Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
btw for anyone following the guide do the terror sewers after you hit lvl 90 and get your lc2 charm bonus and your enead spell cause when you have 1 point in deathward.. it gives you 15? ish skill lvls after adds and bonuses... like 560% to defense ior something...and takes your honourific equip defense from 5600 too 25k...
so so much easier to do the sewer when you actually have a defense score and arent super squishy..

its a breeze to get that terror lvl act 2 sewers skill book then
and really really hard to do it before you get deathward and hit 90 so you can cast it
Kylrath
Bone Archer
75 | 4
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
bradr wrote:btw for anyone following the guide do the terror sewers after you hit lvl 90 and get your lc2 charm bonus and your enead spell cause when you have 1 point in deathward.. it gives you 15? ish skill lvls after adds and bonuses... like 560% to defense ior something...and takes your honourific equip defense from 5600 too 25k...
so so much easier to do the sewer when you actually have a defense score and arent super squishy..

its a breeze to get that terror lvl act 2 sewers skill book then
and really really hard to do it before you get deathward and hit 90 so you can cast it

Just read and follow the guide. You wont cast deathward its not a spell.
Terror sewers is hard , if your struggle with it go back later. You need resist to survive there not def, but if you do it well you wont get any damage. Your minions tank and protect you :)
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
yes i know i did d it easily im not sure youunderstood me and i know deathward iasnt a cast its passive..

im pretty sure you didnt understand me its all good i did it easily.. no need to go back...
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Yes, any merchant that has the option to gamble can be used. The items the gamblers are offering you depend on your character level. The higher your level, the better the outcome will be.

As for the Rare Downlevel recipe: this rerolls an item to a ilvl 1 item. That means all the modifiers it previously had will poof. This recipe has a different use than one might notice at first: It is meant to create a low-level base item for shrine crafting. That way, the items won't roll any good modifiers, but the modifiers from the shrine will stay the same. So even if you have an item with ilvl 1, the stats of the shrine will always appear with the possibility to roll the maximum value. You can use it for example for the gloves in this build, since no good affixes aside from -enemy cold resist will spawn on it if it has ilvl 99. That way you can have 80% minion life gloves with an item level of 1, which gives you tons of space for mystic orbs. I never used that recipe tbh :D

Concerning the staff: I used a magic T1 Marrow staff until I farmed the Ghal rune. It had no other affixes other than +13 to necromancer skill levels. So what stats you roll on it aren't very important other than the +skill levels. However, before you try to punch sockets into it, you're best off to upgrade it to T6. Otherwise, you'll be left with only 1 to 5 sockets.
Other affixes that can greatly benefit you are -enemy cold resist, cold spell damage, minion life, +maximum minions (it can spawn with up to +4 maximum necromancer minions I think), Overlord (it's a summon that grants you +maximum necromancer minions. However, I've never used it before and can't tell how many minions you gain that way), Totembound Guardians (very strong and plentyful minions. You can summon more if you stay close to your totems), +1 extra totem, and Hounfor. If I remember correctly you can get only 1 of these last 5 affixes I enumerated.

okay so i just hit 105 i got a 12 skill lvl 44% fire dam 10 lvls cataclysm tier 1..
marrow staff.. so i figure if i up it to tier 6 and socket 6 goot +min life ist crafted jewels that be good and maybe a few orbs min life?? or min dmg? or cold dmg??

also just had a pair of sacred guantlets drop.. but i noticed that seems to be a case where i could use rare item downlevel and strip it down to lvl 1... (gauntlets+ring+amulet> lvl 1 rare gauntlets)
and then shrine bless it magical and then have lotsa space for orbs?? or is it better to just magic shrine craft it have it be like a lvl 80/90 ish item but get dble orb effect seems being lvl 1 item would be better since you said no good affixs proc for gauntlets might as wewll striop the rare sacred down to ilvl 1 and orb away right??

lastly what should i use my 3 rare creates on?? now that im 105 so ill be making ilvl 99 items..
what things should i consider ?? crafting?? gambling?? any areas to thing about starting to farm??
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
You ask alot of questions for someone that's on their first character, why not play the game and enjoy it instead of asking questions about everything and asking what the best is. I can understand that you'd be curious about a few things, but this is weeks and you still haven't got to 120.

