Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote: thanks and im guessing theres no way to save my terror and hatered lvl charsi rewards until im well into dest and lvl 100+huh??

and cool vid thank you .. so no merc and no summons when we get to baal*so he doesnt summon more at us right? and any changes in body armour? and or weapon? or just gloves helm boots belt??

and keep gotia plate and santa compana?

No merc, no summons, no changes in armor and weapon.

you can save your charsi reward from terror and hatred ofc. Just don't use it until you're level 120 :D Each character can basically get 3 rare rolls from charsi. You just shouldn't use them before level 105.

ahh damm see i screwed that up i used my hatered one thinking it would vansih if i transistioned into terror.. probably not a good reaason to start over
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
-bpr added
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Contribution Badge
Has collaborated to our forums, realms or mod
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
I would suggest max Pestilence and Nightwalker (for pestilence boost) for DBaal. His Poison Length Reduction is insane and I think he has some avoid, so Graveyard can be slow due to the .6 sec between punishers. Pestilence will let you keep poison on at almost all times. Was able to kill in about 2.5 minutes with this method and only 70 pierce.
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:I would suggest max Pestilence and Nightwalker (for pestilence boost) for DBaal. His Poison Length Reduction is insane and I think he has some avoid, so Graveyard can be slow due to the .6 sec between punishers. Pestilence will let you keep poison on at almost all times. Was able to kill in about 2.5 minutes with this method and only 70 pierce.

That's weird. The last time I tried it out with my pestilence necro (130+ pierce) I couldn't even damage him before I died. That's why I never tried again. It simply took too long

If I remember correctly, pestilence can't dish out 3,5 million damage. Correct me if I'm wrong.

EDIT:

Yep. Not even close. I did like 8 times more damage just in order to kill my merc in my previous video. I don't understand how can get to damage values to fight baal within 2,5 minutes with pestilence only. Could it be that you used both Graveyard and Pestilence?

Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Yes, I used graveyard in tandem with pestilence. Pestilence just helps to continuously deal poison damage in between graveyard hits (and misses)
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:Yes, I used graveyard in tandem with pestilence. Pestilence just helps to continuously deal poison damage in between graveyard hits (and misses)

I see. Well, I decided to not go with pestilence for only 1 reason: I thought about people who play online. If they just got to baal after respeccing and suddenly suffered a disconnect, there'd be no way they could get to Baal with poison damage only, without another Belladonna. So this respec is meant for 2 things: to be able to get to Baal and kill him as well. I can imagine that pestilence does at least some damage, but imo it's not really worth it since it's completely outclassed by Graveyard concerning single target damage.

Thanks for your opinion though! I'll add it to the guide as an alternative.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:
L H wrote:Yes, I used graveyard in tandem with pestilence. Pestilence just helps to continuously deal poison damage in between graveyard hits (and misses)

I see. Well, I decided to not go with pestilence for only 1 reason: I thought about people who play online. If they just got to baal after respeccing and suddenly suffered a disconnect, there'd be no way they could get to Baal with poison damage only, without another Belladonna. So this respec is meant for 2 things: to be able to get to Baal and kill him as well. I can imagine that pestilence does at least some damage, but imo it's not really worth it since it's completely outclassed by Graveyard concerning single target damage.

Thanks for your opinion though! I'll add it to the guide as an alternative.

thank you both this is very educational as im just over 100 and not there yet its nice to see the guide growing and what to expect and thanks for the ALT : the pest/graveyard etc alt skill distribution for those of us who just SP ... and one question when you talk about crafting for end game gear an mid and for baal..stuff am i correct in assuming i should bless the crafted gear with more of the same shrine such as shimmiring shrine crafted helm/gloves boots belt for baal.. and then shrine bless those items to double up the bonuses??

and im guessing the same for my reg gear magical shrine the items recommended at mid and end game and then shrine bless em with the same magical shrine to boost the bonus??
(i didnt know til yesterday*thanks LH* that i could shrine bless a shrine crafted item )
anyways thanks this really looks like the ultimate farmer..(.i remember for xvc how hard it was to get my druid to do some of the end game) and even my pally struggled with some that are marked easy.. . and seems to have a surpisingly easy time with ubers that other builds dont keep up the good work love that info and new updates are still coming hopefully ill have time and get to 110 by end of week
Edited by bradr 6 years.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
HechtHeftig wrote: there'd be no way they could get to Baal with poison damage only, without another Belladonna.

? How can;t you?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
L H wrote:
HechtHeftig wrote: there'd be no way they could get to Baal with poison damage only, without another Belladonna.

? How can;t you?

1st wave in Baal throne room is poison immune. Plus the last wave can potentially summon poison immune enemies as well. That's why you can't kill those enemies if you only focus on poison damage. Luring them away won't work that easy since those enemies are quite fast.

So you'd at least need a somewhat decent weapon (necro scythe) in order to kill those enemies with Carnage, if you're not willing to sacrifice your survivability (Dethlord morph) in order to make use of Funeral pyre/Bone yard.

You know me... I'm a lazy guy. That's the whole reason why I created this build :D And I try to make this build as lazy as possible while the functionality is still given.

@bradr

Exactly. First shrine craft then shrine bless the item. First craft an item with shimmering shrine, then bless that item with the same type of shrine.

The same goes for the regular shrine crafted items with Magical shrines ofc.

A hint for you: Once you killed Baal, it's easier to just farm Terror cow level. You can even enter /players 8 since you are playing in SP. That way you will gain 4 times the exp. You may have to be careful, since the enemies gain considerable life as well and thus they are more dangerous to you, but you should be able to progress very quickly that way.

And yes, this build is really mostly a farmer. It can do most ubers and all the farm areas (except triune. But that's not a problem at all for this build.) It's always good to have a farm character in case you want to try out other builds but lack some items like Elemental runes.
Crash
Madawc
6799 | 327
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Great Supporter Badge
Donated 5 times
Common Showcase Badge
Median XL Broadcaster
Common Guide Badge
Common Auction Badge
Won 50 auctions
Well, for what it's worth, death ward, outside of deathlord morph, gives me almost 400k defense, so morphing out to cast Funeral Pyre against the first wave of enemies who don't deal weapon damage for defense to matter anyways isn't really a big deal. Shrug. that's just how I do it quickly. Boneyard too easily poofs most of the mob if you pre-cast.