Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

tran555
Prowler
15 | 0
Thanks man. this explenation is exacly what i was looking for. Cheers and good luck with other builds
HotshotGG
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Anyone try any other summons or ideas?
Zombiezach7
Prowler
16 | 3
My build is a mix of totem minions and support but it works out nicely in a party or solo
Bliyadolubov
Grubber
314 | 10
hi dudes. I want to make some hybrid build for fun, some sort like melee/summoner. I know its very hard to make it work, tried a few times. At early/mid game go with classic melee or summoner builds. At destruction need a lot of farm, for that job both melee or summoner are fine. Fore skillbuild - its not including usual buff totems or any totem skill tree (which is a powerhouse stuff for minions). Yes its a big dergadation in powerlevel, but its needed to balance that stuff to make any benefit of it. We need stay mobile and move fast, in that case totems not allow to proceed in that style. melee skills 1point, maybe max famine, some points into deathlord. max embalming. max deathward. 1point graveyard. all summons 1point (leftovers into flayers and rampagors). And the most interesting part - items. Lazarus set (hat, chest, belt), magical crafted boots and gloves, MOed with minions life and resists. Weapons, for now only way i see is a dagger and necro shield. At early stages till get needed stuff make magical, fascinating or any shrine necro dagger with + necro levels, ancient hand OS, max damage, ED% and bless it only with wierd shrine (we need that huge damage), for now i am using satans void hexblade - it gives good minion stats and necro levels, the damage not so impressive. For shield its nahual RW (gives you beastly stats with good roll), >> magical crafted necro shield with levels, good minion stats. THE CORE OF MY BUILD is SINWAR demonhead. Why it so good - it gives you kraken stance - lesser version of death fury totem but its permament aura which negates addiction to the place where totem stands. Known problem that stances ass auras only works on minions if you have enhcanced stance radius (only barb allowed to make it use) But we solve that problem - SINWAR has spirit walk OS (barb skill) which gives us acces to enhcanced stance radius - done. Amulets and rings - any with levels, minion life. Sockets fills with crafted jevels contains minions life. At jevel crafting i was using ber rune instead of ist rune, you can roll jevels with minion life (about 10-15%) even without ist rune. Made a couple runs in that gear at 5 act, diablo, torajan jungles. With all gear listed above my minion stats with deathlord morph: rampagors about 60K, all others about 30K, caped minion res at 160, dont know is it enough. Have some thoughts to try it with wolf stance, for that need to equip gloves and boots of neutlal fire set ( 2 parts of it gives wolf stance) or get world cornerstone with that skill (which possibility to find it just impossible). If you somehow defeated startled witch you can upgrade your sleep charm by uniting it with judgement day trophy the main part of it it gives enchanced stance radius +10, from that point i see other options in gearing (can change SINWAR with other shield whitch suit you most and go with wolfe stance). It hilariosly hard to find all gear parts needed especialy sinwar, and harder to make it work, but iam so fond of that idea that i dont stop to develope that shit. Some suggestions from community veterans will be helpfull.
\Short adwise at crafting weapon for such chars as necro, barb, paladin - all you need is damege ED%, flat damage, levels, good proc (balefire, shower of rocks, spiral dance) for ancient hand dudes (necro, barb) any fire proc suits well (flamefront, cataclysm, brimstone; those have small chance to proc butt with ancient hand OS in will work often) for shrines you dont need a specific shrine to make it good, any shrine be good, the most valuable will be those wich gives 2 primal affixes cause its gives you a good chance to fill lefted space with stuff you need (secondary affixes/suffixes - fore weapons are most valuable because it gives better stats than primal affixes (for example you craft with wierd shrine - it gifes ED 20-100%, min, max damage about 5-20 which is shitty and it counts as 3 affixes which gives you left with 2-3 secondary stats, it minimise your chances to get good stuff cause you get less you need. Secondary stats (affixes) can give you max ED%, 50-300 max damage, you see a difference), so it means that when crafting weapon you benefits from less primal stats and more secondary, its simple. But in my opinion in crafting if you dont get limits atED, flat max damage on your weapon - then you should always bless it with wierd shrine \
frsmkre
Thunder Beetle
54 | 0
Why is this dead? What's the difference between 1.3 and sigma that broke the build? I would like to play a totem/summoner but I guess they're very bad right now?
TheError
Rust Claw
82 | 1
frsmkre wrote:Why is this dead? What's the difference between 1.3 and sigma that broke the build? I would like to play a totem/summoner but I guess they're very bad right now?

