The MedianXL 2017 v1.3 SP Miniguides Compilation

LeOsTyLe
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Hello Chuck,

in the Eastern Sun Mod i played Immolation Sorc and it was very funny. In Median XL its called Cataclysm. Do you think its viable in Median XL, too?

When yes) I saw the oskill can spawn on necro secpters (lvl ~20), there is an scepter rw which gives the oskill as well (lvl ~20), but the highest oskill lvl comes from a su sorc armor (lvl ~40). Do you think sorc is the best to build a Cataclysm build? I saw there is a paladin proc weapon with 40% ctc lvl60 Cataclysm, maybe better ctc as cast it self?

When no) Which build do you think i should take, when i want to play a build like a "nova sorc" teleport on something and nova it to dead? I though on pounce, but i read it isnt in sigma so good? Is there a viable build which this kind of nova playstyle?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2532 | 51
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
hello . i have never played other than regular d2 and Median (since 2007 until this day) , so i don't know how/what does Eastern Sun has to give

regarding Cataclysm , it deals more damage in a short-mid range as there will be more fireballs hitting the same target . for big AoE fights it's not very usefull as the fireballs distance between each other increases and it's not efficient .

the damage it deals can be considered "decent" only if you get it from 2 sources (weapon + armor / dual weapon if you are a barbarian) . Since those are only coming on late/end game gear , i don't see how can you build a sorc around that . at best , you will be able to respec from another build to a Cataclysm build after you get the necessary gear to make it viable .

you can go for an Arcane Torrent mana-sorc build , as that will prove more efficient (similar type of nova balls) and can be played from early to end game as intended , instead of just respec'ing to it .

teleporting with a sorc inside a pack of mobs is not recomended unless it's quite tanky and can take a few hard hits in the face . Being a caster , you will need some minions around to be able to do that as your defence will suck . you can get Blink in early game (Pax Mystica RW )-> Switch to Divine Apparition (Kabbalah RW)
LeOsTyLe
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Thanks. I have currently a lvl 139 deathgaze barb. He runs every farming rift super fast. But i am looking for some variety. Maybe i try your advice with the 2x oskill scepter dual whield.
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2532 | 51
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
you can go for a summoner /spell caster build (dual Apostasy RW) and use timerless spirit walk to jump from pack to pack (see miniguide 22 as inspiration http://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.ph ... 491#link22 )

it was actually built towards this dual Apostasy setup 9 years ago (see here https://web.archive.org/web/20110911194 ... f3da348f20)
Edited by ChuckNoRis 1 month.
LeOsTyLe
Stygian Watcher
43 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Yes, this is my plan. I use the timerless spirit walk at moment with deathgaze. Works very good. The points in sprit tree not only reduce the cool down it on top increase my dmg as well due to shamic trance.

Edit: thanks for the link.
MUS01
Rust Claw
84 | -3
Hello Chuck. I have a question about Floki build. I'm playing 1.3. In the description of Shamanic trance I read: +weapon damage per base level in the spirit tree. (MAX 15% ) So, I see the skill point and I see 27 hard points in the spirit tree. How much damage you get? A)15% total, or B)15 x 27= 400% weapon damage?
Also, if you get 300% weapon damage from soft points in spirit guide, Would not a better idea investing those 27 hard points in Spirit guide, giving 400% ED from hard points, and getting at the same time another 300% from the soft points in spirit guide ?
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2532 | 51
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
your answer is below the skillplan . if you want to try different things , feel free to do so .
ChuckNoRis
Flying Polar Buffalo
2532 | 51
Great Posting Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
for those who are keep asking me for the old 1.3.2 docs , use this link https://web.archive.org/web/20181226122 ... an-xl.com/ . it takes some time to load , so have patience , but all pages are accessible .