Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
so my lvl 52 has built 4 honourifics to go into terror with you list 6 things min life min res all resist.. minion dam..cold dmg..mf etc should i MO them all in this order? and do i need 5 mo min res? for each??that would give 80% total min res.. what is the max applicable at terror and dest lvl so i know if i really have space

and at 52lvl i can obviously only fill about 40% of the orbs on each honourific item should i stagger em? like 5 min life (20 lvls)on each and 4minion res (16lvls)on each and 1 min dmg (4lvl) (or should this be cold dmg?) and 3 all resist (12lvls) and then add minion dmg and cold dmg and mf as i go uop in lvls? so i get 160% total min life from these 4 items and 64% minion res.. and 72% all resist and either 32 min dmg or 32 cold dmg ?(depending on which you suggest i use or should i split min dmg and cold dmgs 2items and 2items ? til i hit 5.. at lvl 68? and then swamp filling min dmg whjere i have 5 cold dmg and cold dmg where i have 5 min dmg.. ??

im using tu6 orbiter belt and the mask the gold one tu 6 and heavy gloves tu6 and the lion..whatever its called tu 6 boots

im not sure when i should switch over to using my honourific set???
it seems like right now at mid 50s im not gaining anything even with the focus of honorifics.. should i wait til i hit mid high 60s 70s and have each honourific nicely orbed?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
You can farm baal in hatred till level 60 really easily (Only kill the mobs in baals throneroom, don't kill baal. He's just too annoying to fight)

That way you'll be able to apply 3 full sets of mystic orbs on each honorific. Important is minions resist (capped at 75% in destruction. But the more you have, the better since there are somtimes enemies that can reduce the resist (mainly act5 in terror. Still capping resist in terror is a good bonus)) and your own resist (so you won't die of some elemental attack that pierces through your summons.)

Minion life is simply a bonus that is too good to not use. It makes all minions tanky against any attacks. You'll need this for Death Projector (Level Challenge 2) So you should at least have your minions HP at maximum possibly when you attempt LC2. (don't forget to respec for LC 2 though)

Cold spell damage isn't that much of importance at this part of the game and neither is magic find. Even minion damage isn't much profitable throughout the whole game. It's only good to kill some bosses faster, but for now you don't need to worry about it since frostclaw totem is good enough on its own.

Feel free to experiment by yourself when using the mystic orbs.

I'd advice to use honorifics because that way you get exactly the bonus that you need.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
no no that makes sense and cool and for MF i just made a ton of greater mf potions drink at boss fights or farm drop areas 250% mf for 3 minutes that wayu i dont have to try taking up spaces with mf gear.. or maybe ill make a second set of gear for farming specific drop areas... and for honourifics and orbs orb all 4 pieces up to req lvl 60..... i got it so max min life orbs.5.. max min resis orbs..5. max all resist orbs 5 of each and that will put me at lvl 60... and ready to start terror..
and as i advance past 60.. orb minion dmg first then cold dmg? and mf pretty equal? or even hold off on mf if ive other ways of raising MF%

and what do you mean respec for lc2??

you mean go from 5-8 in skeletal flayers to 1 in flayers and boost nightwalker up?>??as yuour stat and skill changes listed here?>?:
"
Level Challenge 2 - Death Projector

Max Level: 90
You don't actually have to respec for this challenge if you went along with the previous skillplan. the only difference is having 1 point in Skeletal Flayers only (instead of 5-8), but you can do it either way. The only important thing is to have a maxed Frostclaw totem. It's also adviced that you get to level 84 at least before doing this challenge, just for the steamroll effect.

Skillplan: LC2

Max: Frostclaw totem, Death Fury Totem, Howling Totem, Embalming
1-Pointers: all summons, Bend the Shadows
Rest: Nightwalker"

oh yeah id def do that as i already am mostly speced that way now except for lowering skeletal to 1 and raising nightwalker with all extra so the totems dont die..
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
how hard are cows?? any special strategy?? and any equip changes if i manage to hit 121?? not there yet but now that ive broken 100 and am in the later part of the game was wondering
Edited by bradr 6 years.
Prime_Evil
Kraken Guard
2331 | 213
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
at 121 you can use Xis runewords. Dest Cows are manageable enough if you can tank/dodge your way through destruction well enough.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Dcows in itself are easy to do. The merc spreads the damage so easily, that you won't have any problems.