A necro with focus on totems for damage and summons as meatshield is still very legit. This build was flagged as dead by the OP in 1.3 already. Reason was probably that Barb summoner (see Elder Shaman for example) was way better in 1.3 so that OP didn't want people to play it. I think the pure Necro summoner currently gets the most damage from merc which is not that cool.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
frsmkre wrote:Why is this dead? What's the difference between 1.3 and sigma that broke the build? I would like to play a totem/summoner but I guess they're very bad right now?

What broke the build were several updates. Basically every patch from Median 2017 1.0 on was a strong hit against this build.
in 1.1 they nerfed frostclaw totem (30% damage) and they made teleporting in Yshari Sanctum impossible, which was only done because this build was able to gather the set parts safely. I removed that uber afterwards from the guide.
in 1.2 they nerfed frostclaw totem again (20% damage), and reworked the Rathma's Chosen uberskills and nerfed your 2 buff totems. From that point on you had to choose between Rathma's chosen for damage and Death Ward for survivability. Some ubers like Fauztinville were basically made nearly impossible due to piercing projectiles and I want to point out again how important the runeword Santa Compana was, because it gave up to +20 additional minions. So you could barely get to your key item.
In 1.3 they finally nailed the coffin and reduced the amount of additional summons you were able to get through items. Oh and of course, frostclaw totem was nerfed again (30% damage).
Then there was a season with no changes whatsoever, so basically 6 months of waiting for sigma without an update.
Then in sigma the gold system was reworked again (they already did in 1.0 of Median 2017) and reduced the MF you can get through runes and mystic orbs. Now it's really damn hard to utilize more than 2 honorifics until you can farm Island of the sunless sea at level 105, further weakening this build.

So the summoner necro as presented in this guide was completely shot down. For good reasons. Because with this build you were able to get 600 Magic find right when you started farming. And it killed many ubers so easily that it was simply ridiculous.

As for why I declared it dead: It's simply not fun anymore. With your 80+ minions you were able to protect your merc well enough that you had no troubles keeping her alive no matter the area. But now with merely 39 minions that's simply not possible anymore. Also you're forced to give up your own survivability in order to do at least some damage. Both leads to either your merc dieing very very often, to the point that you weren't even able to do 1 TA run without your merc dieing at least twice or you dieing, which automatically leads to your merc dieing. That's more money lost than you earn with 1 run, so at some point you'll have to stop farming and farm gold instead. And that basically nullifies the whole reason to play this build: You can't farm fast anymore and you are disturbed many many times during 1 run.

All the while totemnec, which was a lot stronger for many seasons before wasn't touched at all except for frostclaw totem damage output, but it's nearly unnoticeable when you can put many points into frostclaw totem, which isn't possible for a summoner necro in lategame anymore. So please do yourself a favor and play totemnec. There's nothing you can do wrong about that build, except for putting points into stormeye totem.

I know this is pretty much a huge rant from me, but I'm still looking forward to the next sigma patch, because the devs promised a summon necro rework. It was planned for sigma already, but sadly they couldn't test and finish it before the release. (Note: That doesn't necessarily mean that the rework will come with the next patch!). Rumors say that you're supposed to choose between either having a few strong minions or many many weaker minions. In either case that will hopefully enable a more fun playstyle than having your merc kill everything with 600+ mf. And how much truth there is to these rumors - who knows?
thysick
Pit Knight
115 | 0
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Any revival for new necro rework?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
thysick wrote:Any revival for new necro rework?

Well, not as it has been. It seems the buff totems are completely gone, so the name „dr. Strangebuff“ wouldn‘t fit anymore, so I won‘t revive this build anymore.

Also it looks like the intention of the devs is to split the summoner necro into 2 options: either you get lots of weaker minions or fewer stronger minions. We‘ll have to see.

Also, I originally created this build because of 2 reasons:
1) there was no summoner necro guide back then which is also caused by the 2nd reason.
2) there was no actual way to play summoner necro because it wasn‘t balanced at all and called weak by literally everyone.

By revealing this build, abusing the strong buff totems and a merc with a huge AoE, I revealed a way to play the summoner necro that the devs obviously didn‘t intend (because that build was nerfed 4 times in a row after I created that guide) since I was able to easily get 600+ mf right from end of nightmare on, paired with capped slow target, huge offensive and defensive buffs and so on.

That means that my main reason to create a guide for summoner necro is gone. So I doubt I‘ll create another guide for the summoner necro. If someone else wants to create a guide on that build/those builds, I‘ll gladly step down.

I still have to finish my summoner paladin guide since I never went past the Kabraxis stones. So everything beyond that point is still something I need to continue writing in my guide. So it‘s very likely I will play summoner necro as my 2nd char, not my first one.

Edit: that depends however on the patch notes. If summoner din gets nerfed into the ground. I‘ll roll a nec.