The 1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
User avatar
Dreamhunter
Cog
207 | 6
First things first... do as you planed. Please reconsider nagisin too, i'm playin' it right now. Hades gate lookin' good so far, but i'm still on hatred, will see later...
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Shadowgate Totem
1797 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
yes , she's in my plans too , the no 50. Momiji will probably make use of the new Hades Gate or i'll be adding a new build based on Hades Gate if it proves worthy . Unfortunately the squishyness problems about the assassin have not been fixed in this patch , unless it has good block+leech/meatshield/crowd controll it often dies like a flee from about mid terror on . unless she avoids the hits , most of the things that hit her are very painfull due to low HP pool , even at maxed resistances and decent damage reduction . i'm not sure if jumping aroud from corpse to corpes with HG will make much difference here .

hatred is easy for every build , so we should not judge so fast :) the pain kicks in from around act 3 terror (-:
User avatar
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
hello Chuck,
much Thanks for putting so much times & efforts for this guide
rather than us doing some blatant researches, this guide really safe my time and so everybody, especially for newbie (like me)
by playing at least one of your guide,
one can learn so much. increasing our MXL knowledge and versatility

since I am a newbie
I have questions
I've read your guide and noticed that only Barb that can achieve score 10 for Safety
I also noticed about MXL is about cb (crushing blow -- crucial!!) and avoidance and poison dmg (for starter) and resistances (late game) and etc etc
right now I want to play as Druid as starter
what's your suggestions?
also
what an early & end-game equipments that I should get for highest avoidance and all resistance?
I want to play safely rather than damage output (but still emphasize it)
and...
thx b4 :-)
Edited by lubronbrons 1 month.
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Shadowgate Totem
1797 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lubronbrons wrote:hello Chuck,
much Thanks for putting so much times & efforts for this guide

right now I want to play as Druid as starter
what's your suggestions?

thx
Hello lubronbrons ,
if it's a tanky druid you are searching , then the tankiest of them is the treewarden as he got a big chunk of HP , good defence and regeneration + he is also packing a good killspeed (decent crushing blow too) . My suggestion would be no. 49 miniguide . You can also take a look at the no. 17 miniguide as that one is also using the Acid Fiends for even more meatshield . Pick what is best for your needs from both the miniguides and try to rush to level 90 once you got to Terror (don't forget the Ennead challenge and LC2 while rushing to 90 ) , as the Lifeshield boost will make your life easier .

the traprat and the wolf are not bad either as they can pack some nice avoid /good block chance , but they are not as tanky as the treewarden and are not very efficent for some of the ubers , besides farming .

good luck !




Barbarian updates :
- Road warrior hawk - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
- Rollo updated to 1.3 , early game changed to using Lion Stance
- Floki - updated gameplay description and skillplan to 1.3 . Rebound is great again
- the Magician - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
- Zohan - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
- Tormund - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
Ith4ca
Skeleton
2 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
Barbarian updates :
- Road warrior hawk - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
- Rollo updated to 1.3 , early game changed to using Lion Stance
- Floki - updated gameplay description and skillplan to 1.3 . Rebound is great again
- the Magician - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
- Zohan - tagged with 1.3 , no change here
- Tormund - tagged with 1.3 , no change here



Thank you so much for your builds and guides! I am just starting the game and it is really helpful. I am refreshing your post daily to see if your last updates so I can pick a build and start my 1st character :)

Thank you again for your efforts and all the help your provide to thousand of people.
User avatar
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
ChuckNoRis wrote:Hello lubronbrons ,
if it's a tanky druid you are searching , then the tankiest of them is the treewarden as he got a big chunk of HP , good defence and regeneration + he is also packing a good killspeed (decent crushing blow too) . My suggestion would be no. 49 miniguide . You can also take a look at the no. 17 miniguide as that one is also using the Acid Fiends for even more meatshield . Pick what is best for your needs from both the miniguides and try to rush to level 90 once you got to Terror (don't forget the Ennead challenge and LC2 while rushing to 90 ) , as the Lifeshield boost will make your life easier .

the traprat and the wolf are not bad either as they can pack some nice avoid /good block chance , but they are not as tanky as the treewarden and are not very efficent for some of the ubers , besides farming .

good luck !


alrighty !
level challenges & charms, noted
Good things that I only play MXL in SP :) so
I will start my gameplay as traprat,
and with that mxl offline tool,
I will do respec in mid game and become treewarden for better safety,
also I'm curious
what is the best avoidance + resistance equipment set, could you enlighten me please ??
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Shadowgate Totem
1797 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
please define what do you mean exactly when you say "avoidance" and "resistance" (physical damage reduction ?? resistances to spells ?? ) so i can provide the proper answer . this "avoidance" therm you are using sounds a bit vague as it can mean at least 2 things (low chance to be hit/high chance to avoid the hits)

also , why would you start as traprat and respec later to treewarden ? just for the flavour ? it makes no sense otherwise . it's not like quill storm kills faster than thorn strike or wildfire .
User avatar
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
oh alright
I mean this, example
Elemental Fury
Elemental Fury
Elemental Children Set
Kazarghand (Sacred)

