The 1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

Find a handful of guides and walkthroughs here!
thedarkbobo
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SinClaire wrote:But I do mean a different skill to take other than shamanic trance. I'll give shamanic trance a try.
you only got a few main skills that you are maxing and therefore you have some spare points left . dumping them into shamanic trance and spirits are providing you a good damage boost (450% for 30 points dumped there ) that i don't see why you would not want to have . nobody complained about having too much damage untill now . it's a very welcomed buff imo as you got the spare points to dump there already . if you don't want that (by some unknown reason that i cannot understand ) , you can dump them into ancient blood and increase the max level of the other main skills (and your max life along with it) , or wherever else you think you want (Daedalus or Fortress or whatever you want to try) , but that would mean playing another build


Ha I am on similar experiments here, trying out Crane stance build (mid game gear) - since no Xis rune at the moment the issue is if I use this as main hand then it will be tad worse than Nimmen, so okay maybe off hand? Well damage is slightly higher with +16 Crane stance than with TU Gilded shield(which gives us STR based bonus). And we loose 10% DR and we loose block but we get some avoid, but we cannot use other stance. So I am not so sure it is a best choice at the moment. So not sure if main point of Crane is added damage or the avoid.
Kraken stance was quite nice in terms of displayed added damage, though still trying to roll a good craft.

So for now as usual with the issue of not having end game gear and experimenting - nimmen+TU shield 6 points deathgaze. Bear stance for 40% dr as a main stance. Rebel armor for 300%ew and stats. Trying to roll Colosseum to check it out since won't be using fort anymore(lack of points really).

Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2005 | 41
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
thedarkbobo wrote:Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?
excuse me , but is this a joke or you did not even bother to check what shamanic trance does / how much damage it adds ? with 14 hard pioints into shamanic trance it adds 15% EWD per hard point invested into the spirit tree . 30 points into the tree = 450% EWD


anyhow , i don't know what build you are playing , but it's certainly not the Die Hard build
thedarkbobo
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
ChuckNoRis wrote:
thedarkbobo wrote:Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?
excuse me , but is this a joke or you did not even bother to check what shamanic trance does / how much damage it adds ? with 14 hard pioints into shamanic trance it adds 15% EWD per hard point invested into the spirit tree . 30 points into the tree = 450% EWD


anyhow , i don't know what build you are playing , but it's certainly not the Die Hard build

Damn and I have new glasses. This "aha" moment....aaaah.. thanks :)
SinClaire
Cultist
20 | 0
thedarkbobo wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SinClaire wrote:But I do mean a different skill to take other than shamanic trance. I'll give shamanic trance a try.
you only got a few main skills that you are maxing and therefore you have some spare points left . dumping them into shamanic trance and spirits are providing you a good damage boost (450% for 30 points dumped there ) that i don't see why you would not want to have . nobody complained about having too much damage untill now . it's a very welcomed buff imo as you got the spare points to dump there already . if you don't want that (by some unknown reason that i cannot understand ) , you can dump them into ancient blood and increase the max level of the other main skills (and your max life along with it) , or wherever else you think you want (Daedalus or Fortress or whatever you want to try) , but that would mean playing another build


Ha I am on similar experiments here, trying out Crane stance build (mid game gear) - since no Xis rune at the moment the issue is if I use this as main hand then it will be tad worse than Nimmen, so okay maybe off hand? Well damage is slightly higher with +16 Crane stance than with TU Gilded shield(which gives us STR based bonus). And we loose 10% DR and we loose block but we get some avoid, but we cannot use other stance. So I am not so sure it is a best choice at the moment. So not sure if main point of Crane is added damage or the avoid.
Kraken stance was quite nice in terms of displayed added damage, though still trying to roll a good craft.

So for now as usual with the issue of not having end game gear and experimenting - nimmen+TU shield 6 points deathgaze. Bear stance for 40% dr as a main stance. Rebel armor for 300%ew and stats. Trying to roll Colosseum to check it out since won't be using fort anymore(lack of points really).

Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?


I skipped the Die Hard build altogether so I could use a better weapon, while having Bear Stance active. I found Crane stance to be meh in general. So yeah I'm not really playing the die hard build anymore. I found that it's easier to get ED than DR.
thedarkbobo
Stone Warrior
30 | 0
SinClaire wrote:
thedarkbobo wrote:
ChuckNoRis wrote:
SinClaire wrote:But I do mean a different skill to take other than shamanic trance. I'll give shamanic trance a try.
you only got a few main skills that you are maxing and therefore you have some spare points left . dumping them into shamanic trance and spirits are providing you a good damage boost (450% for 30 points dumped there ) that i don't see why you would not want to have . nobody complained about having too much damage untill now . it's a very welcomed buff imo as you got the spare points to dump there already . if you don't want that (by some unknown reason that i cannot understand ) , you can dump them into ancient blood and increase the max level of the other main skills (and your max life along with it) , or wherever else you think you want (Daedalus or Fortress or whatever you want to try) , but that would mean playing another build


Ha I am on similar experiments here, trying out Crane stance build (mid game gear) - since no Xis rune at the moment the issue is if I use this as main hand then it will be tad worse than Nimmen, so okay maybe off hand? Well damage is slightly higher with +16 Crane stance than with TU Gilded shield(which gives us STR based bonus). And we loose 10% DR and we loose block but we get some avoid, but we cannot use other stance. So I am not so sure it is a best choice at the moment. So not sure if main point of Crane is added damage or the avoid.
Kraken stance was quite nice in terms of displayed added damage, though still trying to roll a good craft.

So for now as usual with the issue of not having end game gear and experimenting - nimmen+TU shield 6 points deathgaze. Bear stance for 40% dr as a main stance. Rebel armor for 300%ew and stats. Trying to roll Colosseum to check it out since won't be using fort anymore(lack of points really).

Shamanic Trance seems not worth point investment(2% base dmg per point) compared to Deadalus - or am I missing something?


I skipped the Die Hard build altogether so I could use a better weapon, while having Bear Stance active. I found Crane stance to be meh in general. So yeah I'm not really playing the die hard build anymore. I found that it's easier to get ED than DR.


Same here, DR is generally hard to get unless I swap all the MF or stat boosts. Also that's why I considered Deadalus for added flat dmg(and life) instead of more %EWD. Not sure how does it all fit together while trying to cap block with STR char..might need to get dex weapon in the end and run it differently, closer to Fort build.
Now Colosseum seems great - just (obviously) locks Thunder slam. Still way forward for me.though I will now have to stick to crafted offhand.

// anyway thanks for the guides! It is just theorycrafting and seems like best topic to do so
User avatar
Taem
Amazon Warrior
1669 | 40
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Do you have any gameplay footage of: #26.1.3. Die Hard? I'd really like to see it in action with end-game gear on or completing some ubers.
User avatar
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2005 | 41
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
i had some of it on my twitch channel this summer , but the vids are no longer available as they got eraced in about 2 weeks after they were created , it's the limited period that twitch can keep them there . if time allows it , i will take the Die Hard for a spin again these days (today or tomorrow) and will post here when i will start streaming for it . in case you won't be on to see it live , the vids will be there for 2 weeks .
Tanin
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Quick question about Xena, why is dexterity the main star? What benefits does it hold for the sorceres?

Thanks for this guide btw
MadeLaidMan
Stygian Watcher
44 | 0
More Dex = More Weapon Damage for that build. Nothing else matters for Melee Sorcs.
Tanin
Thunder Beetle
59 | 0
Hello,

I'm am following the Xena sorceress. Currently level 104 act 5 Terror with T6 early game uniques.

I must say it is quite hard and I easily get killed.
Am I missing something?