Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Your merc needs dex, because all bows get more damage with dex, so abondoned crafts are correct.

You just need to watch out for the crafts because they have a str requirement. Orbing -req on them would be a waste since you want your merc to have lots of ED for more defense and more MF for easer farming (eventuall even total character defense for even better survivability if your merc dies too often)

You don't need a dex crafted necro shield. Just use any shrine available. It's just your switch weapon and you only want to get hounfor. The other stats really don't matter. Orb it with -req and put -req jewels in.

ED= improving the base damage of your weapon.
EWD= improving the total damage output (it basically applies only in the character screen)

As for sockets in your other defensive armor: I'd advice either PGems with + max resist (5 of each type) in order to reach +90 max resist with Azmodan's heart or minion life jewels.

hmm u mentioned triune before dont we miss the +1extra totem etc charm from there??
and ohh
yeah totally lost me on the last bit i knew socket all with ist crafted. for staff. and i know azmodans heart has +5 max res? but do you mean body armour . helm belt boots gloves socket with 5 pgems of each type for cold fire poison and lightening resist??and just orb with Min life and cold dmg and mf
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
bradr wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote:Your merc needs dex, because all bows get more damage with dex, so abondoned crafts are correct.

You just need to watch out for the crafts because they have a str requirement. Orbing -req on them would be a waste since you want your merc to have lots of ED for more defense and more MF for easer farming (eventuall even total character defense for even better survivability if your merc dies too often)

You don't need a dex crafted necro shield. Just use any shrine available. It's just your switch weapon and you only want to get hounfor. The other stats really don't matter. Orb it with -req and put -req jewels in.

ED= improving the base damage of your weapon.
EWD= improving the total damage output (it basically applies only in the character screen)

As for sockets in your other defensive armor: I'd advice either PGems with + max resist (5 of each type) in order to reach +90 max resist with Azmodan's heart or minion life jewels.

hmm u mentioned triune before dont we miss the +1extra totem etc charm from there??
and ohh
yeah totally lost me on the last bit i knew socket all with ist crafted. for staff and body armour .. and i know azmodans heart has +5 max res? but do you mean helm belt boots gloves socket with 5 pgems of each type for cold fire poison and lightening resist??or do you mean orb with 5 all resist on each item and use ist crafted for the sockets?

To be honest, the triune fight is most aweful experience in the whole history of Median. And the problem with this build is: You won't even get there without dying 100000 times. Just don't go there.

I personally use pgems, because at some point I simply didn't need minion life jewels anymore. Those however are still good for the staff and if you farm for example TA to make your minions tankier.

Those pgems add 2% max resist for 1 type of resistance (hence 5 gems = 10% more max resist. And you have 20 sockets in your body armor, cap, boots, gloves and belt all together.). Anyway, mo'ing resist on your gear isn't nearly close as good. Max resist are mostly used for ubers that have lots of elemental damage (you need them for Quov Tsin. Else you'll only die without harming him at all) like Baal and Xazax and Bull prince rodeo (with 90% max resist you can survive 1 hit of BPR's walking cows)

Just let me get this straight:

The usual maximum amount of resistance is 75%. So if you get hit by a lightning attack that causes 100 damage, you only suffer 25 damage.

Just by aquiring azmodans heart you'll get 5 additional maximum resist which means the 100 damage lightning only does 20 damage to you. That's a damage reduction of 20%.

Now if you add 5 of these gems each into your gear, you acquire 90% max resist (this is also the total cap) which means: if that 100 damage lightning hits you, you only receive 10 damage, since its damage is reduced by 90%. That means you receive 60% less elemental and poison damage if you socket your gear with 5 of each of those gems and if you have Azmodan's heart in your inventory. That's definitely something you need to consider.

Edit: the next time you ask a question without reading and edit your message within seconds so that it looks like I explained shit for no reason, I won't answer your questions anymore. I seriously feel trolled by you right now.

Step 1: read
step 2: read again carefully
step 3: post

Thanks for your understanding.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
bradr wrote:
..edited for space
Edit: the next time you ask a question without reading and edit your message within seconds so that it looks like I explained shit for no reason, I won't answer your questions anymore. I seriously feel trolled by you right now.

