Mid and Late game you have 1 point in the last 3 skills in the Light tree.

I'm just wondering if that's only if using the full set to do the Bane/Hoplite trick?

Otherwise, it seems unlikely that Hoplites would be useful with only 1 point and +skills since we'd be forever re-casting them. But then again...

Maybe Sacred Armour could be situational with 1pt +skills - and having got there, maybe that means you may as well have a point in Hoplites so you can use both skills together for the situations where you just need a few seconds of shielding. Is that the thinking?
Or should we re-assign those 3 skills if we don't have the set (assuming there's anywhere worthwhile, apart from Rapture)?