Natalya, The Insomniac [1.3]

Tigetmp
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Sorry for double posting this here and the "short questions" thread, but I wasn't sure where it would be more appropriate, and it seemed like it would be relevant to this build's use of scorpion blade:

After searching through various threads on these forums, I'm not sure about certain aspects of scorpion blade mechanics and how to build around them, so here goes:

1. The new patch (1.3) states that "Poison clouds stack, so increasing projectiles adds both aoe and single target damage". Does this mean that there will be stacking instances of poison? I didn't think there would be, as I thought the base diablo II engine allowed only a instance of poison on a monster at one point in time.

2. If multiple instances of poison are stacked by stacking poison clouds, how do stacking poison clouds translate to stacking poison? Is it one instance of poison per cloud? One instance applied per cloud per second? Something else? What is the next delay per cloud?

3. If multiple instances of poison are not allowed per different cloud stacks, what advantage does the cloud provide for poison damage? Is it just that multiple clouds increase the likelihood of getting the max poison range active at any point in time(e.g. cloud 1 inflicts poison of 5dps and cloud 2 inflicts poison of 7dps, so the monster get a poison of 7dps versus 5dps were there to only be cloud 1).

4. Do the stacking clouds inflict weapon damage, or is weapon damage only inflicted by the initial knife hit and not the cloud? I saw this question asked earlier, and was answered both "yes" and "no".

5. If the answer to question 4 is "yes", then what is the next delay of poison cloud weapon damage per cloud? And would each cloud have it's own separate next delay?

6. If the answer to 4 and 5 are "yes" and the answer to 1 is "no", would it make sense to stack weapon damage (both higher physical damage on the weapon and +elemental damage) and procs, keep scorpion blade at 1 point, and max mkv and fire and lightning ways to increase weapon damage?

7. I have +8 life on attack on my throwing knife and am not noticing any life gain on hitting an enemy with scorpion blade (and I'm pretty sure I'm directly hitting the enemy and not just a wall behind him). Is there a reason life on attack wouldn't work with scorpion blade? (it's a ranged attack, it counts as a spell, etc?)

8. Would +life on striking work for either the poison clouds or the initial knife hit? Would +life on striking benefit from stacking clouds?

9. If the answer to question 1, 4, and 5 are all "no" (i.e. stacked poison clouds don't inflict additional poison instances and don't do separate instances of weapon damage), then what is the benefit of poison clouds stacking for scorpion blade?

Sorry for this being a rather long question but the answer to each question above would fairly significantly change the way I'd build the character.

Thank you very much for any and all help.
hahaboy718
Dark Huntress
11 | 0
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
I dont understand what wychwind does in this build, is it just for the stun or does it do damage?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
hahaboy718 wrote:I dont understand what wychwind does in this build, is it just for the stun or does it do damage?

It does damage after 5 seconds. If the knifes that fly in a circle hit the middle again. And then it multihits a lot.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
► Show Spoiler

https://forum.median-xl.com/viewtopic.php?p=201034#p201034

hahaboy718 wrote:I dont understand what wychwind does in this build, is it just for the stun or does it do damage?

Our main skill is scorpion blade, we go around just walking > scorpioni blade > walking > scorpion blade.
If we find a poison immune, we just let merc+ the reanimates we made along the way to tank for us while we either a) maelstrom MKI or if the enemy is too tanky/we need more dmg b) use wychwind
Zerashy
Imp
5 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Does this build not make any use of Su's? If so, what suggestions might you have?
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Just noticing that the recommended rings are out-dated. Singularity only has a 1% chance to proc now instead of 5. Would you say these are still the best rings or if you were to replacing them with something, what would it be?
vangpride
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Legendary Supporter Badge
Donated 25 times
Bagboy_Brown wrote:Just noticing that the recommended rings are out-dated. Singularity only has a 1% chance to proc now instead of 5. Would you say these are still the best rings or if you were to replacing them with something, what would it be?

Going to be replacing them with Rare +1 skills all with +cold or Psn damage and - Enemies resistances /stats/other QoL stats.
vangpride
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Donated 25 times
Zerashy wrote:Does this build not make any use of Su's? If so, what suggestions might you have?