Step 1: read
step 2: read again carefully
step 3: post

Thanks for your understanding.

acck didnt know that if the drop chance sucks and triune isnt good for the build then there are other ways to get an other totem....
xtra totem bonus...
that are easier..then makes sense to ignore triune
and cool thanks for explaining res know that makes l;otsa sense im realizing i didnt understand some basic game concepts in crafting and ed vrs ewd and res vrs max res etc
so this helps a lot you def werent trolled
like broadside ive seen it used i know what it means interms of being attacked from the exposed flank
but not sure of its meaning in D2 terms...
so im probalby at a disadvantage in that your talking and guides are made.. based on a mutual ubnderstanding of basics which i dont share...

though i must say yours and LH totem and the fire paladin? are probably the easiest for someone with no base knowledge such as myself and brain fog to understand

i realize if i could find a good basic game concepts breakdown i probably wouldnt ask so muych i mean brain fog still an issue chemo sickness etc.. but id have a better chance of understanding without the break down*btw your res equip breakdown above is great.. evewn an idiot like me can understand it

im so so sorry no i just miss read unfortneatly im med/chemo sick a lot these days and my understanduing isnt at full peak so i apologize and there certainly was no wish to make you feel that way really youve been very helpful and i edited it cause id realized i had 2 ideas kinda collide and id forgotten about the maxc res add of gems...... again so so sorry....(btw somewhat seriously do you accept donations?)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
No I don‘t accept donations. If you want to contribute, donate to Marco. They deserve that money much more than me. They mod the game after all. Plus if you donate to Marco, you can also get Trader gold, which makes it easier to acquire items during a season/ in the ladder.

If you need a basic understanding of the game then it‘s always helpful to read some stuff online.

For example there‘s a beginner guide and the uber bible. there’s also the documentation where nearly everything is written down. Some things aren‘t written down anywhere, mostly caps for certain stats but you can always ask in sqt if you want to know. (For example: %dr caps is 50%)

Anything else is just basic understanding. You know already what stats to prefer, since I wrote that down for you. If you just use that to advance , you should reach a character which farms TA easily in no time.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:No I don‘t accept donations. If you want to contribute, donate to Marco. They deserve that money much more than me. They mod the game after all. Plus if you donate to Marco, you can also get Trader gold, which makes it easier to acquire items during a season/ in the ladder.

If you need a basic understanding of the game then it‘s always helpful to read some stuff online.

For example there‘s a beginner guide and the uber bible. there’s also the documentation where nearly everything is written down. Some things aren‘t written down anywhere, mostly caps for certain stats but you can always ask in sqt if you want to know. (For example: %dr caps is 50%)

Anything else is just basic understanding. You know already what stats to prefer, since I wrote that down for you. If you just use that to advance , you should reach a character which farms TA easily in no time.

k ill donate to the project /marco hmm is a ladder season the same trhing as playing online on sin war??

hmmm think ivwe seen the uber bible will have to find the beginners guide... yeah i think i need to know the mechs more than just the cap number..

yeah im doing my first ever crafting set find myself keep reloading waiting for a perfect roll LOL im sure thats probley common first time .. and i do worry bout scrwewing up the build though im realizing as long as i dont spec half the gear cold and half fire and go +AR everything... thats not too likely otherwise... and now i get why and when to start puting resist gems and get my minion life thru item stats and shrines and MO dble effects...
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
i see what you mean Re:pgems in all sockes except the staff....i really didnt get it but now i do!! i have 3 of my 4 crafted gear armor pieces and my minions have about 45k life but my resist suck so def gonna have to start putting in pgems in some of those slots...and as i i get my SU mid/end game gear swap out the rest for pgem resist..

i had thought ist crafted in all armour but i can see how im definetly gonna have to use pgems for my elemental resist....

and get my minion life from minion life MOs in everything and the crafteds bonuses and only ist crafted jewels (did get 6 with 21% ) on my staff...

lastly got a crafted blessed long war bow .. it has no proc but has
22-300 damage
and 150-270 cold damage..
and 287% enchd damage with the 6 jah
and dex bonus and such from the abondond shrine blessing*i didnt wierd shrine bless it cause i was already at 197% enhc damage so all i could get would have been 3%
so i went for dex bonus since that translates directly to extra bow damage..
so is that decent??? or should i rellay try for a high percentage proc? to me the flat damage looks better than a maybe in 100 tries i might get a proc for a skillthat is decent and doesnt suck but will i get the 100-500 exttra damage and cold damage??
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Additional damage is only applied to weapon damage attacks. (When there‘s somehow weapon damage involved like in arrows or melee attacks)

Whirlpool is an oskill that does damage on its own. It doesn‘t buff your other skills. It‘s a good skill for a melee necromancer for example.

