Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

LewisD
Invader
8 | 0
L H wrote:Rathma's blessing is mainly used for the 50% minion resist. With that + quov Tsin charm + brenmtown upgrade, you're at 80% minion resist, which is above the cap, so you don't have to worry about getting that anywhere else on gear

im more focused on the summon do you have any info about it
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
LewisD wrote:
L H wrote:Rathma's blessing is mainly used for the 50% minion resist. With that + quov Tsin charm + brenmtown upgrade, you're at 80% minion resist, which is above the cap, so you don't have to worry about getting that anywhere else on gear

It's pretty useless other than being another weaker tank. You can get like 10 of them I think. They have an aura that boosts other minion's spell damage, I think? (pretty useless though since it doesnt apply to totems to boost their damage)
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
LewisD wrote:

I have it on overall lvl 50, stats of minion:

12,7k life
2,5k AR
Minions spell dmg +500% - however as L H said, totems are not minions so they do not get this buff.

I have ~720%+ minions life + embalming +160% so their base health is really low. I dont use them myself, just item for bonuses.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
LewisD wrote:

Other than having ranged attack, they die almost as fast as Edyrems even with all the bonuses, so there's almost no point in using them.
Spinaker
Thunder Beetle
55 | 2
ScarletEdge wrote:
LewisD wrote:

Other than having ranged attack, they die almost as fast as Edyrems even with all the bonuses, so there's almost no point in using them.

Well, they can be used on some bosses which are non immune to fire but probably only with Jinn speced as his aura will buff their dmg (along with Veil and Bloodlust) + still aditional meat shield. Keep in mind that your enemy resistance (on hero) will not impact your minions (unless Median has this different than Vanila). Meaning if you have -150 enemy res for fire, your minions doesn't get it. Thats why Jinn comes in handy here - he gives aura which "benefits" everyone as it's hostile type of aura for your enemies. Of'course the impact of Sinner is probably still really low. On farm they are worthless and none wants to cast additional 10 spells or how many you have there, as a "prebuff" beforing getting into the fight. In additional they do create a lot of lag when in numbers and hero teleports into bunch of enemies...
notforkeeps
Mangler
459 | 25
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Have you attempted Kabraxis with this build?
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
notforkeeps wrote:Have you attempted Kabraxis with this build?

Since summons are totally useless in that uber, maybe a blink proc + boneyard wherever? I've never tried it with my necro, but it's an idea.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge

Actually, yes, I have.

He has the soulstealer affix so you can't use any summons. I tried him once before and got him down by 1/3 using only Psyonic Storm from Kerrigans Chest (I didn't have Manastorm back then). I think it's possible. But most likely it's easier with flamestrike oskill from Ladon (Xis).

However it has been long since I tried him.
ScarletEdge
Djinn
517 | 68
Great Popularity Badge
Common Love Badge
Earned over 20 cookies
Common Guide Badge
HechtHeftig wrote:

Actually, yes, I have.

He has the soulstealer affix so you can't use any summons. I tried him once before and got him down by 1/3 using only Psyonic Storm from Kerrigans Chest (I didn't have Manastorm back then). I think it's possible. But most likely it's easier with flamestrike oskill from Ladon (Xis).

Curious - if you're gonna use a Fire spell then why not just Funeral Pyre? It's what L H always suggested. I've never had any experience using Flamestrike in actual gameplay so I wouldn't know.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
ScarletEdge wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:

Actually, yes, I have.

Curious - if you're gonna use a Fire spell then why not just Funeral Pyre? It's what L H always suggested. I've never had any experience using Flamestrike in actual gameplay so I wouldn't know.

Well, it's just that I don't like that spell for 2 reasons:

1: you have to target the enemy directly. That means that you have to be in range of seeing him when you first encounter him, lock on him and keep the target locked. Flamestrike has more freedom just like Psionic Storm. You can daamage enemies when you don't see them with those skills, but that's impossible with Funeral Pyre.
2: the damage is spread over several seconds, making the skill shine when the target stays at the same spot for a long time, but hence it also reduces the overall damage when the target is teleporting/moving all the time.

I simply don't like the mechanics. If it works for you, sure go ahead and use Funeral Pyre. It's just not a spell for me.