Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

CUrtsy
Fallen
1 | 0
First off just wanted to say thank you for this guide, seems pretty detailed.

However, you mention that the build has recently become nerfed. Do you believe it is still "worth" playing for someone who generally only plays pet/summon builds?

Again thank you very much.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
CUrtsy wrote:First off just wanted to say thank you for this guide, seems pretty detailed.

However, you mention that the build has recently become nerfed. Do you believe it is still "worth" playing for someone who generally only plays pet/summon builds?

Again thank you very much.

Yes it is. The Nerf is basically a 10-20% Nerf in Killspeed. It‘s noticable, but this Build is still viable and can easily farm Tran Athulua, the Main Farming spot with lots of magic find.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HH happy boxing day simple calc question when you say 500-6005 MF are you talking about for merc ? as in mercs physical armour + the pc mf total??
cause my merc has 320%mf(all lum socketed except bow obviously) and another 230% from my Pc since merc gets benefit from both thats 550% or did you mean my pc should have 500%? by itself?

i ask cause ive now run TA 100 times have rarely seen SU body armours drop and only 3 times above the studded leather range once was the harilti ring mailbut never any su plate or FP or LFP or anceint or gothic so i wondered if perhaps my MF was still too low or if ive just had bad luck with the drop bias seed?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
You have just had Bad luck. It Happens. You Could try Duncraig for a change
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
-updated Judgement Day. It was actually easier than I thought and easier than in previous versions because the open map grants us a better mobility and you can teleport away without the fear of instant death.
aerial
Cow Ninja
1282 | 236
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Guide Badge
Great Mind Badge
A Median XL guru... a true book of knowledge
As for jday, you can separate king from the other guys on that new map. Takes some practise, but basically you have to slowly go up, "catch" few of normal guys, and kite them away. With minions behind you can run from them, and then teleport as far as possible, that loses them, because they are too far out of their aggro range. And then you end up facing north and there will be only king left. Much easier and more reliable to do it vs 1 of them surrounded by minions

As I'm using somewhat similar build, except I prefere 5 cold totems for boss kill, and minions as wall, but principle is the same.
Strategy that worked vs new azmodan, just summon everything (+2 from felblood), and teleport on top of him. We all know how absurd damage cold totems can do, without any special gear, yul staff, 0 pierce on gear, it melts him in maybe 10s. You can always go to town and resummon.
But I can compare to my attempt with xbow necro, where i used RC, with howling and dft totems, so maximum + damage synergy, and with widowmarker, I couldn't even scratch him with that. 5 frost totems just kill it almost instantly. There really is something wrong with damage of those.. Just to compare, when I ran jday, there is need to kill izual that happens to be cold immune. 5 lightning totems take quite long time to kill him (while xbow killed him offscreen like random trash monster). At same time frost totems just melt a boss that xbow can't touch. It seems to be dealing WAY more damage than any other skill. It isn't exactly breaking news, but it never stops to amaze me how ridiculous that damage is, without any gear or pierce.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:You have just had Bad luck. It Happens. You Could try Duncraig for a change
can i do duncraig with sanata compana but no goetia? does it have a good drop bias? fort su? ive evewn had a hard time finding the laz set cap and belt the ones i found had the lowest + lvl values
.. an havent seen that body armour drop either obviously its just crap rng since ive got complete sets and duplicates of other sacred sets and SU peices

if its just crao rng ill try another 100 times ... ive gotten lotsasu and set drops just not what im after ..yet but its definetly dropping well im filling cube and expanded backpack stash every time

and did you mean 500-600 % for merc MF as in including the pc mf on top of the mercs gear?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
bradr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:You have just had Bad luck. It Happens. You Could try Duncraig for a change
can i do duncraig with sanata compana but no goetia? does it have a good drop bias? fort su? ive evewn had a hard time finding the laz set cap and belt the ones i found had the lowest + lvl values
.. an havent seen that body armour drop either obviously its just crap rng since ive got complete sets and duplicates of other sacred sets and SU peices

if its just crao rng ill try another 100 times ... ive gotten lotsasu and set drops just not what im after ..yet but its definetly dropping well im filling cube and expanded backpack stash every time

and did you mean 500-600 % for merc MF as in including the pc mf on top of the mercs gear?

To be fair, goetia is quite rare. Even if you find 3 scales of the serpents it‘s Not guaranteed that you‘ll find Goetia.

In case of duncraig vs TA: TA Drops many uniques. Duncraig Drops less uniques but of higher quality. All you can do is try it out.

By 500-600 mf I Mean merc‘s mf+ yours. Cause that‘s what your merc‘s mf is in total
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:

To be fair, goetia is quite rare. Even if you find 3 scales of the serpents it‘s Not guaranteed that you‘ll find Goetia.

In case of duncraig vs TA: TA Drops many uniques. Duncraig Drops less uniques but of higher quality. All you can do is try it out.

By 500-600 mf I Mean merc‘s mf+ yours. Cause that‘s what your merc‘s mf is in total
kk cool well ill try duncraig least i have santa compana so ill have the meat sheild
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
can you recommend any other areas that might have higher quality SU drops that wouldnt be instant death while missing a couple peices of end/middle game equip(basically anything i couldnt craft exceot the santa compana staff which i do have) and the haralti ring mail
i tried duncraig instant death and ive got 140k def and my merc 49k and both 75% res or more

my merc keeps getting wiped out and then its all over for the minions even with 25 +lamia /flayers and ramps and 1 VA to start..
they jusat fade faster than i can re summon once the merc dies..

and my merc is 75% elm res and 49k def