The bow is decent. IMO cold damage is weaker than fire damage since you already have some decent cold damage from frostclaw totem. However, the only thing that could improve that bow is a proc. Just pick up the next war bow that you can find and use it as a second possibility to shrine craft. That way you can still use your current Bow.

Some good procs: arrows, throwing knifes, and mark of the wild. There are probably other good procs, but I didn‘t test them yet and I‘m at work atm, so I can‘t look into it. I‘ll reply later today again.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Additional damage is only applied to weapon damage attacks. (When there‘s somehow weapon damage involved like in arrows or melee attacks)

Whirlpool is an oskill that does damage on its own. It doesn‘t buff your other skills. It‘s a good skill for a melee necromancer for example.

The bow is decent. IMO cold damage is weaker than fire damage since you already have some decent cold damage from frostclaw totem. However, the only thing that could improve that bow is a proc. Just pick up the next war bow that you can find and use it as a second possibility to shrine craft. That way you can still use your current Bow.

Some good procs: arrows, throwing knifes, and mark of the wild. There are probably other good procs, but I didn‘t test them yet and I‘m at work atm, so I can‘t look into it. I‘ll reply later today again.

thanks cool and i realized the 1st 2 questions could be SQT things so i didnt want to trouble you with em thats why they were removed between when you saw my post above and when you answered it... thats why they arent there now... NOTto make you look bad or anything but to belatedly be polite
and thanks for the info... and thats what i felt about tyhe bow re already having lotsda cold dmg potential.. so i used the shared stash copy file and reload etc to make 2 bows*for sp* so i could use oine of em with the bless from abond it was 287% enh dam 207% attack rate()luck bonous 50-300 damage bonus 1-300 ish cold damage 23 dex and 12% dex bonus the adjusted listed bow up top damage 300-606
Edited by bradr 6 years.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Yeah I saw that, I don't mind if you just put your question in sqt, I just don't want to elaborate an answer in detail when you can get to the answer on your own.

Anyway, I'm back at work this week, so if you have those general questions it's best to put them into sqt, since I won't have that much time anymore.

Your bow really is great tbh. Ofc the only thing it lacks is a good proc, and my mark of the wild proc probably adds more damage than your bow, even though my bow has worse stats. However your bow could already count as an endgame bow. There's still some room for improvements, but most of the ubers should be rather easy for you now.

tbh that cold damage isn't even much of a problem. If you farm fauzt in dest, you'll be able to kill those necrobots easier since your frostclaw totems only focus 1 or 2 necrobots at a time.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Yeah I saw that, I don't mind if you just put your question in sqt, I just don't want to elaborate an answer in detail when you can get to the answer on your own.

Anyway, I'm back at work this week, so if you have those general questions it's best to put them into sqt, since I won't have that much time anymore.

Your bow really is great tbh. Ofc the only thing it lacks is a good proc, and my mark of the wild proc probably adds more damage than your bow, even though my bow has worse stats. However your bow could already count as an endgame bow. There's still some room for improvements, but most of the ubers should be rather easy for you now.

tbh that cold damage isn't even much of a problem. If you farm fauzt in dest, you'll be able to kill those necrobots easier since your frostclaw totems only focus 1 or 2 necrobots at a time.

cool re bow i plan on using it and occassionally trying for a good proc ..since i have a saved shared stash to re roll..

and

oh i figured out that making gloves striopped to lvl 1 and then honourific then blessed might give a bit more orb space but i could only get 70% minion life 40 from 5@2x mo minion life and 30 from the magical shrine bless..
much better to downlvl to 1 and then craft magical and then bless magical then orb got 95% (100% the max that way...) so even though its lvl 60 vrs lvl 40ish for the honourific and blessed one its totally worth it...

ive tried for better bow about 600 times and gotten a few with 1% chance for gift of wild but not with very good base damage not enough to balance out the 1 out of 100 chance for gift of wild .. gotten knife a few times but not very good dmg base... as all or missing other things like good Ench dam will keep trying for one with a good proc.... or gift of wild 1% but with good base dmg to balance out the low percentage..as you say my bow especially jah runed to 290% ench dam orbed with EWD for 20% is endgame worthy.... should i use uninterruptable? or deadly strike>??for my few remaining orb slots?? its at max 200%ench dam +90% from jah runes.. and its got 5 ewd in it already...