I think this is more of a template or base to start off. You're going to want to go off another build that's actually focused on killing. Check the Compile 1.3 Build guides. I'm following one on there and it's doing really well. The guide i'm following uses two different elemental damage so you'll have to build around that but Psn is our main damage. My Assassin is no where geared to Mid or End game and she's already at 40K Scorpio Blade. Just focus on the usual stuff. IAS/FHR/Res/DR%. Def doesn't matter unless you're going for block but being as fragile as we are better off just kiting which is what i do.

I'm planning on making her a farmer for Dunc,TA,Dcows which are my main 3. Also you'll want +Psn Skill damage and whatever the other element for you Sin is with - Enemies resistances.
Somnus
Joyboy
1336 | 126
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Great Showcase Badge
Bored at work? Come watch my stream!
Great Guide Badge
Created 3 complete character guides
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Zerashy wrote:Does this build not make any use of Su's? If so, what suggestions might you have?

No, it doesnt, since your goal is to get limpet laser build (which min/maxed gear is sacred shrine crafted gear). The only one you'd have to get would be The flying saucer, for farming (since it boost your speed/MF).

Bagboy_Brown wrote:Just noticing that the recommended rings are out-dated. Singularity only has a 1% chance to proc now instead of 5. Would you say these are still the best rings or if you were to replacing them with something, what would it be?

For amulets/rings on scorpion blade, use whatever as long as it has +1sk and mana regen, for limpet laser you can use whatever as long as it has +1sk(amulets +3/4)/pierce/spell damage/mana regen (+ if you can also get a life roll even better) the rest is just whatever, not really needed.

vangpride wrote:
I think this is more of a template or base to start off. You're going to want to go off another build that's actually focused on killing. Check the Compile 1.3 Build guides. I'm following one on there and it's doing really well. The guide i'm following uses two different elemental damage so you'll have to build around that but Psn is our main damage. My Assassin is no where geared to Mid or End game and she's already at 40K Scorpio Blade. Just focus on the usual stuff. IAS/FHR/Res/DR%. Def doesn't matter unless you're going for block but being as fragile as we are better off just kiting which is what i do.

I'm planning on making her a farmer for Dunc,TA,Dcows which are my main 3. Also you'll want +Psn Skill damage and whatever the other element for you Sin is with - Enemies resistances.

1) No, it's not a template or base to ''start off''. This build gets into limpet laser after you get your crafts, and lets you clear 99,99% (except samael, which cannot be soloed as ssin)
2) Dont use shit compilations, those are for people who play SP with a cheated shared stash (like its owner has) with all items and not useful for new players who really want to start this game.
3) My Scorpion blade with TU6 can get up to 150k+ with only TU6 and she focus on reanimates/merc to tank those poison immune while melting the non immunes. Then, progressing into limpet laser build.

Hope I cleared it out for you bagboy_brown and Zerashy.
vangpride
Dark Huntress
13 | 0
Donated 25 times
Somnus wrote:

No, it doesnt, since your goal is to get limpet laser build (which min/maxed gear is sacred shrine crafted gear). The only one you'd have to get would be The flying saucer, for farming (since it boost your speed/MF).

For amulets/rings on scorpion blade, use whatever as long as it has +1sk and mana regen, for limpet laser you can use whatever as long as it has +1sk(amulets +3/4)/pierce/spell damage/mana regen (+ if you can also get a life roll even better) the rest is just whatever, not really needed.

vangpride wrote:

1) No, it's not a template or base to ''start off''. This build gets into limpet laser after you get your crafts, and lets you clear 99,99% (except samael, which cannot be soloed as ssin)
2) Dont use shit compilations, those are for people who play SP with a cheated shared stash (like its owner has) with all items and not useful for new players who really want to start this game.
3) My Scorpion blade with TU6 can get up to 150k+ with only TU6 and she focus on reanimates/merc to tank those poison immune while melting the non immunes. Then, progressing into limpet laser build.

Hope I cleared it out for you bagboy_brown and Zerashy.

Oh damn. Lol yeah i'm new to the Sin builds and i guess i use the guides more of how to build it correctly. I use Limp and Scorpio. :) What build do yo uuse? Could pm me more details?