Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Okay first of all: What do YOU want?

Do you want to have 1 more orb on your gloves? Then go ahead and cube those gloves with a rare ring and a rare amulett.
If not, don't do this. In the latter case, you'll be able to get more -enemy cold resist on those gloves, which makes killing bosses easier with Frostclaw totem. However, as stated above it's hard to get that stat. So think for yourself what you need and want. If you don't care about the -enemy cold resist, only watch out for a good +minion life roll.

You can still shrine craft it with magical shrine and bless it with the same shrine afterwards regardless of whether you rerolled the item to ilevel 1 or not.

Mo' it with minion life (like all the time already anyway) and the rest with cold spell damage. (You get already enough minion resist when your crafts add up. Minion damage is useless. Magic find is the only other option for better farming)

The best thing you can do is trying out that circlet, since I don't know what your current item in that spot look like atm. Do you notice a difference in your minions survivability? Do you see an increase in damage from howling totems and DFT? Then use it. (Use the same method for other gear). However minion damage is imo useless. The main damage on minions comes from the Crushing blow from Howling totem and from the Rampagor's poison damage. So minion damage... just forget that this stat even exists. You can still improve that circlet later on, so you can still use that and continue crafting another circlet once you find a new one. Small steps are always good. Even small improvements will be noticable.

Just to make it sure: You basically can't do anything wrong with this build at the current stage you're at. If you really struggle hard with a certain uber, sure I'll gladly help you. However, you don't need to ask questions about what's writtin in my guide already. Don't take this as offense. It's simply very time consuming to answer every question you have despite the fact that I already wrote it my guide. And I simply don't have much time lately.

+skills > +necromancer minions > +minion life > cold spell damage > minion resist(until 75%) > Magic find.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Okay first of all: What do YOU want?

Do you want to have 1 more orb on your gloves? Then go ahead and cube those gloves with a rare ring and a rare amulett.
If not, don't do this. In the latter case, you'll be able to get more -enemy cold resist on those gloves, which makes killing bosses easier with Frostclaw totem. However, as stated above it's hard to get that stat. So think for yourself what you need and want. If you don't care about the -enemy cold resist, only watch out for a good +minion life roll.

You can still shrine craft it with magical shrine and bless it with the same shrine afterwards regardless of whether you rerolled the item to ilevel 1 or not.

Mo' it with minion life (like all the time already anyway) and the rest with cold spell damage. (You get already enough minion resist when your crafts add up. Minion damage is useless. Magic find is the only other option for better farming)

The best thing you can do is trying out that circlet, since I don't know what your current item in that spot look like atm. Do you notice a difference in your minions survivability? Do you see an increase in damage from howling totems and DFT? Then use it. (Use the same method for other gear). However minion damage is imo useless. The main damage on minions comes from the Crushing blow from Howling totem and from the Rampagor's poison damage. So minion damage... just forget that this stat even exists. You can still improve that circlet later on, so you can still use that and continue crafting another circlet once you find a new one. Small steps are always good. Even small improvements will be noticable.

Just to make it sure: You basically can't do anything wrong with this build at the current stage you're at. If you really struggle hard with a certain uber, sure I'll gladly help you. However, you don't need to ask questions about what's writtin in my guide already. Don't take this as offense. It's simply very time consuming to answer every question you have despite the fact that I already wrote it my guide. And I simply don't have much time lately.

+skills > +necromancer minions > +minion life > cold spell damage > minion resist(until 75%) > Magic find.

okay gotcha and cool thanks been good at keeping up with my orbing helm/gloves belt boots maxd all res min res min life like u said and now they all have max mf and max cold dmg too and thank s gotcha yeah i seem to not be struggling with anything except t baal and thats just long.....wqont bother you unl;ess i get stu k on specific uber/area
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Thank you for your understanding!
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
removed
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
thank you so much for answering my weeks of querstions im so sorry the asperbergs and hyperfocus on minutea got the better of me anyways i do appreciate your information it actually helps u wont bother you til i get to a specific uber or section that is actively causing issues while following your guide nice to know theres a lot of cant really mess it up at this point built in..*i supose if i suddenly orbed and rolled for fire and lightening dmg and -enemy res LOl i could or focused only on ed but otherwise probably not anyways thank you for all your time and effort
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
hey quick question