Defense: (4379-5155) to (5021-5911)
Required Dexterity: 467
Required Level: 100
(Sorceress Only)
+(4 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(16 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+17 to Lightning Wall
(21 to 30)% Bonus to Energy
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
All Resists +(21 to 30)%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Requirements -15%
Socketed (6)
we could see it has 10% Chance to Avoid Damage prop
that's what I want :) since I am new in MXL I would like some advice to gather such items for my armament

I plan to start as traprat for easy mob,
while I choose to be tw later for better safety play I think (?)
when I asked around, it seem I interested in ofc ssin too btw~
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Shadowgate Totem
1797 | 44
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
lubronbrons wrote:oh alright
I mean this, example
Elemental Fury
Elemental Fury
Elemental Children Set
Kazarghand (Sacred)

Defense: (4379-5155) to (5021-5911)
Required Dexterity: 467
Required Level: 100
(Sorceress Only)
+(4 to 5) to Sorceress Skill Levels
+(16 to 25)% to Lightning Spell Damage
+17 to Lightning Wall
(21 to 30)% Bonus to Energy
+(58 to 86)% Enhanced Defense
All Resists +(21 to 30)%
10% Chance to Avoid Damage
Requirements -15%
Socketed (6)
we could see it has 10% Chance to Avoid Damage prop
that's what I want :) since I am new in MXL I would like some advice to gather such items for my armament
well since you put it this way , why not go as wolf if you want a druid with high avoid ?

between the 3 morph options , the traprat gets access to easy max block chance , the treewarden has access to the highest character defense , the wolf can get the highest chance to avoid .

the wolf form is adding avoid , choosing Faerie Fire as uberskill adds some more avoid , putting points into elvensong is also boosting the avoid (via Symbiosis - check skill description) . you can add some items that boost the avoid too (some druid helms can get that ,
Windsinger
Windsinger
Falcon Mask (Sacred)

Defense: (1497-1696) to (1602-1801)
Required Strength: 454
Required Level: 100
(Druid Only)
40% Faster Run/Walk
60% Increased Attack Speed
40% Faster Block Rate
Adds 13-38 damage
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
(31 to 40)% Bonus to Dexterity
+(501 to 700) Defense
15% Chance to Avoid Damage
10% Chance of Uninterruptable Attack
Socketed (4)

provides the most) ,
Bilefroth Skin
Bilefroth Skin
Henchmen Trophies Set
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (9861 to 11643)
Required Strength: 307
Required Level: 100
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
50% Increased Overall Speed
+200% Enhanced Defense
+1500 Defense
5% Chance to Avoid Damage
Damage Reduced by 10%
Requirements -50%
Socketed (6)
adds 5 more ,
Eddard's Ice
Eddard's Ice
Claymore (Sacred)

One-Hand Damage: (97-108) to (225-361)
Two-Hand Damage: (146-162) to (273-415)
Required Strength: 900
Required Level: 100
Current Strength Damage Bonus: (76/256 Per Strength)%
50% Increased Attack Speed
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Damage
+(125 to 250) to Maximum Damage
(10 to 13)% Chance of Crushing Blow
+150% Bonus to Summoned Minion Life
+100 to Vitality
5% Chance to Avoid Damage
All Resists +(30 to 40)%
+50 Life on Attack
Requirements +100%
Socketed (4)

adds 5 more , just check the docs on what would suit your build .

the wolf is a great farmer via Harbinger , has decent single target killer with Twisted claw , it now has less mana issues this patch , you should try it out . There is a full guide for it already here viewtopic.php?f=40&t=5693

lubronbrons wrote:I plan to start as traprat for easy mob
with the treewarden is at least as easy , if not a bit better , reason why it makes no sense to go as traprat if you will play as treewarden later on anyway .

lubronbrons wrote:when I asked around, it seem I interested in ofc ssin too btw~
in what regards the highest chance to %avoid , yes , she can get to the highest value , unfortunately getting there is painfull as she got low hp and so, whatever damage she doesn't avoid gets her killed in very few hits . Unless she also packs max block (this also requires some efforts) and decent %physical damage reduction too , she is very squishy . at least for now , she is not very suited for untwinked gaming . The high chance to avoid is trying to make up for her lack of defense (she has a high chance to be hit) and low HP , but it's not enough .


the high chance to avoid things is not always enough to be very tanky . you often need more than that , be it max block or high Hp , or high defence / some meatshield.

the wolf is very close to the ammount of avoid an assassin can reach .

Ith4ca wrote:
► Show Spoiler



Thank you so much for your builds and guides! I am just starting the game and it is really helpful. I am refreshing your post daily to see if your last updates so I can pick a build and start my 1st character :)

Thank you again for your efforts and all the help your provide to thousand of people.
i'm glad my work is helping you . Good luck !
User avatar
lubronbrons
Banned
36 | -4
thank you for your patience Chuck
now I wonder why many hate your guides (I've seen it in Discord)... coz you are nice enough to helps people

wolf druid ?
gonna try that later :) ty for the link

ahh I see, so in the end game should using tw build

you bet I want to play like God in mxl at least once and wanting it in my very first gameplay -- hoping an easy peasy gameplay, with full abuse in the end game