Dr. Strangebuff - Summoner Nec

bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Well, in such cases I usually ask the diablo wiki :D

https://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Magic_Fi ... Minions.3F

And there it says that minions profit from your mf and merc profits from his own and yours. The link contains everything you need to know about mf. Might be worth a read :)

duhs im slightly older than sandstone as my kids remind me( all above uni age) LOL keep forgetting theres a wiki for anything thank you and bookmarked so i can look up other stuff
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Posted over 2.500 messages
Legendary Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 250.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Created a complete character guide
-Updated Mercenaries Early game gear (can now reach 40 k defense with early game gear only and much more MF. My total MF on level 120 was 652 if the merc kills something. And that with minimal investment. This is seriously broken.)
-added Ranger merc to the guide (yeah I finally tried her out :D )
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:-Updated Mercenaries Early game gear (can now reach 40 k defense with early game gear only and much more MF. My total MF on level 120 was 652 if the merc kills something. And that with minimal investment. This is seriously broken.)
-added Ranger merc to the guide (yeah I finally tried her out :D )

all the updated merc act 1 stuff is what ive been using Mo'd just like you recommend except i had the old jimon body armour def 36k at 115lvl

and over 40k with the royal shourd

id had jah runes in everything instead of lum at first cause i could get another 30- 60% ED to each item

i figured times body armour+gloves+belt+helm+boots that would be worth it
200 ed limit on the item with orbs etc + 30-60% from jah runes in sockets
cause the limit can be exceeded with sockets

but i guess at 40k+ without jah runes in all armour pieces its probably more benefit to mf them??

just wondered if i already had high MF on my PC and lotsa MF orbs on all my merc gear....
if it was worth socketing some of my mercs armour with JAH for +15% ed per socket...
????
and whien i switched merc to royal shroud it has +12 vanquish

isnt that a wasted skill for the merc?? or can mercs use +(skill name)
??
i guess for ranger merc it wouldnt be since ranger mercs have vanquish

so it would add to it

but for priestess etc would they make use of that??

i really like the priestess heal even if boss kill is slightly lower having that not having to res merc at all really helps

oh and you have an error under act 1 gear merc
on the first page sticky...
gloves you have the correct featherclaw.). and you have abyssus labeled next to featherclaw which is a battle axe not gloves
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
Well, I figured as a farming character, I should ofc suggest MF gear. And it really helps a lot. You can find both more uniques and more rare armors (the latter is sold for a good amount of 250 k gold. And you find that more often in TA, which reduces the time you need in order to gather gold outside of TA in order to revive your merc. So you profit in every manner.)

Thanks for pointing out that abyssus. Don't know how that slipped in :D

Shroud royal is mostly used for the strength damage bonus. The merc has about 500 strength anyway, so why not get a good boost for physical damage? Jitans in contrast adds less armor (you can only get it to 200 ED if you're lucky in one or another way) and less damage. The only thing why you should use Jitans over Shroud royal is the %DR. But with the new way I'm farming TA, that's not really needed. Anyway, I'll add the new strategy for TA as soon as I tested it out some more.

If vanquish would add to the skill of the merc... I don't know for 100%. I guess it does, but I'm not sure.

In general more MF will work better. Of course, you won't do yourself any harm if you swap out the 60 MF from the armor for 90 ED. You probably won't notice the difference, if you already have like 600 mf.

Anyway, since a little less defense doesn't harm the killing speed, MF should be better in either case.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
removed
Edited by bradr 6 years.
bradr
Core Lord
355 | 0
HechtHeftig wrote:Well, I figured as a farming character, I should ofc suggest MF gear. And it really helps a lot. You can find both more uniques and more rare armors (the latter is sold for a good amount of 250 k gold. And you find that more often in TA, which reduces the time you need in order to gather gold outside of TA in order to revive your merc. So you profit in every manner.)

Thanks for pointing out that abyssus. Don't know how that slipped in :D

Shroud royal is mostly used for the strength damage bonus. The merc has about 500 strength anyway, so why not get a good boost for physical damage? Jitans in contrast adds less armor (you can only get it to 200 ED if you're lucky in one or another way) and less damage. The only thing why you should use Jitans over Shroud royal is the %DR. But with the new way I'm farming TA, that's not really needed. Anyway, I'll add the new strategy for TA as soon as I tested it out some more.

If vanquish would add to the skill of the merc... I don't know for 100%. I guess it does, but I'm not sure.

In general more MF will work better. Of course, you won't do yourself any harm if you swap out the 60 MF from the armor for 90 ED. You probably won't notice the difference, if you already have like 600 mf.

Anyway, since a little less defense doesn't harm the killing speed, MF should be better in either case.

coolk thanks and wasnt questioning shoud royal is clearly better

and my pc with mid game gear and the tu6 queen glass body armour ive over 92K def with just well orbed mid game crafted armour pieces and the early game body armour
i did have to socket everything with the resist elemts gems so i could get 90s across the board

but 1000% boost to minion life is awesome they went from 25kish to 45k just by swaping to my mid game gear
cant wait to see what happens when i find
santa compana or any of the SU body armours recommended

i was just curious if a merc who didnt have vanquish to beign with could use a + skill name..
say for the priestess merc who doesnt have it natively?
HechtHeftig
I paid 10$ for this.
2452 | 190
Great Posting Badge
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Guide Badge
nope. mercs can't use oskills.
Minas
Vampiress
39 | 0
Rishab wrote:
Minas wrote:hello,
little problem....
im 90 lvl. just arive in in terror ,3 town. And how i have to do Level Challenge 2 - Death Projector?
i bin in harder , killed that ligthning totem and dont get any buff,why?
maybe i have to do it in terror?
thx

u have to do it on terror.

but how i hawe to do it if i am LVL 90 just arrived in towm 3. if i go to flayer jungle and swampy pit ill be under 90lvl... and quest fails//...
aahz
Team Member
494 | 287
Great Popularity Badge
Has a thread with over 50.000 views
Great Love Badge
Earned over 100 cookies
Common Supporter Badge
Donated 1 time
Common Patron Badge
Patreon Contributor
Legendary Contribution Badge
Median XL Team Member
Minas wrote:but how i hawe to do it if i am LVL 90 just arrived in towm 3. if i go to flayer jungle and swampy pit ill be under 90lvl... and quest fails//...

on TSW ask someone to give you WP/TP or just rush there without killing monsters (see map first and start new game if it's too far)

on SP you can use Offline Tools to downlevel your char
https://tsw.vn.cz - TSW realm stats (& Quests, NotArmory, HC chars)
Minas
Vampiress
39 | 0
aahz wrote:
Minas wrote:but how i hawe to do it if i am LVL 90 just arrived in towm 3. if i go to flayer jungle and swampy pit ill be under 90lvl... and quest fails//...

on TSW ask someone to give you WP/TP or just rush there without killing monsters (see map first and start new game if it's too far)

on SP you can use Offline Tools to downlevel your char

ill try to run...