pretty much open for anyone and its because my grasp of crafting isnt great sorry

other than SU items specificlly listed for mid game merc gear you say abondoned shrine... craft for dex bonus etc.. any reccomendations on what base items to use?? for the mid game merc abond shrine craft belt gloves helm... i realize its mostly def bonus and dex adds. and if i get flat dmg adds bonus.. . just wondered if i should go for the lowest req sacred rares.. like sash /cap/gloves or start with high end base sacred rares to craft ? like plated belt /gauntlets and full helm??
Helzopro
Ice Clan
577 | 48
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
bradr wrote:hey quick question

pretty much open for anyone and its because my grasp of crafting isnt great sorry

other than SU items specificlly listed for mid game merc gear you say abondoned shrine... craft for dex bonus etc.. any reccomendations on what base items to use?? for the mid game merc abond shrine craft belt gloves helm... i realize its mostly def bonus and dex adds. and if i get flat dmg adds bonus.. . just wondered if i should go for the lowest req sacred rares.. like sash /cap/gloves or start with high end base sacred rares to craft ? like plated belt /gauntlets and full helm??

Whatever your merc can wear, as high as you can go.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Since you want the most defense possible, I'd use the strongest base like gauntlets etc.

However, it really depends on the items you have available and how much strength those give you. My merc reaches 872 strength with
Glor-An-Fhaidha's Firebark
Scales of the Serpent
Scales of the Serpent
Gothic Plate (Sacred)

Defense: (7481 - 8308) to (9074 - 10078)
Required Level: 100
Required Strength: 675
Item Level: 105
15% Chance to cast level 40 Arachnomancy on Melee Attack
4% Chance to cast level 12 Time Strike on Striking
(31 to 40)% Hit Recovery
+90% Damage to Undead
Adds 200-300 Poison Damage over 2 seconds
-35% to Enemy Poison Resistance
5% Chance of Crushing Blow
Weapon Physical Damage +(25 to 30)%
+(144 to 171)% Enhanced Defense
+100 to Strength
+50 Life on Melee Attack
Socketed (6)
Deadfall
Deadfall
Heavy Belt (4)

Defense: (135 - 159) to (178 - 210)
Required Level: 7
Required Strength: 36
Item Level: 19
2% Chance to cast level 2 Shower of Rocks on Kill
1% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(24 to 46)% Enhanced Defense
+(16 to 25) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(11 to 15)%
Socketed (1)
Defense: (485 - 551) to (616 - 700)
Required Level: 24
Required Strength: 62
Item Level: 36
2% Chance to cast level 4 Shower of Rocks on Kill
2% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(69 to 92)% Enhanced Defense
+(36 to 45) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(21 to 25)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1270 - 1400) to (1595 - 1758)
Required Level: 41
Required Strength: 218
Item Level: 51
2% Chance to cast level 8 Shower of Rocks on Kill
3% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(115 to 137)% Enhanced Defense
+(56 to 65) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(31 to 35)%
Socketed (2)
Defense: (1918 - 2095) to (2403 - 2626)
Required Level: 50
Required Strength: 436
Item Level: 85
2% Chance to cast level 12 Shower of Rocks on Kill
4% Chance of Crushing Blow
+(138 to 160)% Enhanced Defense
+(66 to 75) to Strength
Lightning Resist +(36 to 40)%
Socketed (2)
and
Lamen of the Archbishop
Lamen of the Archbishop
Amulet

Required Level: 110
Item Level: 120
Orb Effects Applied to this Item are Doubled
+4 to All Skills
these items are ofc endgame already. and 872 strength really isn't necessary. The most important part is: How much strength can your merc reach? Then look here to see how much strength which items in which spot needs and which you should use.

My merc also reaches 42k defense that way.

Crafts are only one option. The TU equipment from early game section should be enough to give some decent defense. Deadfall shouldn't be swapped out with crafts. It's simply too strong until you find a better SU.
dominikake
Prowler
15 | 0
Common Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 10.000 views
For the Merc Gears:
What do you socket & MO?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
dominikake wrote:For the Merc Gears:
What do you socket & MO?

First mo it until you have 200% Enhanced defense/damage
Then socket JAH runes for more defense and damage.
Rest of Mo's can be used for Magic find, except on the bow. On the bow you can use deadly strike and/or enhanced weapon damage.