Tcows are very manageable. Dcows as well, but yeah... you have to kill Baal in destruction first. And I have an idea how to kill him, but I'm still not ready to reveal it since I didn't manage yet.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
I've been playing Grim Dawn, so don't have any idea how the last couple patches are since my last necro guide, however what I did to defeat him with my summoner was to summon my army in the throne room, then use Jitans Gate (I think that's the teleporting skill) the second I went through the red portal to telebomb Baal. However, without multires, I'm not sure how possible this would be in realms. And my success rate was very, very low. Like, my teleport had to be within miliseconds to reach Baal and kill him without his shardspawn overwhelming my army, which is also why I never recorded it after failing so many times, lol.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
moved
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
Prime_Evil wrote:at 121 you can use Xis runewords. Dest Cows are manageable enough if you can tank/dodge your way through destruction well enough.

i know re the" xis "runewords thats why i wondered if there were any gearing suggestions /changes,... that might be worth looking at..when we hit lvl 121..

HechtHeftig wrote:Dcows in itself are easy to do. The merc spreads the damage so easily, that you won't have any problems.

Tcows are very manageable. Dcows as well, but yeah... you have to kill Baal in destruction first. And I have an idea how to kill him, but I'm still not ready to reveal it since I didn't manage yet.

yeah theres always the caveat "but you have to kill baal in dest "that seems to always be the catch.....
ohh cool well i hope your cunning plan works and youre able to share it ..and reproduce it ..

and with access to Xis runewords any gearing changes you might put forth as worth checking out??

thanks btw how did writing exams go?dont know if youre talking tripos or gcse so either good luck getting joint dble first with distictions
or 10+ alvls @ a* and S lvls(hmm though im sure by now the whole s lvls for actual scholarships has been gutted or doesnt exsist at all
*yeah im older than dirty*

Taem wrote:I've been playing Grim Dawn, so don't have any idea how the last couple patches are since my last necro guide, however what I did to defeat him with my summoner was to summon my army in the throne room, then use Jitans Gate (I think that's the teleporting skill) the second I went through the red portal to telebomb Baal. However, without multires, I'm not sure how possible this would be in realms. And my success rate was very, very low. Like, my teleport had to be within miliseconds to reach Baal and kill him without his shardspawn overwhelming my army, which is also why I never recorded it after failing so many times, lol.

re teem that sound a bit tricky for me im a pensioner well not really as i have means but im of that age so im not sure id have the reaction time to get away with that without an incredible amount of additional luck
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Dcows in itself are easy to do. The merc spreads the damage so easily, that you won't have any problems.

yeah theres always the caveat "but you have to kill baal in dest "that seems to always be the catch.....
ohh cool well i hope your cunning plan works and youre able to share it ..and reproduce it ..

and with access to Xis runewords any gearing changes you might put forth as worth checking out??

thanks btw how did writing exams go?dont know if youre talking tripos or gcse so either good luck getting joint dble first with distictions
or 10+ alvls @ a* and S lvls(hmm though im sure by now the whole s lvls for actual scholarships has been gutted or doesnt exsist at all
*yeah im older than dirty*

Actually, there is not a single XIS runeword, that profits this build.

I wrote only 1 exam until now and I still don't know how I finished it. The next part of the exam starts in 5 weeks. After that sometime in January I have 2 oral exams. So yeah... I'm still busy for a couple of months.

Taem wrote:I've been playing Grim Dawn, so don't have any idea how the last couple patches are since my last necro guide, however what I did to defeat him with my summoner was to summon my army in the throne room, then use Jitans Gate (I think that's the teleporting skill) the second I went through the red portal to telebomb Baal. However, without multires, I'm not sure how possible this would be in realms. And my success rate was very, very low. Like, my teleport had to be within miliseconds to reach Baal and kill him without his shardspawn overwhelming my army, which is also why I never recorded it after failing so many times, lol.

Well, baal has changed a lot. Now he teleports like crazy on hit, casts a slower version of Death Strike, that kills you if you don't move half a screen away. Plus when you use summons or a merc, Baal summons all act bosses that grant Baal himself an invulnerability aura. And since this all isn't enough yet, he regularly knocks you back with a vice-versa avalanche and burns your mana at times, and he summons minions that teleport on you and attack you. even if you move, those enemies will still pounce on you.

So yeah... it's no good killing him with a summoner. You need a spell with decent damage but at the same time a spell that you can cast and forget (so standing in order to cast is no good at all)