Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
TBH, I don't know. Those changes affected mallice nec, totem nec and summon nec. The only build that wasn't affected is XBow nec, but that one seems isn't as efficient as 2 patches ago, where Rathma's chosen was completely changed.

It seems Melee nec has been buffed so you could try that out, but there's no guide for it yet.
Taem
Necrobot
2471 | 150
Common Posting Badge
Posted over 1.000 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
HechtHeftig , please see my response to the new patch here, and let me know if I'm correct in my assumptions for this build. I was considering giving it a go this season, but it seems like this build should be skipped over this season if I'm understanding all of the changes correctly?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Taem wrote:HechtHeftig , please see my response to the new patch here, and let me know if I'm correct in my assumptions for this build. I was considering giving it a go this season, but it seems like this build should be skipped over this season if I'm understanding all of the changes correctly?

I left my 2 cents there, but yes. Skip this build this season. I'll do the same.
WitchKiller
Imp
5 | 0
With santa compana staff nerf I've found an alternative setup that I like. Using
Talon of Trang-Oul
for acid fiends + magic/tainted craft necro shield for +5 skills. Acid beasts are somewhere between flayers & lamia in terms of survivability, give venomous aura which adds more % ele spell dmg and attack/move speed to everyone, and you get 15 of them plus the defensiveness of having a shield.

I also made a necro shield with totembound guardians thinking more minions is always going to be good but I found totembound guardians were super weak despite having enormous health pools they almost instantly die in many of the same areas where my other minions have no trouble. They have good HP so I think something else is happening with them, they have some negative res/dr or some hidden thing about them that makes them weak because their HP is not lacking. They also despawn down to 2 minions everytime you switch towns or blink too far from totems which makes them micro management intensive a lot of the time. Overall the pain of rolling +5 AND totem guardians on a necro shield just isnt worth the effort.

All the usual farming areas are face roll except fauztinville which you mostly want more dmg since shield + decent def + deathlord + death ward make you pretty capable against the necrobots there. It's just dmg that is lacking. I might try a different merc / merc setup for fauz as I feel the ranger and priestess are really weak there.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
WitchKiller wrote:With santa compana staff nerf I've found an alternative setup that I like. Using
Talon of Trang-Oul
for acid fiends + magic/tainted craft necro shield for +5 skills. Acid beasts are somewhere between flayers & lamia in terms of survivability, give venomous aura which adds more % ele spell dmg and attack/move speed to everyone, and you get 15 of them plus the defensiveness of having a shield.

I also made a necro shield with totembound guardians thinking more minions is always going to be good but I found totembound guardians were super weak despite having enormous health pools they almost instantly die in many of the same areas where my other minions have no trouble. They have good HP so I think something else is happening with them, they have some negative res/dr or some hidden thing about them that makes them weak because their HP is not lacking. They also despawn down to 2 minions everytime you switch towns or blink too far from totems which makes them micro management intensive a lot of the time. Overall the pain of rolling +5 AND totem guardians on a necro shield just isnt worth the effort.

All the usual farming areas are face roll except fauztinville which you mostly want more dmg since shield + decent def + deathlord + death ward make you pretty capable against the necrobots there. It's just dmg that is lacking. I might try a different merc / merc setup for fauz as I feel the ranger and priestess are really weak there.

Great that you found a setup that works! I haven‘t finished my testing yet either, so I‘ll try and see what else might work. If I update this guide and have the possibility to try out acid fiends, I‘ll add it to the guide.

As for damage in Fauzt: I found maxing fireheart totem really useful in the previous patch. Frostclaw totem just isn’t worth it since there are far too many enemies around to kill them effectively. However, FHT has a bigger AoE and can easily kill anything aside from the trielemental immune enemies.
tran555
Prowler
15 | 0
hey guys. Having fun with build even tho it was nerfed, ive never gotten so far as with this. But i seem to be carried by my merc and minnions. So here is my question:

Is frostclaw totem good somehow because when i tried it - it just doesnt do any dmg compared to my summons. Its lvl 43 (24 base ) Im in destruction act 5 atm.

How i tested it ? I put howling/death totem and then 3 frostclaw - mob literally slowly started losing hp. like from a slow poison. Regular white mob
HotshotGG
Dark Huntress
14 | 1
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Totems are all about prebuffing them properly before you summon them. Also a lot of pen, spell damage is needed, personally I don't think they're worth it if you're going the full summoner route.
tran555
Prowler
15 | 0
We are specifically talking about this guide, and it includes frostclaw totem as one of the major sources of damage.

SMAX: Death Fury Totem, Embalming, Rathma's Chosen, Frostclaw totem
20 points: Howling Totem (put as many as you need to get 500% damage bonus in here, but at least 20 points)
1 point: All summons, Bend the Shadows
Leftovers: Summon Lamias

example of build from this guide.

Gear is focused on monstert life, i got some honorific with like 40 % inc cold dmg in total but that does nothing.

It just feels like if u dont focus on this spell totem with gear then it simply does no damage. Yet guide suggests to max frostclaw totem a lot.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
tran555 wrote:It just feels like if u dont focus on this spell totem with gear then it simply does no damage. Yet guide suggests to max frostclaw totem a lot.

The problem is, Frostclaw totem damage has been nerfed by 25% in the new patch, 10% in the patch before that and 10% in the patch before that one. Those previous small nerfs never were a problem, since that just meant waiting 1 second longer till the boss is down. But now, if you don't have at least 30 -enemy cold resist, Frostclaw totem is... well it's not weak, but it's still not as strong as it was before without any -enemy resist. Summoning it as a summoner now is just a means to deal at least some more damage from the 3 free slots for summoned totems. You can go with fireheart totem if you like. It has a better AoE than FCT, but its damage against bosses is weaker.

Anyway, this guide is outdated (It even says in the first line of the guide. It's in red letters even). No need to fuss about things that are outdated now.

I won't update this build anymore, so it can be moved to the archive @mods