I just had to get this out there, coming on the forums to check out how the guides etc are doing just to be bombarded by broken English and pointless questions takes its toll.

Props to Hecht for responding to basically all these questions with detail, a cookie for you.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Perfect Bloodstones in sockets (if you have crafted jewels already, use crafted jewels if they give more minion life than the gems) Orb with minion life and cold spell damage. If you still have space left, use it for magic find.

Sacred gauntlets have a quality level of 86. That means even when reducing the itemlevel to 1 and reroll the gauntlets, you can still get a required level of up to 64. It's not much of use, but still you can potentially put at least 1 more orb onto those gloves. It's better to shrine craft it after downleveling it. You can still get -enemy cold resist on gloves. So they are not completely useless (however obtaining one of these with lots of +minion life will be difficult)

Your 3 rare creates can be used on sacred items that you want to us for shrine crafting (gloves, boots, belts and a circlets).
Gambling isn't efficient since you already have a nice staff. That's all you need to progress further. Go kill Baal and then farm in Tcows to level 120.

You can farm magical shrines in terror fauztinville or you can go straight to destruction and get your first charms. Afterwards start farming either in destruction fauztinville for a Ghal rune or in destruction TA for a Goetia Plate. Once you have one of those items, switch the farming place and get the other item. Then you can continue farming charms and magical shrines.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
perfect blood aere only 10% ill craft ist for over 10%
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
I'd still suggest using the bloodstones until you have the crafted jewels. 10% is better than nothing. You can easily unsocket your item with the oil of disjunction.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Perfect Bloodstones in sockets (if you have crafted jewels already, use crafted jewels if they give more minion life than the gems) Orb with minion life and cold spell damage. If you still have space left, use it for magic find.

Sacred gauntlets have a quality level of 86. That means even when reducing the itemlevel to 1 and reroll the gauntlets, you can still get a required level of up to 64. It's not much of use, but still you can potentially put at least 1 more orb onto those gloves. It's better to shrine craft it after downleveling it. You can still get -enemy cold resist on gloves. So they are not completely useless (however obtaining one of these with lots of +minion life will be difficult)

Your 3 rare creates can be used on sacred items that you want to us for shrine crafting (gloves, boots, belts and a circlets).
Gambling isn't efficient since you already have a nice staff. That's all you need to progress further. Go kill Baal and then farm in Tcows to level 120.

You can farm magical shrines in terror fauztinville or you can go straight to destruction and get your first charms. Afterwards start farming either in destruction fauztinville for a Ghal rune or in destruction TA for a Goetia Plate. Once you have one of those items, switch the farming place and get the other item. Then you can continue farming charms and magical shrines.

okY the bloodstone thing gotcha but ive got a stockpile of ist crafted jewels with 15% min life and other boost..so those seem better than the 10 from bloodstone

the gauntlets you lost me if i d lvl the rare sacred gauntlets to 1 using the cube form it doesnt re roll it just lowers it to ilvl 1 right??

so are you saying ishould delvl the rare sacred? and orb it up?? what orbs do you recomend since they no longer have -enemy cold res...?? or should i tun the sacred gauntlets to normal sacred?? and then use a create rare on em to get better bonuses???

or do i keep d lvling them to rare ilvl 1 over and over til i get a -enemy resi cold??

and im guessing shrine bless with magical for good min life??

and after i kill terror baal i can farm tcows? is that how it works i get tcows after terror baaland dcows after dest baal? and farming for shrines is an idea ive got 8 weird shrines and 0 magical LOl..
so maybe farming terror fauntzville isnt a bad move either

and yeah the staff is great its wierd not having all the bonuses...for random unfocused things..
like with the tu marrow
oh for circlet i found one rare sacred with +3 skills and dmg minion 21% and other things that are okay no psi crown:( should i use it as is? maybe magical shrine bless it ?? instead of craft? once i find a magical shrine that is.. or dod you mean that a circlet can be magical shrine crafted that will have +3 skills as an affix? i didnt know that could proc?
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:I'd still suggest using the bloodstones until you have the crafted jewels. 10% is better than nothing. You can easily unsocket your item with the oil of disjunction.

wasnt clear i spent a hour crafting a pikle of ist jewels for 15%+ min life and other nice things...
so i wouldnt leave sockets empty.. didnt mean that just meant ive got better socket fillers